Register now to get rid of these ads!

So theres a knock at my door....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jay, Jan 6, 2004.

1. jonny o

jonny o

That's friggin' good man!

No one cares (including most hambers) about the forgotten chevelles, daily drivers or not.

But believe it or not... someone yelled window to window at a stoplight how much he liked my '57 Chevy.

I WAS DRIVING A '76 MALIBU!

2. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

The same turkeys call a 55 chev a shoebox.

3. S.F.

S.F.

69-75 Novas are different?

4. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

Great thread - lotsa laffs! Kid I know used to work for GM in the finance dept. (GMAC?) and this east Indian guy calls him about a warrantee problem with his 1980 something GOOLEEY. After about 100 questions he figured out it was really a Pontiac 600LE.

5. Mercmad

Mercmad
    BANNED
    from Brisvegas

my brothers ex wife bought their daughter a car..a mitsubishi Galah she said.

[​IMG]
    It was missing a few letters off the back,it's a Galant actually.
    In OZ a Galah is name of a pink parrot but it's also slang for dickhead and my brothers Ex.

6. lil red fifty

lil red fifty

I was at a gas station in my 1950 GMC a guy pulls up and says man I really like your truck. I said thanks. He said my dad had one just like it. He paused for a second then said what is it?

7. Holy cow, this thread is 7 years old

8. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

Who does that??? Search for "knock at my door"? :rolleyes:

9. 4dFord/SC

4dFord/SC

Has Amelia Earhart finally returned?

10. Hahahaha

11. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

Friend of mine(Mike) was at a car show with his black 63 SS. A kid ('bout 16 or so) came up tp mioke and said " my dad had one just like that, only it was red and a 6 cyl station wagon.:

12. Darn, I've been trying to sell my '66 Studebaker Daytona for years. If I'd known all it needed was fins, I could have unloaded to some wise-ass New Mexican. Actually, I get "what is it?" all the time. Since it was built in Canada, I tell 'em it's a '66 Lexus. Seems to work.....

Attached Files:

13. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

Think I've related this story before. I was in Lewiston, ID visiting friends in my 65 Excalibur (12th one made - still on Stude frame with disc brakes). We were walking out of a restaurant when some guy tells me he had one "just like it" back in the 50s. I advised him that these cars were fairly recently manufactured, and he proceeded to describe his MG TD to me...and how mine was also an MG....you guys know the MG model he had...large stainless pipes coming out of the side of the hood to sidepipes along the bottom of the body...a big pseudo-Mercedes grille on the front with a sword instead of the tri-star...engine-turned dash with Hawk gauges...THAT MG...yeah. I gave up after about five minutes - my two buddies were busting a gut, as I am not known to suffer fools willingly or for any extended time periods. I started the car, which resulted in the well-known sound of a Chevy V8, and left him standing there, still convinced he used to rip around the countryside in an MG..."just like that".

dj

14. 46mercury

46mercury
    from livonia MI

When I towed cars I got lots of people who tried to sell me the car I was towing. One guy insisted his Jag was a V-12 even though I counted the six spark plugs out loud. And there were a whole bunch of people who did not know the make of the car they were driving. Unbelievable

15. Old Gold

Old Gold

Ot but I had lady stop by the yard asking for some parts for a late model "goolie". I said a what?
    She kept saying a goolie, I looked out the window, It was a 6000LE

16. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

I was told my 53'ford was an "overdrive" because of the script on the back end. I guess at least my car enthusiast could read.

17. When I was 16 I bought a 48 Dodge Convertible that had been built in California and was on the show circuit. Pretty radical car, carson top, Edsel Grill, 59 Chevy quad headlights, 56 Vette Taillights, 55 Pontiac Bumpers. Still belongs to a HAMBER in the east coast ( Hi Steve!) Anyway, I take it to the Canadian Nationals in 1986 and sitting on the ground next to it while eating cheese and pepperoni with Ed "Big Daddy" Roth we hear two older guys walk up and say , yup my neighbour had a 48 Edsel Convertible the very same. Hadn't seen one in years! No shit buddy!!!!

18. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

So a couple of days ago, my girl set me to get wine. I decided to drive my 35 ford. Just down the street from my house the throttle linkage comes apart. As im getting out, some drunk old guy starts yelling at me "come here park it in my driveway" I knew i was in for trouble. I decided since its like a day before christamas ill just ignore him. I get to work and he comes up and asks "what is it?" I tell him a ford. Then he says " is it a 36 37 38 39?" I say no its a 35. He tehn asks if its chopped. I answer yes. Then as im trying to hook up the throttle down by the pedals, he asks "hey we can just start it with a screwdriver on the sylonoid. I told him "or i could jsut use the key" This is when he asks whats wrong with it. This is when i finnally fixed it and just got in and drove away. I hate being asked repeted questions, talk to me dont interegate me.

19. jefscoupe

jefscoupe

I get the "nice Nomad" all the time with my 55 Handyman. :rolleyes:

20. The Mandrill

The Mandrill
    from Tulsa

The correct response is always "Yes, yes sir it is. What would you like to pay me for that 57 Chevrolet today?"

21. The Mandrill

The Mandrill
    from Tulsa

Did she need a 710 cap also? Ya know, the cap you remove when putting fluid in the engine?

22. mj40's

mj40's

Then you get the people that like to screw with you and put Ford script valve covers on a Chevy motor. Here is my Forte Ford. Those emblems have been on the front and rear and have had no one comment yet.

Attached Files: