Register now to get rid of these ads!

2011 Sacramento Autorama ~ SUEDE PAVILION

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by axle, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Brah

Brah
    from Villa Rosa

Why are those men flogging the apparently deceased equine beast?

2. lazyv8

lazyv8

ok ''putz''.

3. lazyv8

lazyv8

btt. axle puts on a great show in a fair way.. lets drop the drama and get back to the cars!
    LETS SEE WHAT YOUR BRINGING TO THE SAC SUEDE ROOM!!!!!!!POST SOME PICS!

4. lazyv8

lazyv8

30 av8 roadster built by j.ripper and now owned by bob westbury will be there!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Tim Elwess' 51 chevy mild custom built by himself at 18 yrs old will be there..
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  5. Screamin J Pito

Screamin J Pito

Its been a long while since I looked forward to this show. The last few years its been damn good. I wont have a car there this year, maybe next. Looks like some bad ass cars are gonna be out there!

6. flyin flattie

flyin flattie
    from Redmond OR

i cant wait to take my chevy there should be fun to see who els shows up

7. SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS

SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS
    from BAY AREA

i will be there with The Redeemer and hopefully the latest and freshly redone- 65 riviera.

[​IMG]

before pic.
    [​IMG]

8. SapienKustom

SapienKustom
    from Merced, CA

I'm bringing my 55 Dodge

Attached Files:

9. flyin flattie

flyin flattie
    from Redmond OR

ive never heard of a custom rat what is this contraption I am hearing about??????

10. rick finch

rick finch

What the heck is a custom rat?

11. lazyv8

lazyv8

where do i start?? first off i read your posts three times and still cant understand what your trying to get across . the only thing i could get out of it is that you like custom ratzzz..

12. lazyv8

lazyv8

love your dodge!!

13. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Custom Ratzzz must be the next big thing. Looking forward to it.

14. Sooo... What do you mean by Kustom Ratzzzzz? Is this in reference to your spider web grill insert? Is this what started the Suede room?

Are you saying that Lazy V8 payed someone to build his "39" Ford Coupe or his pickup... or 90% of the suede room cars???

Last time I checked there were Threads started on most of those builds... here on the H.A.M.B. You might want to read them before making uneducated judgmental comments about cars you know NO history of.

If you took time out of your day to read and look at the pictures of some of the cars that are showing up to the Suede Room that they were not built by some "high dollar" shop.

Thumbs up Buddy. :D

Last edited: Jan 2, 2011
  15. flyin flattie

flyin flattie
    from Redmond OR

lol the poor ratzzzz boy cant even spell custom right its with a K everyone knows that

16. lazyv8

lazyv8

amen brother! no one touches my cars but me and the upholsterer!!!

17. People should just apply for the show... send a pic of heir car in and then let someone pick which cars they want to fill the limited spots.

If you start floodin' the registration with whole car clubs... you're gonna have to let shitty cars in that I personally don't care to look at.

Face it, just because you're a club doesn't mean all the cars in your club are cool.

Personally... I like to look at cars that have some very nice fabrication going on, or nice paint, or have a real nice look.

I wouldn't walk across the street to look at a bunch of 50's cars with shitty stock paint that are dropped with bags and have a bunch of bolt-on shit on them.

Yawn.

Sam

18. JSM56

JSM56

Man I can't take any more drama. We were excited as a club to do the club display this year, but if the pavilion is not available, I guess that's out the window. So, screw it, lets just focus that much more on making Midnight Mass as amazing as we can for all the local clubs. We have no control over how the owner of Autorama chooses to run it. We as individuals only have control over whether we support the show or not. So, each must make their own decision.

Michael... that iPhone really hacked up your post. Man am i glad i use a real computer. He really isn't that retarded at typing.

Jim, those old photos of your car make me remember yanking the 4banger out for my roadster. Good times. I miss that car. Yours looking awesome these days.

Oh and for all you internet tough guys, that like talking shit online.... my dad can totally beat up your dad.

