Register now to get rid of these ads!

Roadster Refinement rear window R and C question?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1936hotrod, Jan 1, 2011.

1. 1936hotrod

1936hotrod
    from RI/CT

Page 54 to59 from march 2011 rod and custom. I am baffled at the rear window on this pick up.Its is a 2 piece frame i can tell that. I don't want to post pixs of it from the Mag as i don't think i am supposed too.(copyright stuff don't want Ryan in a bind)
    I can most times figure out what its from but this one...i don't know. It would work well on one of my projects and looks old. Any help?
    Thanks for any ideas.

2. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

made to fold when the top goes down? I'm not near my latest issue, but I think I saw that during the first "flip-through" of the magazine.

dj

3. They are not available new as far as I know. I occasionally see them for sale at swapmeets. You just gotta keep your eyes open for one. Maybe Ebay. They are two piece with the glass sandwiched in between the two halfs of the frame with screws holding them together. Hope that helps some. Throw a wanted ad up in the HAMB classified section and maybe someone here has one laying around. Good luck

4. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

Speedway sells a mail slot rear window frame in aluminum either polished or plain. I don't see where it hinges Dale. It's just two piece, inside and outside.

5. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

The speedway aluminum window is a joke. The two halves don't fit together at all, last one I had I sent back and my brother made a frame out of wood.

It took less him less time to make one then it would have taken to make the Speedway window fit, and it look 100x's better.

6. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

I wish I'd read that yesterday before I ordered one. I'll just have to make it work.

7. 1936hotrod

1936hotrod
    from RI/CT

Thanks for stopping that mistake. To be honest it did not look that great in the pixs in the catalog.
    Still diggin into some old pixs. I dont think the author of the article even knows what he had.
    Thanks everybody i will keep digging.

8. 1936hotrod

1936hotrod
    from RI/CT

It does help...I have not seen any on e-gay but i guess it could hide in many diff places... Thanks

9. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

I just received the Speedway polished aluminum mail slot frame. Apparently they sent you one from a different pile than mine. Because the one I got is beautiful and I couldn't be happier with it.