Register now to get rid of these ads!

am i grateful enough

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scratchtown, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Strangely, it was harder to give up smoking than the drugs. Been 24 years now Jan. 1 1987. More since the drugs. Grateful for every moment of free and fresh air!

In our gratefullness must not forget that there are those left behind that still need us to pay it forward. Also, escape does not mean immune, they'll be tryin all the harder to get you back especially when new challenges arise.

Hang in there all, and a blessed New Year.

2. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I am grateful for having read this thread. It's truely inspirational to read of someone who had overcome such problems. Just look at the responces it has gotten from among us.
    It's good for this to happen any time but now with the New Year here it just seems right. Congratulations to those who have overcome and to those still fighting take the advice of finding Jesus and putting your burdens on Him. His healing power will amaze you as it has with those who have shared with us.

Frank

3. Johnnyzoom

Johnnyzoom
    from Florida

Every single day of sobriety under your belt counts and as others have said it keeps getting easier. Congratulations and keep it up!

4. You have a great looking family, congratulations on the life turn around. Thanks for sharing this with us, you're HAMB family.

5. peter johnson

peter johnson

Thanks for sharing that!,just had my 3rd sober xmas!LETS NOT MAKE OUR PAST OUR FUTURE!Stay cool!Pete

6. scratchtown

scratchtown

All i can say is WOW the responses and positive words from you all my fellow hambers never ceases to amaze me. thank you all,scratchtown

Last edited: Jan 2, 2011
  7. bblue34

bblue34

Ive beem sober for 8 years,its amaxing what you can do without a beer in your hand.plus the money you will save for bike car,projects, and also you will live to see your kid and grand kids grow up.keep the faith brother

8. brady1929

brady1929

congrats. it takes a strong man to kick that!