Sincerely, LEFTY
    POORBOYS SACRAMENTO

xoxo

19. MICHAEL ACRI

MICHAEL ACRI
    from CALIFORNIA

To all who have read my post .Sorry i was on the i phone and my post turned out like shit.The poorboys and my self are in full support of Axle and the show .We will have two cars there and be ready to party and have a good time . My beef is not getting the info after calling way to many times .I hate the word rat to make that clear.I have been going to shows my whole life and love to see all the cars and the progress people make with them every year.It is very unfortunate there is not enough funds for the extra building but it is what it is. Maybe next year .For now we will show up and have a great time .I just wish someone would have called back with some info.Axle if you need anything let me and the Poorboys know
    thanks, Hotrod P.B.F.L.
    This was not a bash on anyone .I dont no who built what .And it does not matter much to me.We all need a place to have fun with our cars .mabe next year i will have the merc done .To all you HAMB Nazis have a great New years and dont be to quick to judge .Jim i no who you are and thanks.i was referring to what our buddy was calling them .will see ya around PBFL

20. JSM56

JSM56

By the way, I think axle is doing a great job with the suede tent, considering the very small space he has to work with. For those who don't know the history, the Poorboys hosted the first Suede Pavillion for autorama, and we filled the much larger room with traditional cars with help from all the clubs coming out and supporting. when John Buck made the decision to move the suede room to the tent building, we were no longer interested in being a part of it. Nobody could have done a better job taking over than Axle. He is just working with what he is given, which is a room that holds maybe 40ish cars.

Is T.J. doing the Pinstriping Display this year? If so, i will get working on a couple of panels to donate.

LEFTY
    POORBOYS

21. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Ill be there.
    In that.
    <-------
    I have to park outside.
    Whatever.
    Axles got good music inside and my buddies will be there.

I agree it would be nice to have a club room where all the clubs could be together. We have alot of cars we would like to take.... plus a San Jose chapter with some really nice stuff, too. We got a few cars in, the rest will be outside.

Maybe next year a club area can be arranged. Maybe not.

Im still looking forward to it. Thanks to Axle and the other organizers.

22. MICHAEL ACRI

MICHAEL ACRI
    from CALIFORNIA

Cars look great bro see ya around . That insert took me hours to build. that hurts lmao

23. lazyv8

lazyv8

That Edsel should be inside! I have seen it around..what a nice car drugasm!

24. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Thanks. We had a pow wow and I think we are all happy with the cars from the club that are gonna be inside. Plus Axle invited us to put different ones in next year so who know, by then it might be a little more "custom".

Besides,.....I cant BBQ inside ha ha ha.

25. $phil$

$phil$

I think Axle is a stand up guy and is doing what he can with what he has ....And I think it's good to pick and choose what can get in if your car doesn't make it in... try harder that's how life is and take it like a man..Are show we pick what comes in and we hear about it every year so how could we bitch!!!! Axle keep doing what your doing and the Poor Boys will help any way we can..I would hope you would love to come to sac but with all this bullshit I can't see how it can be any fun.. so with that said the first beer on me axle lets just have fun!!!!

26. MrBelvedere2

MrBelvedere2
    from Davis, CA

I can't wait to go again this year, had fun last year, too bad my car is in peices right now. Hopefuly next year I can hope to have it in the suede pavilion. See you guys there!

27. Bombmen

Bombmen

I'll be there.

Attached Files:

28. lazyv8

lazyv8

Another bitchin northern California av8! ! Love that car!

29. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Hello everyone, i thought i'd chime in again. Its Monday evening 1/3/2011 and i just left the Rod Shows office where we've been in meetings since noon (its 9:22 p.m. now) . Anyway, i went through all of the applications and there are a stack of them with pictures of FANTASTIC cars attached. There is room for approx. 10 more cars and thats it. Also, my wife has room for about 3 more vendors so if anyone is interested let us know. Had great conversations recently with Mike, Fred, and Phil of the Poorboys and they are sending in 2-3 applications in the next day or so. I want to publicly thank Brandon Flaner , Darrel Hollenbeck , and Dave (aka A32Flathead) for your support and want to thank all the clubs who are participating. So, leave the drama at home, get busy finishing up your cars and get busy making those trophies guys, and lets have a good time. All the best, Axle

30. bigguylilroof

bigguylilroof

ahhhh,,,,,,,,,....Dave??? hahahahaha