Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old NM Junk Yard about to crush!!!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Bruce Gross, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Bruce Gross

Bruce Gross

Noth 54 Salvage in Alamagordo NM is about to crush LOTS of OLD 40's-60's cars if they don't sell for about $1000 each (no minimum quantities). 7066 US Hwy 54-70, Alamagordo NM 88310. 1-800-624-4941. I was just there and took about 100 pictures-you need to check them out!!!

Attached Files:

2. Please post this on the main page of the H.A.M.B. Message board. More people will see it there , and these should be saved .................as many as possible. Got to keep them away from the MONSTER MASHER who will then send the metal to China. Enough is Enough!!!
    welcome to the H.A.M.B.

firstnomad
    www.angelfire.com/jazz/flatlandstudio

3. Welcome to the h.a.m.b

4. hello thanks for posting this info

5. 37mj

37mj

hey man ,just posted this info on the aaca site

6. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

Sell for a 1000 or crush? How much is a crushed car worth today? It seems like somebody is trying to drum up some sales.....

7. screwball

screwball

Go ahead and crush them. Greed is killing this hobby every day. Send them to China so we can buy them back at wall-mart as hot wheels. Pretty soon thats going to be all thats left of the hobby for the working guy hot wheels and destroyed dreams. Oh welcome I guess.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2010
  8. welcome to the HAMB..I dont see your introduction however...
    Read the "Sticky" at the top of this page and tell us about yourself....

9. Welcome but yes post this on the main forum area and tell us about yourself here in this area.

10. bigdav160

bigdav160

Welcome, I think.....

I did find a large yard in Alamogordo on Google maps. I love that part of New Mexico.

From the street view it looks like the property is chained up. We need more info :)

Map-Street View

11. Sounds about right to me, you buy in quantity for scrap you get a discount. You buy one at a time, can't spear it with a forklift to load it, and complain because it's missing this or that or the other thing, it's going to cost more. I'm sure there's stuff that can be had that $1000 on is still a bargain - any 50's ragtop for instance -

12. snap too

snap too
    from lost wages

Thanks for the info --dam it crushes my heart and hope someone can get some beauties to save ! I took a cattycorner trip thru the land of enchantment a few years back and was drooling over some of the cars and old gas stations throughout the state. My cuz and I drove ranch/sectionline roads near Clayton ,NM looking for treasures and found a gentleman that lived in town that stated he'd just about cleaned all the "T" and "A-bone" for a fifty mile radius, thankfully he was also a restorer and had save many.

13. oldman2

oldman2

Welcome and thanks for the info.

14. al8apex

al8apex

15. Come on give him a little slack. He's a guy who cared enough to post this info for guys like you to have raw materials for the future. Some things are more important than telling your life story first!

16. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

glad he posted i hope some one with deep pockets can save a bunch of them ,scrappers are offering $150 for a complete car up here , i dont have enough spare money to buy a tire , greed has killed this once great county , not gonna break out the violin , but what ever happens... happens

17. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Wow, what a waste

18. metalman

metalman

I know the guy and have a hard time believing he's going to crush his old stuff unless something drastic has changed since I talked to him last. Guess I better give him a call and see what's up. The yard does have tons of good parts and some of the cars could be builders.

19. mystarcollectorcar.com

mystarcollectorcar.com