Register now to get rid of these ads!

Houston Guys, ad on craigslist

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by saulgoode, Mar 5, 2005.

1. saulgoode

saulgoode
    from Houston

2. jabber

jabber

3. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

Thanks, TP

4. saulgoode

saulgoode
    from Houston

They guy just emailed me, I was skeptical at first but it seems like it may be legit. The yard is north of kingwood off 59. That's kinda far from me, so it looks like I won't be able to check it out until Friday. I'll post any worth while pics after I check it out. If anybody goes sooner let me/us know if it's worth going.

Later,
    Saulgoode

5. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

I'll call tomorrow, and have Thursday open. So I'll try to check it out then.
    I really don't need anything, but you never know right.
    Don't worry the digicam will make the run as well.

6. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

Looks like I'm going to rain out today so I'll probably make the trek. TP

7. saulgoode

saulgoode
    from Houston

8. BigDdy31

BigDdy31

No wonder I didn't know who it was. I don't get that far north very much. Man, this has come at a really bad time as I don't have much money but I feel some stupid purchases coming on. LOL

Hey, does anyone know if Smitty knows these guys? I'll shoot him a PM to find out if he has the skinny. That's his neighborhood.

9. BigDdy31

BigDdy31

OK Texans, here's the contact info for the cars for sale:

Open from 9 AM to 6 PM

23277 FM 1314 Porter TX 77365

and FM 2090 Splendora Frw North 59

Tel.281 354 6315 cell.281 702 5147.

10. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

Ok, heres the skinny on it. I thought I knew who it probably was and I was right. he is a frenchman that lives in Spelendora. I went there today and save your gas money. There are no 20's, 4-30's four doors, afew 50's , and a few 60's. they have all been up to the floorboards in water for the past couple of years. There are some good parts but he won't part them out. He is extremely high on the cars for the shape they are in. Somebody else might have better luck with him. He has alot of z-cars{datsuns]. He does however have several cars with hemi's in them. They are in the $3000.00 range. He was asking $1500.00 for cars I wouldn't haul home. There were 2 -60 el caminos, 2 -64-66 lincoln converts, total rot out. I really think if you have to drive more than 30 minutes your wasting your gas. My .02 TP

11. saulgoode

saulgoode
    from Houston

TP thanks for the heads up, that will save me a drive out there. Did you talk to the guy, one of the emails he send made it sound like he had 2 yards. I hope he doesn't end up crushing them. Well I hope some of you other guys can maybe score something there.

Later,
    Saulgoode

12. ABone312

ABone312

That guy's right up the road from me. Like TP said, most everything I have seen there is rusted to shit, and he thinks it is gold. Very rarely have I seen anything there that I would want to take the time to fix up, and I've drug some pretty ambitious projects home. The lot that the cars are on off of 1314 is usually covered in standing water and it just eats the cars up.

13. Yeah I know this guy. Everything TP and Rodney said is true. The guy is a flake. :eek: He says he has a new yard and is going to set up shop there soon. Don't waste your time with this guy.

14. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

yeah the guy made it out to sound like two yards with 400+ old cars.

Glad i got the run down before driving out to the sticks for this goose chase.

15. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

16. rb53effie

rb53effie
    from Houston

Hey TP this is Rodney's brother. He has already sold the wagon. Actually he traded it for a 53 f100 drove it for a while then traded it t me for my falco project which we are going to turn into a solid axle gasser.