Register now to get rid of these ads!

Made a LONG trip to Montana, but it was worth it!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Yeah, It is a design flaw, But the have a updated gasket for it.

Timing belts on the DOHC are a pain in the ass....FWIW. All sorts of nasty compared to other subs.....They never should have got rid of the 2.2

2. burnout2614

burnout2614

I would make that trip for a grille as nice as yours. Hanging from the ceiling inside The Knuckle Saloon in Sturgis SD is a complete 33-35 Chevy grille. I want it but they ain't talkin! peace

3. gonzo

gonzo

True dat

4. Randy P

Randy P
    from Austin, TX

Now, that's what I call fun! And look at the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, that grille's a beauty!

Last edited: Dec 29, 2010

5. Oh I know, I worked at an engine shop for 8 years. I know all about timing belts for em :D

6. terryr

terryr
    from earth

Montana is the emptiest place I've ever been through. You can drive for hours without seeing a car. Nice if you solitude but a poor place to break down.

Great grill.

7. Thanks Randy, after talking to you in Austin and seeing some of your cars I have to say you have great taste, so I take your words to heart!

8. argand46

argand46

Real men drive full size rear wheel drive Fords in the snow. Nothing else has can do the same spin that they do.

9. OK, heres my powerstroke diesel truck, but it gets half the milage as the Subaru, rides rougher, and diesel is a buck more a gallon. Plus honestly, on slick roads I will take an AWD car anyday over a RWD truck...but thanks for making assumptions about people whom you don't know.

[​IMG]

10. Subaru's, DOHC's, Power Stroke Diesel Ford's....wasn't this thread about a '34 ford grill?:confused:

11. hotrod-40

hotrod-40

Actually, I believe the early Native Americans used to call both ranges the Cascades. The name was later changed by the white man. At least that is what Lenny told me. He said he was delivering at the top of the mountain for UPS when they changed the name. That John Denver is full of shit!

12. gonzo

gonzo

And now geography. I'm going to post my favorite waffles recipe now and really blow this thing up.
    You see the thing about great waffles is you have to mix 1/2 bisquick with the store bought waffle ...
    But that really is one nice grill.

13. PRIMER STUDIO

PRIMER STUDIO
    from Bozeman,MT

You weren't lying when you said it's a nice grill. Damn

14. 56ih

56ih

That's not THAT long of a trip; try living in Montana, where every trip is 360 miles! I live in a big state with not much in it

15. oldskoolflyer13

oldskoolflyer13

Try Raleigh or Fayetteville NC to Missoula MT...not cheap!

16. oldskoolflyer13

oldskoolflyer13

Ive faced those snow storms for 20 years before joining the army and moving down south. Nice grill...well worth the trip, and on top of that all....you got the crazy story of "when I was -- years old I had to trek across 800 miles, a snowstorm, breaking down in the pass....just to get original parts"....or something like that. Cool beans on the grill and hopefully the excess snow this year will come to a stop soon

17. 32-3 WINDOW

32-3 WINDOW
    from utah

thats a nice grill and a great trip to remember

18. bowtie40

bowtie40

Just came back from Great Falls last week. Started from Lynnwood, Wa. (just north of Seattle) Went to look at a 34 Ford pickup, came back emty handed. The guy I went with wouldn't bite because of the beatin' his wife would give em, if he brought it home. Well we had a great time anyhew... 1300 miles round trip. Bowtie40