Register now to get rid of these ads!

anyone near Carlisle, PA???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by truth, Mar 4, 2005.

1. truth

truth
    from Boston, MA

I'll be there next Mon-Friday...

Looking for things to get into. Let me know what I should look out for over there... ! (shops, bars, etc).

2. hellspawn

hellspawn
    from Wayne Pa

Yo Truth...what ya going to Carlisle for?? I'll be up in yo neck of the woods for Dropkick Murphys st.paddys day show....my friends band is opening up for them.

3. lobuck

lobuck

Im about 50 mile east of Carlisle. Its a sleepy little town unless there is a car show there.

Best link I can find for Carlisle
    http://www.hotelcarlisle.com/attractions.htm

4. 1096

Latimore Valley Museum (Eastern Museum Of Motor Racing)isn't far from there... That where the jalopy showdown goes down.. Very cool museum...

Later Kevin

5. Clark

Clark

Latimore is closed til April. Besides a few touristy things like Harley in York and a few cool junkyards there's not much going on this time of year.
    Clark

6. 5window

5window

Truth be told, you're gettin' there about 6 weeks early. April 20th starts the great Cars at Carlisle market,car corral and flea market. As an alternative,you could go up to Harrisburg and check out CJPony's great Mustang shop and junkyard,see lots of sites and museums in Harrisburg,too; go to Gettysburg and tour the battlefield or go up to Hershey and check out the new Antique Automobile Car Club of America's museum. None of it is too far away.

7. kustomkoupe

kustomkoupe

im about halfway from hershey to harrisburg...theres not too awful much going on around here...just everyone hiding in their garages trying to build cars for the jalopy showdown

theres all kinds of bars on 2nd street in harrisburg

zach

8. truth

truth
    from Boston, MA

cool, pretty much what I expected. thanks for the info fellas. I'll bring my PS2... haha

Spawn... gimme a call when you're up in Boston, we'll raise some hell.