Register now to get rid of these ads!

am i grateful enough

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scratchtown, Jan 1, 2011.

1. scratchtown

scratchtown

I know this is off topic but here it goes. Am i grateful enough the new year always makes me think of my past and just how far i have come next month on feb 7 2011 i celebrate 2 yrs sober. Which is a hell of an accomplishment for me. I am a recovering pill and heroin addict and since i have gotten sober my life has change so much that my gratitude cannot even be measured in words alone. I bought my first harley sold it to buy my 49 chevy project which has always been my dream since i was a kid. I got divorced thank god ex wife is a real treat lol and i have been a true father to my son. Have an apt and a garage to call my own no longer live on the streets anymore. So many things have happened in the last 2 yrs i couldnt list them all so what im asking is how grateful are our fellow hambers list anything that brings you gratitude thank you for letting me share, scratchtown

2. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

SCRATCHTOWN,

Look at that boy in your avatar, does he look happy or what? Congrats on your success and don't look back at your demons of the past! That pic of your son should answer all your doubts...Be the MAN HE NEEDS YOU TO BE! 2011 for you and your son.....Stay strong and keep the FAITH!:D

3. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

Be very proud of what you have become and thank God for the strength to change.

4. pdq67

pdq67

May GOD continue to bless you and yours.

Happy, happy!

pdq67

5. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

Congratulations on your ongoing recovery and sobriety. kep on the path day by day.
    I am especially grateful for as 2011 starts. ere is what 3 weeks ago i was in the hospital recovering from a emergency operation were i had to have ~5" of my small intestine removed. when i cane home a week later it struck me that not that long ago i would have died and never seen the inside of my home (or shop) again. Glad there are docters who know how to repair/splice a "kinked hose".

6. storm king

storm king

Good input , all. My story is too long to tell, but in truth, the best way to know you are showing sufficient gratitude, is to not look back, keep moving forward, and don't fall in the pit again...
    Like the guys' said, that little boy needs Dad to be his example; and you can be that for him and that is the best reward!

7. scratchtown

scratchtown

Thanks every body just so grateful to not be pushing up daisys any one else got anything to be thankful for doesnt have to be life threatning can be anything , scratchtown

8. silent rick

silent rick

congratulations. here's hoping you can experience a great life free of your addictions and never go back to your past behavior. later this month marks 22 years for me. it's been so long now, i forget if it's january 22nd or 23rd. best of luck to you.

9. caseyscustoms

caseyscustoms
    BANNED
    from st.joe, MO

2 years sober.... i bet new years eve sucked.:D

congrats, but get back to cars.

10. scratchtown

scratchtown

spent new yrs with my family best new yrs ever:)

11. caseyscustoms

caseyscustoms
    BANNED
    from st.joe, MO

yea me and the old lady have strep throat so we stayed home and watched movies. i will say its nice waking up on january 1st without a headache for once.

12. scratchtown

scratchtown

i used to wake up coyote ugly :(

13. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Congrats my friend, that is not an easy road to return from. I have seen it destroy good people firsthand. Here's to you and yours, stay free.

14. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Stay strong, life is too short to spend in a permanent state of numbness. It's a gift to be alive and healthy, don't squander that gift. There is a reason that each of us are here, not always for ourselves, often for another. Those that are here for another are truly the fortunate ones as we seldom appreciate or love ourselves as they love us. Empower the word "no"

15. Deuces

Deuces

Congrats scratch!! :)

16. bcharlton

bcharlton
    from Buffalo NY

Congratualations and may 2011 be the 3rd year in a row.

ps I have the same pedal car your son is driving. I am retoring it. Anyone have a miniturized flat head for sale?

BC

17. mtflat

mtflat

I am very grateful for a new grandson this past year. And grateful his daddy, my youngest son is one year cancer free from testicular cancer. My oldest son, who chose a career that involves getting shot at occasionally is safe and sound. Life is good and we are blessed.

Congratulations on 2 years sober. I'm not in recovery myself, but I know your battle. I do 5th Step counseling to help guys make the connection between sobriety and spirituality. God bless!

And for the forum, I'm having a blast building a 50 F4 dualie into a snow plow truck. Too much snow and cold to get much done as it's sitting outside - the shop is full.

18. Conratulations on your sobriety. My personal experience in that regard is that you'll stay sober if you continue to use the tools that got you this far. I've seen the best and worst things that can happen to people who are addicts and it usually seems to come down to faith, resolve and gratitude for life that makes the difference between sobriety and relapse. I'm enjoying my 25th consecutive sober New Year's Day today and if I can do it anyone can.

19. beanis

beanis

I too extend my hardy congratulations to you Scratch.

You got it now!..the undeniable truth: You get out of life what you put into it.

...congratulations on all your future successes as well, because with your new-found attitude, and gratitude, there will be many.

Happy New Year to All!

20. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

One day at a time works. Well done.

21. matts37chev

matts37chev

just know that you have made bad choice in the past.
    and the last couple years you you made better choices.
    its all up to you, its tough sometimes, but you can keep making the right choices.
    its alot easier if you keep good people around you and there are some good ones here.
    just keep on, keeping on

22. John Stimac

John Stimac

Take the time to pray, pray from your heart, and be in the here and now.

God bless you on this New Years Day

23. Zack Methvin

Zack Methvin
    BANNED

WTG man!! You should be damn proud of yourself and what you have accomplished. Just don't ever look back and stay focused.

What am i grateful for? I am grateful to see your post, grateful that you are clean and being a father, raising up that boy and being there for him. I am grateful for my family as well and grateful that i live in America and all the wonderful things (like hot rodding)we have the freedoms to do.

24. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Only one way to go....."foreward".....never look back.

25. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

congrats,Keep do'in what your do'in,you'll keep gett'in what you got, 7yrs sober

26. terry48435

terry48435

Keep up the good work.I've been clean 25 yrs, one day at a time. It wasn't easy but I've always valued things more if I had to work for them. The gratitude of having the the respect and love of my friends and family helps keep me happy I'm alive.
    You can't buy that,you have to earn it.

27. 55FORDWGN

55FORDWGN

Keep up the good work, it only gets easier. Sober since 1978

28. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

SCRATCHTOWN,
    Good for you my man !!!
    Takes a lot of guts to clean up.
    Hang in there. You and your son will appreciate it forever !!!
    Cheers,
    Bob :D

29. 42 chevy

42 chevy

Happy new year. Way to go , I have been clean for 15 years. It just keeps getting better. I would be dead by now if I still was doing it. Keep on keeping on.

30. CRH

CRH
    from Utah

GOOD JOB!
    You are overcoming an addiction AND you are grateful. This gratitude is a treasure...don't let gratitude leave you. And 2 years of sobriety means you are committed to facing life and overcoming an addiction. These priorities dwarf everything else.