Register now to get rid of these ads!

50 Chevy or Ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldskool., Dec 29, 2010.

1. oldskool.

oldskool.
    from florida

Hey Hammers,
    FNG checking in. I really like this site, so much knowledge that you cant get anywhere else.I havnt posted for awhile so I thought I would tell you about my newest barn find and ask for some advice. Its a super rare third owner first year totally restorable 50 Chevy Bel Air hardtop with all the options!! Skirts, visor, radio,the optional big oil pressure motor and power transmission, totally original!!!
    The guy I bought it from told me he just rebuilt the motor. Its a 350 4 bolted completly bored out with the big block heads. The grandmother boughtit new and it was passed down to the son then the grandson. It has the aluminum hyper-formance forged steel connector rods with glassbeads on the pistons for faster cooling. It even has the original dual 4 barrow fuel injected harley carb on with a high rise and cannon air filter. He said the ignighter came with high intensity wires and dual pionted plugs. It also has 2 1/2 rammers for exhaust.
    This is all backed up with the option forestroke transmission. He left the torquedrive but adjusted the limited slip rear to a full locker with 4- 11 inch gears.
    The car runs great but its in the 8s. I really want to do better than this as it costs just as much as I make to drive it to work. My cousin is a compueter programmer and he says if we put a chip in it he can program the chip to make it have more miles. He says with the chip I can keep the adjustable timing camshaft and compession modulator and nobody can tell because they are hidden by the motor covers. I will get back to that later. I think I can adjust the links from straight to progresion so each barrow opens up as I shift so they will only be all open in 4th gear. My sisters VW runs in the 30s on deisel so between that and the chip I can probly do better than the 8s.
    So hear is my problem. The a++hole dealer wont sell me the chip. Not even a blank one that my cousin can program. He says that Chevys never had chips. Hell all cars have chips in them. So what I am asking you guys is where can I get one. I dont want any befoer or after market chip as I want to keep this car ORIGINAL!!!! I need it by next week because thats when my cousin is coming over.
    now I read all the threats and know you guys dont really like small block chevys but this is the original optional big block. My nextstoreneighbor has some Ford motor covers he will give me for nothing that he took off his car. Will they fit. Then when I take my car to shows people will think it has a Ford in it. Then I can take them off if I sell the car and it will still be original!!
    What do you guys think? I mean about the motor covers.

2. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

go the fuck away.

3. shoebox50

shoebox50

4. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

sounds like you choked on your own foreskin and lost too much oxygen to your brain

5. 2-TONED

2-TONED

sounds KOOL!!! got any pics? yep ford covers fit a chevy perfectly do it!

6. Kail

Kail
    from Austin, TX

Are you and your "nextstoreneighbor" huffing paint?

7. 49 lincoln

49 lincoln
    from reno

8. chaddilac

chaddilac

3WLarry!! will you quit jacking with everyone... sign out and sign back in with your real name!!!

9. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

SBC with BBC heads...never thought of that:confused:

10. belair

belair

Didn't this guy want to build a belly tank a few years ago?

11. moefuzz

moefuzz

I would take all the money you earned from selling crack and invest it in the nicest donk you can find.

Failing that I would move back to central Mongolia with your sister-mother where you can raise half breed children in peace. (I here that's where they make the best forestroke transmissions and compession modulators).

12. Pharouh

Pharouh

I want one of those dual four barrow fuel injected Harley carbs!

:cool:

13. oldskool.

oldskool.
    from florida

hey guys.
    I just spent 2 hours on the HAMB reading a thread about the most absurd story anybody has heard about cars. I was ROTFLMFAO!!!!!! I just wanted to have the most absurd story I guess yall dont have my sick sense of humor.No offemse to the blue oval. Next post will be real.

14. I think motor covers are great...

15. Ebert

Ebert

I always wanted one of those "dual 4 barrow fuel injected harley carb" deals...yikes.

16. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

oldskool - I figured we were getting our chains yanked....you did a good job on the silliness, and you might have pulled it off but for the punctuation. You actually ended each sentence with a period, used commas where appropriate, so...next time, try running on...max of two sentences per large paragraph ought to do it.

dj

17. oldskool.

oldskool.
    from florida

Cant ya take a fng joke. I thought you guys might like something to break up your day. Find the thread Im talking about.

18. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I thought it was fairly creative. I bet there are people who would read that and almost think it made sense.

19. chillywilly

chillywilly

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA now that's funny

20. henry29

henry29

21. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

the crap thier teaching kids these days ...sheez!

22. burnout2614

burnout2614

I know this to be true cause my ex-girlfriends ex-boyfriends baby's mama's grandmama dated the inventor of 4 barrow coporators! peace

23. The Mandrill

The Mandrill
    from Tulsa

.... before or after marketchip. Halarious

24. metal man

metal man

I knew I was being yanked at "aluminum hyper-formance forged steel connector rods".Thanks for the laugh.

25. I would recommend shaving 40 thou off the ignition key, lowering the ashtray and installing twin overhead fox tails,..always works for me and should get you sub 8's

26. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

27. slackers

slackers
    from colorado

you know what makes me sad ? YOU DO, YA JACK WAGON !!!!

28. edweird

edweird

Are you from mamsy pamsy land?