Register now to get rid of these ads!

sunday models 1/2/11

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 50shoe, Jan 2, 2011.

1. Church Key

Church Key

That is a cool newspaper article...Break out those old model and take some pictures. That is what I have been doing the last few weeks. Some of the builds I have been posting were built thirty years ago.

2. racemad55

racemad55

I'll have to do that someday,busy,check out the"mocked up hotrod thread"

3. ClearSpot

ClearSpot
    from Michigan

Cool roadster!
    That would be my priority too!

4. charliek

charliek

Started this today, gonna be mild with a hopped up 6 and maybe some lakes pipes. Not sure on the color yet as well

[​IMG]

5. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Neat... I heard the Offy version is due out soon. Gary

6. 50shoe

50shoe

Tp-
    I use superglue, I like the loctite from home depot.

The willys/amt kits are CHEAP, less than $10 shipped on ebay, but nothing fits very nice, and the rear end/suspension is a pain in the ass to build.

the wheel covers are from modelhaus.com one of the best resin suppliers, IMHO. that ford was a blast to build. based it on the dunn ford that was built by valley customs in the late 50s.

here are a few more pictures:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4990666&postcount=5

Geoff, sorry about that, I searched but missed your thread. there is some nice stuff in your thread!

7. y'sguy

y'sguy
    from Tulsa, OK

awesome stuff guys. please keep it up!

8. 62rebel

62rebel

i had a moment of weakness and splurged out on a new AMT '62 Catalina kit; the 2-n-1 with drag and custom options in it. well; same engine; custom has chrome valve covers. the piecrust slicks are a neat touch; as well as the whitewall insert "custom" tires that mount on chrome reverse wheels. lots of opportunity to detail with paint and parts; i'm building it as a street car, late '60's era, so essentially stock. i have a bone to pick about the custom diamond tuft interior, however; the front seat, on a two door hardtop, should have a seam down the middle of the backrest to depict the folding backrest.... the custom diamond tuft seat DOES NOT have a seam down the middle; nor does the pattern interrupt as it should. adding a seam would be simple... if not for the diamond tuft pattern. so, instead of using these seats for a four-seat car, i'll use them in two cars that seat two. hate to be a nit picker about an option i'm not even using.

9. The reason the Willys kit is such a pain and turns out crappy is that it is a re-issue of a kit that was produced way back in 60's or 70's.

10. *Kendall*

*Kendall*
    from chicago

here is some i've been working on

IMG_0339.JPG
    32 5 window chopped and channeled
    IMG_0323.JPG

and this merc i recently chopped and made a fender skirt
    still got alot to go on both will post more later
    IMG_0327.JPG

IMG_0346.JPG

IMG_0334.JPG

11. Da Injun

Da Injun

Damn, every time this thread pops up it gives me inspiration to start one of my kits....I have roughly 700+ kits, collected for the past 25 years, plus 60's vintage kits I buy from swap meets, model car shows, Ebay etc.... I buy a great deal of aftermarket resin parts, including bodies (btw...whatever happened to the resin company called the Good Stuff??), wheels, tires, engine parts, tear drop hoods for just about everything they cast em' for. Hell, I have most of the issues of Model Car Science and Car Modeler as even an added boost to get me motivated. Yet, the models sit.

I think I became too critical of my work and just let them sit instead of getting it partially started and unfinished. But damn if you guys don't get me hankering to get something out, start it and finish it.

Again, you guys have some really really cool stuff.

12. fortypickup

fortypickup
    from Nebraska

13. gbk

gbk

Cool stuff as usual. Gotta dig these Model Car Sundays!

Since we're doing a look back at the year just passed here are the Eleven that came off my bench in 2010:

3 Deuces
    [​IMG]

2 Altereds
    [​IMG]

A Coupla Old Racers
    [​IMG]

And 4 Customs
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanx for lookin' & a Happy New Year To All!

14. fortypickup

fortypickup
    from Nebraska

15. lowtruck

lowtruck
    from Omaha

There's some pretty impressive stuff on here.

Here's my humble submission. I rescued this Big T from an antique store last week. The yellow one was built by my dad back in the day.

I'm running out of shelf space for these things.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. car toon

car toon

Great looking models again this week!....