Register now to get rid of these ads!

'29 Sport Coupe Find

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 29Jay, Jan 1, 2011.

1. 29Jay

29Jay
    from Ft Worth

Happy New Year! Last week a relitive passed away. I recieved a call to go look at a '29 (something with a rumble seat...) The fella that passed was in his 70's. He was the 2nd owner of the this car. It had not been seen in over a decade. It was burried in a pile of boxes in the garage.

The basic story was it was purchased new by his grandfarther and handed down. it was parked when crud in the fuel tank clogged up the works... The carb was missing. The brothers are waiting on the will to go through probate so they can officialy do something with this car. It sure was a fun time digging out all of these boxes...

Attached Files:

• 064.JPG
      064.JPG
      File size:
      271.9 KB
      Views:
    • 069.JPG
      069.JPG
      File size:
      261.6 KB
      Views:
    • 070.JPG
      070.JPG
      File size:
      249.7 KB
      Views:
    • 073.JPG
      073.JPG
      File size:
      261.6 KB
      Views:
    • 075.JPG
      075.JPG
      File size:
      290.8 KB
      Views:
    • 077.JPG
      077.JPG
      File size:
      262.6 KB
      Views:
    • 082.JPG
      082.JPG
      File size:
      292.8 KB
      Views:
  2. 29Jay

29Jay
    from Ft Worth

Here are a few more pictures... I hope to hear more about it this week... Maybe dig it out next weekend...

Attached Files:

• 095.JPG
      095.JPG
      File size:
      264.8 KB
      Views:
    • 093.JPG
      093.JPG
      File size:
      259.7 KB
      Views:
    • 089.JPG
      089.JPG
      File size:
      280.7 KB
      Views:
    • 084.JPG
      084.JPG
      File size:
      263.8 KB
      Views:
    • 090.JPG
      090.JPG
      File size:
      273.5 KB
      Views:
  3. Mark H

Mark H
    from Scotland

Your next project,Jay?:D

4. 29Jay

29Jay
    from Ft Worth

undecided this week... it could be a deal too good to pass up... But is could be a money drain on something I really want to build....

I would like to get the car in the daylight and see what happens.... I'll keep you posted.

5. The37Kid

The37Kid

That is one body style I really like, looks like a good one to rebuild. Post more photos when you get it outside.

6. tcb-1

tcb-1

when my relatives die, they don't leave cool shit like that!

only wish I was able to help uncover the ol' girl.......

7. 29Jay

29Jay
    from Ft Worth

TCB, This is the only thing I will ever have a shot at... No one else ever had the $$$ or the space to keep anything like this... I hope to be able to get it, but then I wonder what to do with it...

8. That looks like a peach, and you won't have to change your HAMB moniker. How fortuitous!

9. Red Ram Hemi

Red Ram Hemi
    from Shack

Anybody know what kinda headlights those are?

Mitch

10. The37Kid

The37Kid

Stock 28-29 buckets with the sealbeam conversion, common 1950's upgrade. :)

11. Looks OK from here. From what i can see in the pic,s the white top looks to be in good condition, I.ll bet this car will turn out to be a nice little A coupe with minimal work.

12. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Here's some inspiration Jay.

Attached Files:

13. 29Jay

29Jay
    from Ft Worth

^^^^^ This is why I love the HAMB.... and you guys! I needed ideas and motivation... If the banger is a full rebuild, I would like to do a flatty...

14. Looks like a rusted out piece of shit.:eek: I know you have other things you want to build,:confused: so give me an address and I will bring you,:rolleyes: I don't know, lets say $1000.00:cool: and take that piece of shit off your hands. Deal? Let me know ASAP.:D I would say that is what you call original and looks to be in tip top shape.:p Give it a lot of thought before you ever start on it. Do it proud. You may never get to start with that quality of a car again.:)

15. Hazmat

Hazmat

That is very cool sir, and how bout all those boxes? Gotta be some Indiana Jones stuff in there as well. Very cool, hope it works out for you. Finding something like that doesn't happen everyday for sure. Condolences to the family for the loss.

16. 29Jay

29Jay
    from Ft Worth

Looks like this deal might come together for me... jus waiting on the will to get through probate. the familey wants to look for the title... it might take a while, but she she be un-earthed soon...

17. Mark H

Mark H
    from Scotland

That's great news Jay.Hope all goes well.
    Me,jealous?Just a bit!:D

18. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

good luck man, hope you get it

19. aldixie

aldixie

Good luck. I love the Sport Coupe.

20. hasty

hasty

Looks to be in great condition form the pictures? Nice car.

21. hasty

hasty

Sorry, double post - Tried to delete it without success.

22. norms30a

norms30a

Get that beauty and store her for a while to have time to think and think some more about what to do with her. Hope you get her.

23. good luck Jay-what a great gift to fall in your lap like that and some great iron to start with

24. 29Jay

29Jay
    from Ft Worth

Is it a gift if I have to by it? j/k... They are still waiting on the will and stuff, but they did say they want to be the one they sell it to...

Now it is about where do I put it and what do I do with/ to it...

25. Fly'n Kolors

Fly'n Kolors

Jay the possibilities are endless. Come over and look at my '29 and I can show you a few things to do and make it period correct without much change. Slow and easy on this little jewel. Bangers are a blast without much ca$h!!! Check the pics in my profile. Good score man.

26. 29Jay

29Jay
    from Ft Worth

I know it has been almost a year... I guess there is nothing quick about probating a will and having an estate sale et al.

We picked this ol girl up yesterday. Turns out she has not seen the light of day in 40+ years accourding to the memory's of the two brothers. One of which turnd 50 today. I posted this pic on FB yesterday and the memories started flowing.

The car has every indacation that it was restored in the 50's. This matches the stories and the last 1963 Tag.

The plan for now is the brothers want to keep the car. We have placed it in a storage near me. We are going to develop a plan to get her back on the road.

Being that I am a long time HAMB guy... I can't help but think of doing a mild and very tastful 50's modern-a-zation. A little hot rod, but mostly stock. It is their car, so it is up to them...

Attached Files:

27. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

you came that close,bummer

28. Weasel

Weasel

If it doesn't have Landau irons it may be a '28. Even rarer still. Does it have a red steering wheel?

I have had a thing for sport coupes ever since seeing this gem in 1980....

[​IMG]

29. C0ra1l1

C0ra1l1

Great score, 50's style sounds good to me!

-Pasi

30. 29Jay

29Jay
    from Ft Worth

Weasel: The steering wheel is black. One guy told be that alot of the early reto's left off the Lanau bars. Once I dig into the block ID #, we will know what year it was made. Well, the block at least... I like the picture you posted too... very classy.
    @ GaryB: it really is the best case for me. I'm starting on a '55 Dodge with my 15 year old boy. It will hold the whole fam, unlike a second Model A. If they foot the bill and pay for storage, I get to reto part. They will flip me some cash along the way for my efforts... I get to be the first to drive her too...