Register now to get rid of these ads!

2g rochester parts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bodymanmp, Dec 28, 2010.

1. bodymanmp

bodymanmp

where is the best place to buy extended shafts and the thicker butterflies for 2 g rochester carbs???i want to do the carbs myself,also who sells the best parts for these carbs??doing a 3x2 set up,sbc

2. fms427

fms427

Sppedway sells a kit of bases(including shafts),jets,etc. Somewhat pricey ($330?) , but looks complete. That is only place I know of.

3. chrisntx

chrisntx
    from Texas .

avoid charley price

4. donnie gt

donnie gt

just bought mine from speedway, under $200.00 bucks! with throttle linkage!

5. 3x2rocket

3x2rocket

6. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yeah I wanted to do my own too. I called Vintage Speed and Charlie was very helpful in explaining the process of seating the thicker butterflies so that they seal. He does the ones that you buy from Speedway. He sold me everything to complete a tripower system. There is more to it than just extended shafts but it's pretty easy. He wanted to sell me his bases like any business man but after a few minutes he told me what I needed.

There seem to be a few people that have had a bad experience with Charlie (or his wife?) but he was always very helpful to me. (I did have to get past his wife to talk to him directly but once I got to him he couldn't have been any nicer.) He explained what I had to do once I got the parts. All the parts came in a timely manner.

I did a post on converting the carbs a few years ago when I did mine. It's in the archives somewhere. I really found it rewarding and I can say I did it myself.

There are other people here that probably sell the same parts. They may be better but all I can do is speak about my personal experience. If I ever do another set, I'll call Vintage Speed again. Others will disagree.

7. Reds 29

Reds 29

I had good luck with Vintage Speed, he helped me alot, explaining what I needed to do and getting the right parts to me in a timely manner. His web site was also very helpful. I know others have had problems with him. He even said to me that he doesn't answer the phone on some days, just to get something done, other than answer the phone. He said he was real busy in the early spring because everyone wants their set-up done then. I contacted him in January and he had time to talk to me on the phone, and get the parts I needed to me.
    Red

8. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

9. bodymanmp

bodymanmp

10. seventhirteen

seventhirteen
    from dago, ca

I used vintage speed parts, they are the parts speedway sells, I had no problems your mileage may vary.

11. He told you to use SKIPPY on your carbs ?!?!?!?! :D

12. Charlie wasgrate to deal with
    i talked to his wife several times and was not a problem
    got all my 94 Holley parts there