Register now to get rid of these ads!

Barry Lobeck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by saucerhead, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Gizzy

Gizzy
    from N.W,Ohio

Hope your feeling better...Happy Holidays from NW Ohio. Giz'

2. Packman32

Packman32

Made for an even more memorable trip in 07.... keeping you in our thoughts and prayers Barry! -Andy Pack

3. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

Get well Barry.......and keep knockin' out your cool "Ohio Hot Rods"!

4. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

Barry, is the OHIO Look !!!

Best Wishes Barry

5. gkgeiger

gkgeiger

Hi Barry,
    I hope you get well and look forward to seeing you soon.

6. woodyTom

woodyTom
    from canton MI

barry, just a quick note to say hello hotrodmary

7. Hi Barry,

We have never met, but we have a connection. A bunch of years ago I bought a 67 Chevelle Malibu with 32,000 original miles. It was bone stock with the exception of two things. It had 17" Americans and it had been lowered....correctly...by Lobecks Speed Shop. That Chevelle got a lot of attention and it was a cover car on the Ausleys catalog....but, the first thing I always said when showing the car..It was lowered by Lobeck's...and that said it all.

Get well and Merry Christmas Barry

Murph

8. metal man

metal man

I've known "of" Barry since he was driving the red '40 Standard coupe ,1981 maybe?I LOVED that coupe and it made me impatient to turn 16 and get my own '40 standard coupe going.Actually got to "know" Barry in 1984 when his shop built the NSRA giveaway car (orange '34 Roadster) and my dad won it.Dad has 130,000 miles + on that car today with only routine maintenance.Fast forward five years to 1989 and I'm 17,working for Barry and Ginny,and driving my '40 coupe to work daily.Who'd a thunk it?
    Since then they have continued to treat me with great respect and I always know I can get a better deal at Lobecks than any where else that has a similar product.There are certain events I go to every year and one of the things on the agenda is to visit Barry and Ginny,whether I need anything or not.I hope that doesn't change anytime soon.Get well Barry,us Ohio guys need you for parts,inspiration,and entertainment.:D

9. Kelly Burns

Kelly Burns

I hope you had a Merry Christmas!

10. Any update one how Barry is doing?

Well I hope....

JH

11. metal man

metal man

I won't post anything I've heard about his condition because it is not my place to do so. Anybody have any good Lobeck stories?Barry is the only person I ever saw pull down his pants to pull up his socks.....

12. ratfink56

ratfink56

hilarious!

13. Butch/1

Butch/1
    from Dublin ,Va

That sounds like something he would do.

14. cabriolethiboy

cabriolethiboy

A long time ago he brought his 29 Delivery over for a hood and left it for about 6 weeks. He told me to go ahead and drive it and treat it like it was mine.. I didn't drive except for once, after that I built my own delivery (32). It got me hooked on sedan deliverys. I don't know if the car is still around, later it had "Wicked Express" lettered on the side. If someone has a pic of it please post it. It is still one of my favorites.

15. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Barry is the only person I ever saw pull down his pants to pull up his socks.....

Well, and all of this time I thought that I was the onlyiest one that did that.

B:eek:B

16. swbatt

swbatt

I don't know you Barry and am not familiar with your work, but it is abundantly clear you are a well loved man. May God Bless you and continue to hold you.
    Junior

17. Hope all goes well for Mr Lobeck (respect) in '11.I remember he brought a low red deuce to one of the Nationals,before he had his shop.It caused such a fuss you knew the guy was good!Didn,t Rodders Journal do a good interview on him;his pride in the Ohio look was obvious, lowness and plain hood panels,being a must.? :cool:

18. Old Rod

Old Rod
    from Brazil, IN

Steve, No pics however car is in Terre Haute. Been here for number
    of years. Happy New Year to you and I wish the best for Barry. Bob

19. NorthBayArea

NorthBayArea
    from Smyrna, DE

I'd love to see some shots of the 29 delivery too!
    Big fan of that one.
    -Dan

20. Kelly Burns

Kelly Burns

Happy New Year Barry!

21. gkgeiger

gkgeiger

What a sad day.

22. LOWCAB

LOWCAB
    from Houston

Rest in peace Barry

23. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

Oh Dear RIP Barry from your friends at LimeWorks
    All our thoughts are with your family & friends

24. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

25. matt73

matt73
    from va

Sad!! Loss for words.

26. That's very sad news. Rest in peace, Barry.

He was one of my all-time favorite rod builders. We've been losing some real legends in the past few months.

27. ohiohotrods

ohiohotrods

t is with deep sadness today that longtime friend and fellow hotrodder extrordinaire barry lobeck passed away at 1:00 pm today. may he rest in peace

28. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Such a great and generous friend. He gave a lifetime of memories to sooo many of us! Changed the landscape of hot rods forever with his vision being a major part of the "Ohio Look". RIP good friend, Jim

29. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Sad news indeed. If you've never seen upclose the work that Barry & his Crew did, you surely missed "perfection" !

The work that was done on Sam Magarino's '32 Roadster that won about every award there was when it was shown, including the "Go For The Gold" Prize at Starbird's Tulsa Show in 2008 where I saw it, was just spectacular.

When I talked to Donna Starbird last week she said Barry was really in bad shape, and that they were praying for him.

Many don't remember this, but about 8-10 years ago Barry was in very ill, and almost didn't make it, but thank God pulled through. This time, sadly,that didn't happen.

My prayers go out to all of his family & friends.

Jonnie King