Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Jimmy Summers 40 Merc

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Android314, Apr 14, 2010.

1. big bad john

big bad john

This is really cool.......can't wait to see it done......Big Bad John:D

2. rainguy

rainguy

Im thinking you are Phil Julio's friend that did the grate T shirts when I worked for Ray Farner on his car shows. Right? Phill built a very nice 32 rdstr. when I wouldnt sell him mine. What happend to Phill ? Reasoner had his INVADER there and after a ride also tried to buy it for his wife Debbie that was before I put the blower on it. I just sold it to Denny Hall [see RIKS site for his old school chopped 41] Would love to see a photo your RIV. I could try to send a pic. of my chopped 64 Riv. when and if I can be shown how. Im just learning to use a confuser I spent 5mo. in hosp. in Seattle and am trying to reconect with the real [car] world . Some one said you were going to write a book. True? that would be great! You have so much insider knowlege you could do it like no one else. Let me know if I can help. I contriuted to some of Peter Vincents books. I have some RF productons posters and letterheads jacket patch ect. THINK ABOUT IT every one should share your recolections. Do you have a pic. of your candy purple Gran Prix? I LOVED that car big step up from hauling T shirts in a T bucket huh? .... well I HOPE i got the right guy otherwise this will sound pretty dumb..Dick Page aka rainguy [Dave Bell taged me with that]

3. rainguy

rainguy

For info. Don Rchardson is th current owner of Doug Rices 39 chopped,channed 39 ford seen on posts by "CW's40tpu"

4. rainguy

rainguy

kEN did you know there was a 3rd version ?....With frenched headlights, door handels removed and all four fenders moulded to body. Also removed was the radio antenna from the pass. side.The car was repainted Ruby Maroon. The upholstery was changed to black & white......Dick

5. rainguy

rainguy

Is that JACK STEWARTs 41 Ford 0n your avatar? Do you own it now? RICKSTER told a friend just bought it. Was that you? If so how about posting some pics and a story on this grate custom.

6. Rikster

Rikster

Dick Click HERE for the story on how the car got to Denmark and some more info on its History

And click HERE to see the story on the Restoration of the Jack Stewart 1941 Ford Coupe.

7. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Here ya go, Dick. Got a decent shot of the GP, but I never took one of the flaked and laced Riv....until this one that I recently got from Lee with the Riv in the background....not the best shot. Does the yellow trailer in the background bring back any memories?

Hey, man, hope you are able to finish the car in time for GNRS and if not, I hope to see you there anyway!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. rainguy

rainguy

WOW Thanks Tom, Nice of you to share those pics. THANKS so much. My back hurts just thinking about pushing all the cars that were in and out of that trailer. I have snaps of Lee's wildcat ''Choosey Begger'' pearl pink with purple flake top, no surprise there LOL. He was on the way to cal. to get his first set of hydros installed. After Rays show we had to use a floor jack to lift the car and install twist-in spring spacers so the car could be driven! Those were the days huh... Progress on the Summers Merc. is slow, I'm removing the fenders from my deuce sedan. To make it easer to get in from the wheelchair. I have a lift but it still takes help and everybody has a life,so it's slow going..Traveling is tough, dont think I will try to make the GNRS. Thanks again......Dick

9. rainguy

rainguy

For more info and photos on Jimmy Summers merc see Rik Hoving's custom car history blog for july

10. Rikster

Rikster

click the banner to check it out.

[​IMG]

11. 53chevy

53chevy

Awesome. I've seen ads for the Lyon Hubcaps in Life and similar magazines dating 1949. That Custom looked stunning in both colors, but the green does it for me, plus the Lyon Hubcaps is perfect. Nice write-up Rik.

Ken

Last edited: Jul 22, 2011
  12. Wellsville

Wellsville
    from Sweden

1001 Thanks to both Dick and Rik,, for sharing all this info + pics ,,, THANK YOU guys!! :)

13. One56

One56
    from Sweden

One of my top five customs.
    Looking forward to se moore of the car.
    And weelsville aka Håkan,
    I just remember the picture of the car you shoowed me a couple of years ago.

14. lukey

lukey

In my opinion this is one of the best looking 40 mercs of all time

15. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's good to see that the car is finally getting it's turn to get put back in shape. I've liked it since I first saw it in magazines in my teens.

I tried to keep up with Dick's sedan that is his Avatar about 20 something years ago in my 51 Merc and found out real quick I needed a lot more horsepower than I had to be able to keep up with that car.

16. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

Any progress being made on this beauty?