Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects *whats plans do you have for your ride in 2011*

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lorodz, Dec 31, 2010.

1. bcharlton

bcharlton
    from Buffalo NY

Get the 31 Olds on the road. I am tired of talking about it and now it is time to get down to business.

BC

2. Mine has been just needing an exhaust and headliner for a couple of years to be done.I keep getting distracted with other projects.My plans are to actually finish something.

3. Road Rocket

Road Rocket

Next on the list, has to be putting a floor in my 31 roadster. I am getting tired of dropping things and never seeing them again. But it is kinda neat to see the road go by throught the floor!

4. Pistnbroke

Pistnbroke
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hope to see ya some where in that 30k Bob you are a hoot!!!

Red

5. 65COMET

65COMET

FINISH the damned thing!!!!! ROY.

6. Make 'em move under their own power. Maybe install neutral switches.

7. HOTRODKID91

HOTRODKID91

Finish my car that i have been workin on the past 4 years and then get some new wheels and white walls for the galaxie and pearl white the roof on it

8. slickhale

slickhale
    from Phoenix

scallop job, lowering, drive it for a few months then cut the suspension up and do a bag setup.......and if a miracle happens a new interior

9. norms30a

norms30a

Get parts and do as much as I can on my A.

<<<

10. jefscoupe

jefscoupe

Drive the 32 in time for its 80th birthday.

11. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

[​IMG]Still trying to decide if we want to keep it or sell it.:rolleyes:

12. poofus1929

poofus1929
    from So Cal

Get mine built!:eek:

13. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Drive it....
    [​IMG]

14. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

I took my coupe apart and decided to start over.Was sick of not being able to see around the blower (way too many close calls). I pulled the trigger on a aluminum frame. Looking to build a 1800 to 2000 pound rocket. I should get started after March. I have to get ready for a art show that I have in March first.

Attached Files:

15. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

After a lousy hot rod year with my wife having back surgery and loosing my mom I'd like to freshen up the '32 2dr. (paint?.......are you kidding me:)) and by freshen up I mean change the oil. Then finish the brakes on the '38. If there is any time left maybe get a start on the '32 roadster or the '32 5w I've had for almost 40 years.

Frank

16. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

17. In 2011, the plan is:

1) Get the motor and trans into the '62 Falcon and hopefully get it running.
    2) Put as many miles on the '61 'bird as I can manage going to a lot of shows.

18. Well, I delivered the 32 Coupe to it's new owner today ~ January 1st!
    So I have big plans as I now have a 34 Coupe to finish and the 29 RPU to revamp, so plenty this year.

19. Brewton

Brewton

I'm going to put an exhaust system on the coupe! The exhaust fumes when in stop and go traffic are getting to me. Also, finish the interior! And... if I have some money towards the end of the year...maybe a bigger mill.

20. Firestones all round, drilled axle and louvre the deck lid.

21. mixedupamx

mixedupamx

blast , paint and rebuild the front suspention .rework the 9" ford rear and get it off the rotisery and back on its wheels!

22. dt50chev

dt50chev

Put in the new side glass that I have had since last March. Wide whitewalls. Install a/c and heater. Repaint the dash and interior sheetmetal. Install another set of wheels and my '56 Cadillac hubcaps. I have all the parts, just need to find time to do the work.

23. AcadianKid

AcadianKid

To get started, sad but honest...

24. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

save money.. just save money and drive it...

i gotta pay a large tax bill and get a little ahead before i can justify anything... then next spring hopefully new paint on the body and redo all teh trim and chrome on the outside...then interior

this year is just a budget redo on my garage to make it more usefull

25. rallisracing

rallisracing

for the Roadster- ordered new steel wheels, replace billet steering wheel with an old Superior wheel, build a fan shroud, and drive it...

26. Redz Rodz

Redz Rodz

got to get a few more bugs worked out of the 32 "tring to lower my lap times at the showdown" & FINIALLYY got the 50 caddy in the garage so it's time to bust ass ,i would like to get the car ready for my twins to use at the homecoming game this fall for there sr.class float " my boy plays football and i've always told his buddies that some day we are going to tear the old track up, before they put down that all weather crap!! "

27. sdbcivic

sdbcivic
    from West Ga.

get it off of the jack stands! they make it sit way toooooo high!

28. The37Kid

The37Kid

If I can get the '30 Roadster body assembled and in finish primer, paint ready I'd be real happy. Then in 2012 I can say I'll start on the '32 chassis for it.

29. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

Pull the Griffin radiator that leaks like a sieve and replace it. So tired of a damn leaking radiator. Put some time in driving the sedan. Would like to do a extended trip with a couple of other 32 guys and the wives.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Like I told the kid, "Your music's not too loud, its just like OKC, it suscks!"

30. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Replace the radiator with something that will cool my car and not leak. Then finish the interior and maybe look towards paint this fall. But I'm gonna drive the heck out of it all spring and summer!