Register now to get rid of these ads!

GARAGE ART: What'd you build?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by neonloverrob, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

[​IMG]

more girly shit......

2. trvguy

trvguy

it was tuff gettin' this tree.

3. Mudgy

Mudgy

wow there's some great ideas here. I made a giant scale rail from a chainsaw, go kart wheels and stainless steam pipe (amongst other industrial scrap)

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  4. sabtaj1

sabtaj1
    from Iowa

63 falcon sofa. Not glass...

Attached Files:

falconsprint63 likes this.
  5. oldschool55

oldschool55

Always wanted to do a sofa from a '55 Chev, but just don't have the room for one. Keep the pictures coming,

6. 29ToyA

29ToyA

7. seatex

seatex

Amen to that!

8. jalopyshots

jalopyshots

Desk
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

My living room
    [​IMG]

9. pascal 58

pascal 58
    from amsterdam

This is my contribution for what'd you build.

It's the back of a Dodge B-200. I cut it, flaked it and I've placed my computer inside. I finished it with a bumper and a few pinstripes.

Attached Files:

10. Redhouse

Redhouse
    from derby, ks

here's an airbrushed mural i'm doing for a buddy on the inside of his garage door. still in progress...

Attached Files:

• photo.jpg
      photo.jpg
      File size:
      101.9 KB
      Views:
  11. sabtaj1

sabtaj1
    from Iowa

That is frikkin amazing!!! WOW.... I would love to have that done to mine. Great JOB!

12. BAD ROD

BAD ROD

Man, we have some talent here. I wish I had the vision that some of you have.

Mike

13. jdubbya

jdubbya

First is the marlin that I purchased at a swap meet for $30.00, and gave it a little make over. It came from the man who caught it, with pictures, and a certificate of authenticity from a taxidermist... if the guy only knew what would come of it. The picture are a before and after, thanks to HotRodGary for spraying the color.

I recently purchased this old 60-70's midget body, and will likely become some wall art.

Attached Files:

14. Mullins

Mullins

This is on the inside of a old church building I bought. What better thing to do to a old church building. LOL Cut a hole in the rear, build a ramp, and use it as a shop, hang out, office, play room. Hope you enjoy it. Getting ready to put a vintage midget on a shelf 8ft off the floor. I will post pics soon. Thanks for the cool pictures of the cool things to build. Man I'm going to go tear a old wheelbarrow apart now and mount it to my kids gocart. HMMMMMMM!!!!! Does anyone have a good running flathead v8 I can put on a wheelbarrow tubbed go cart. LOL Thanks everyone that has posted here. So Cool!!!

Attached Files:

15. Westerman

Westerman
    from Cincinnati

The truck bed idea is great.. I'm going to find me a truck bed now.. Thanks for the idea!

16. gladeparkflyer

gladeparkflyer
    BANNED

interesting... i took an old coathanger and turned it into an antenna...:eek:
    some seriously cool stuff in this thread!

17. 21tat

21tat

Great stuff!

18. Probably not art, I built these in 9th grade shop (about 1961) from flathead pistons and rods. Dang!, I'm getting old!

Attached Files:

19. sabtaj1

sabtaj1
    from Iowa

Now that is a church I would attend. LOL.

20. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

I'm looking for a couple of old cams now about the same length, not good ones of course, and a couple of oddball metal hubcaps, going to make some surround sound speaker stands, I have car stuff everywhere so plain ones wouldn't do. :D

21. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

and the speaker stands done [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. sdbcivic

sdbcivic
    from West Ga.

I have a set of 55 chevy guages that i found in my grandfathers old stuff when he past. been looking for an old dash i can put them in! one day ill run across one.

Hmmmm...also have a 79 firebird front clip in the woods may have to get busy!:D

23. pex

pex
    from alberta

came up with this years ago when i bought the welder.lets just say its fast.[​IMG]

24. drflex

drflex

now thats a man cave!!! really diggin' the vega

25. Here are a couple of couches and two desks I built for my new office. The caddy desk was just propped up in the blue suede for our open house. It's back apart now and we are painting it pearl white and candy raspberry panels like Larry Watson's 59.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. genti1ma

genti1ma
    from Michigan

This is a bed made by PMA Motorsports. Fits a twin sized mattress. Made out of sheetmetal and exhaust tubing, sprayed vermilion red, in his kids room it has 13's and the handle to replicate the radio flyer perfectly

Attached Files:

27. HNICustoms

HNICustoms

wow.............great thread

28. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

OMG! You've got the COOLEST office! :cool:

29. Almost makes it good to see the Dentist.

30. Thanks! It's been a three year project. Those pics don't show the whole deal. There are more pics in an album on my profile if you haven't looked at them already. I had planned on posting a separate thread on it, but wanted to wait until I had the details finished. I just finished marking out Larry Watson's signage from his shop on one wall and hope to paint it in the next week or two. :D

You need to run over one day and see it...or maybe after breakfast on Saturday.