Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rosie the Riveter

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by eaglebeak, Dec 30, 2010.

1. studeboy

studeboy

Sad news. I'm sure I will here the UAW's take on the story when I get back to work on Monday.

2. screwball

screwball

My father joined the war effort at 15 in 1945 he was to young to go over seas so they sent him to Camp Seebee Alberta as a prison guard for German officers. My uncle was in both Europe and was wounded and sent home. Once he recovered he re upped and went to the Pacific where he was also machine gunned through the stomach and survived that one as well. HE was though man and became a prison guard in our high security system until he retired in the 70s.

3. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

My mom's oldest sister was welding ships in Houston throughout the war. Their older brother was overseas, serving in both theaters by the time it all ended. My mom was 10 when Pearl Harbor was attacked. My grandfather worked himself to death in the oil fields of East Texas, raising my mom and her younger sisters in a tent city in Kilgore during the war.

"Rosie" was a strong message that most of us, too young to remember, will never understand. These days, we go to war and the majority of our citizens sit in judgment, watching it all unfold on the TV news. The model, artist, publisher, they are all heros, adding what they did to the fight. They have my admiration.

4. Bill.S

Bill.S
    from NW OH

One of my favorites was Josie Lucille Owens, she was a welder in the Kaiser Shipyards, Richmond, California during World War II.

[​IMG]

5. eaglebeak

eaglebeak

While we're on the subject of WWll, do a search on "Camp X"
    Secret place in Ontario where they trained the US version of Commandos among other things.

6. screwball

screwball

cool we worked together on all kinds of parts to defeat the Nazis.

7. The Greatest Generation were just that but are now often portrayed as heroes. The truth is, most of the GG would say that the real heroes are the ones who never came home.

This Generation did what they had to do had what they felt it was THEIR duty to do - I wonder how many today would sacrifice as much ?

We had our "Rosies" too in our plants during the Big One.

God Bless every one of them.

Rat

8. moefuzz

moefuzz

[​IMG].

who's who?
    [​IMG]

Veronica Foster

Last edited: Jan 1, 2011