Register now to get rid of these ads!

You be the judge

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by joee, Dec 30, 2010.

1. joee

joee

Here's pics of a "very good" hood i bought from salsexpress.(sal lentini from los cruces,nm)...you be the judge did i get screwed or am i unreasonable ? Good old sal says "file a claim,that's what insurance is for" .....to turn junk to gold.i ask ?????????

Attached Files:

2. I got my Imperial from Sal........runs good so far. You got burned here if you ask me. That sucks he's not willing to stand behind it. I actually have two old trucks on my property right now that belong to him after we made a trade. Later he asked me to chop them apart so they can fit on a trailer(wasn't our original deal either) After seein' him burn a Hamber makes me want to tell him to do it himself.

3. Don't know what you paid, what you saw of it before buying, or what you expected so i can't say if you got screwed, But I can say from the pics that it sure doesn't look like an insurance problem to me!

4. Billa212

Billa212
    from Milwaukee

Doesn't seem "very good" to me...mho

5. screwball

screwball

Thats why if I cant find what I need in person I will do with out. To many jerks in the hobby now just looking for $$.

6. Maybe tell Ryan to add him to the list of crappy sellers/buyers

7. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

Did the pictures of it look like that before you bought it?
    Different people judge stuff different. I have sold body parts I thought were pretty rusty and had the buyer tickled with them and sold better stuff to other buyers that squealed like a pig stuck in the fence. That hood looks pretty sad.

8. Cymro

Cymro

Dare one ask how much $$$$$$ before making a judgement as the hood obviuously requires a fair bit of work, which could be expensive!!!!!!!

9. what was the price?....was "needs a lot of work to make fit and look good" - part of the "very good hood" spill?

10. pastlane

pastlane

Insurance isn't going to help anyone here...

Did you buy it sight unseen and did the price reflect the condition?

11. joee

joee

pic of the hood sure as hell didn't look like my pics. i only paid 50 for the hood but also 45 for shipping because it was a "good hood". we all know it's not the money it's a matter of being decent with ur fellow man.........

12. joee

joee

50 was for the hood top only no sides

13. Personally I wouldn't expect much for $50. That should have been your first clue. Did you get pics? If not that should have been your second clue. All I can say is save it for patch material or sell it to somebody building one of those cars not liked here. Then go back on the hunt and find a decent hood. Get lots of pics before purchasing and good luck. Be prepared to pay up for what you want.

14. flatford39

flatford39

I don't know all the details of the transaction. All I know is that you are taking up bandwidth here with your multiple posts of how you got screwed. I am not trying to support the seller here at all but you bought a 30 31 hood for your 28 29 project.

I think you need to educate yourself a little more about the parts you are purchasing.

15. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

this picture doesnt show a very good hood to me ? some times you win some times you lose i got a tail gate for $50 was in such poor shape it almost disinegrated when i removed it from the box , wasnt worth shipping back , sucks

16. thewishartkid

thewishartkid

Looks like the wrong year to me. Did he sell it to you as 28-29?

17. Checkerwagon

Checkerwagon

As a bit of a qualifier, I was in the auto salvage business for a number of years. With a bit of real life experience, I would qualify that hood as "rough" at best. It doesn't matter how much you paid, how many posts you have or where (in the states) you happen to live.
    That hood was rough for a number of years before it met the UPS man.

18. beauishere

beauishere

That is not a "very good' hood. But you're in for less than a hundo for a piece of real Henry Ford steel. I've had people give me more than that for shit I cut off my coupe to replace.

I don't think you were screwed but I probably wouldn't buy anything else from him. Good luck and get to work!

19. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

20. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's all perspective.... Where I come from, that is a damn fine piece of sheetmetal, particularly for 50 bucks. Maybe that guy will start a thread about how YOU screwed HIM??

But, that is only my point of view....I drag home some pretty nasty old Ford parts, so maybe I don't expect much.

-Abone.

21. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd be embarrased to give that piece to some one to cut patch panels out of myself.

22. lorodz

lorodz

file a claim .....than add 150 to that 50 and get a better hood

23. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Some people do think that hood is in good shape because of age...I think he should of been more up front with you about rot and stuff ...If he's a carguy he would know.50 is a great price for a hood though I see guys getting 200 for just the top ,Id resell it and and look for another ................

24. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

may'be he mean't it was "a very good hood for $50.00" ?

25. brad chevy

brad chevy

$50 for a hood and you got a $50 hood,save it for parts and buy a descent one at $200 to $300 and you"ll probably get what you expected for $50. You got any pics of what he told you he had ,sure would back up the claim of being screwed.

26. Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
  27. Did he buy you dinner first?

28. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Me too, Abone.

Tell the seller he should be a little more sharp on his descriptions and take better pics. Then, get out your hammer and dolly and get to work. You coulda had that thing halfway straight in the time it took to post this...

29. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

Most of my education cost me a lot more than that. Suck it up and move on. You will be smarter next time.

30. joee

joee

Who said anything about a 30-31 hood ???? U gave your self away....sal