Register now to get rid of these ads!

Atomic Punk at Barrett-Jackson

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KK Hickey Designs, Dec 30, 2010.

1. KK Hickey Designs

KK Hickey Designs

2. He sold it

3. Gerg

Gerg

plowboy doesn't own it anymore hope the person that buys it doesn't screw it up

4. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

As I remember it was sold to a guy in Tx and caught it fire. Burned in the area rear of the engine and cowl. It required a total repaint I think along with repairs to wiring and such.

5. alwayzarat

alwayzarat

That is what I had heard too. I din't even think it still existed, obviously it has been repaired?

6. hotrodihc

hotrodihc
    from London Ont

plowboy sold it on ebay about 1 1/2 ago.

7. KK Hickey Designs

KK Hickey Designs

Tman, I saw that but didn't think anything of it since it didn't say sold or anything in the thread title...My mistake. What's funny is I actually posted in the thread but all I could remember is it having a fire, not him selling it.

8. Motorbreath

Motorbreath

Whats sad is the description doesnt give credit to plowboy for building it, only name is for interior.

9. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

As a fan of Plowboys work, I follow the Punk pretty close. Aaron sold the Punk to a guy in Dallas months ago. It did not sell on ebay. It did catch on fire and was repaired. That owner sold it to Gas Monkey Garage, who flipped it to Dennis Collins in Dallas, who owns a Jeep dealership. I believe he is the current caretaker of the Atomic Punk. But it would be much happier in my garage setting next to the Lunar Lander.

Doc.

10. Church

Church
    from South Bay

If anyone needs that thing Doc.... it's you. I'll take Cherry Pie off your hands so you can make extra room for the Punk. hahaha.

11. caseyscustoms

caseyscustoms
    BANNED
    from st.joe, MO

do it.
    p.s. your the man.

12. ryno

ryno

so will i see you at Barrett then?
    ill be working there. i have some az connections if your serious, storage transpo, etc...

13. missysdad1

missysdad1

I saw it here in Texas about three weeks ago, at the House of Hot Rods in Mansfield, TX, being restored. Very little evidence of the fire remains, but the car was still partially disassembled. Starting to show its age, as all show-type cars eventually do, but still alive and almost well. It was a pleasure to see it in person.

14. Bull

Bull

It's age? The car was just finished a couple years ago . . . :confused:

15. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

All the write up on the BJ site and no mention of Aaron, the person that actually built the car. That's odd.

Well we know one thing, being at BJ means it will have a new home. (well, that's what they want you to believe that their 'NO reserve' sales ;) :D)

16. That sucks not giving credit where credit is due. Guess that happens once a car begins to change hands.
    There is enough documentation on the car that Aaron will always be the guy with the vision who built the Punk.
    As far as a show car showing it's age. A car will age whether it sits in a garage or gets hammered every weekend on the road. The biggest thing that will make a car age is when the original builder is no longer the caretaker

Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
  17. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

Thats a Sweet car.. I remember the watching the video like most of you guys of Plowboy driving it.. pretty cool piece..

18. LiL' NiCk

LiL' NiCk

Wow. interesting. I hope the atmoic punk goes to a deserving owner. Hey church or Doc,,,do you have a pic of "cherry Pie" that I could see, I've always wanred to see the final result! Thanx -LIL NiCk

19. SoCal Merc

SoCal Merc
    from SoCal

Church,
    I'll take "Vango' off your hands so you'll have room for Cherry Pie!

20. Plowboy

Plowboy

Interesting. This is the first I have heard about it. After the auction it will have had 5 owners in less than a year! HA HA That car is in much better hands than if I still owned it. I tore it up from day one. If I still owned it I would have parted it out and used everything in my '34.

I will be watching it on TV just like everyone else I guess. I hope Doc goes there to buy it and it goes dirt cheap!

21. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Same with my old '26 Roadster The Hussy! It seems like that thing can't find a home anywhere! Not at all saying that the Hussy is even in the same ballpark of the AP but it seems like cars that are not practical only can be kept by the die hards and the wealthy!

22. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Far as I'm concerned, I'll always think of the punk as Plowboy's car. That eBay questions and answers session nearly killed me!
    Paul

23. caseyscustoms

caseyscustoms
    BANNED
    from st.joe, MO

'

i remeber those. they were amazing.

24. Cshabang

Cshabang

THERES A LINE FOR VANGO..and it starts behind me..haha

25. -Brent-

-Brent-

Those pictures are TERRIBLE! There's no playmates in it or a blurry-eyed bearded man using it to prop himself up at Hefs. :D Not even a snow globe photo... tisk tist Barret Jackson. :D

26. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

Dennis Collins is the current owner (nice guy).

I know for a fact that the cars builder (Plowboy) will be getting the deserved credit in the promotion of the car. Everybody is just excited about the car at Barrett and the real promotion of it has not really begun.

Killer car, should be fun to watch on TV.

I heard a rumor that it will be a fantasy bid car also...that would be real interesting.

This should be great for Aaron, I think they will be really putting his name out there on this.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
  27. Toner283

Toner283

Hopefully it will be a friday or saturday sale car. that way it will be televised for sure for those of us who are too far away & too poor to go see it in person.

Hope the new owner treats it with the respect it deserves, I always thought it was a really cool car.

28. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

Pretty sure it is a Saturday evening car and will be on TV, don't hold me to it.

I know Dennis has already spoken to them about Aaron's name being left off the info already.

29. KK Hickey Designs

KK Hickey Designs

It just occoured to me that they post the vin number on the sales page....Someone wanna CarFax that sucker? I'd love to see the results. :p