Register now to get rid of these ads!

aussie hambers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by thommoina33, Dec 22, 2010.

1. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

human fly and 390 cad,thanks for the offers of help.we really do need a good working group to make this happen.
    i'm probably more inclined to include the reliability runner moniker,but that's something to be debated/discussed along with including coupes.

2. zomb1e

zomb1e

id be keen to help too!

and i think KOOL52 is spot on

3. There is a moonshine run up here already. And likewise, there is nothing to do with moonshine as such, it's just a bit (street rodder) corny - no pun intended!

4. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

I agree, with what's been said, invitational, so what if it's only roadsters, maybe coupes too if ya decide... So often success is measured by the number of entries. I disagree, large numbers can put a brake on what works well with a small crowd. If by having limited numbers it inspires others to organise a more inclusive event, win - win. Chopped was a great week end, 12 months is a long time to wait between drinks! There's a small bitumen race track up here with a 1/8 mile drag strip, with only gum tree's for grand stands and pit shade, Also another dirt track both of which would be (I reckon) a good place for a small doo. I certaily don't have anything going that qualifies, but I reckon this would work. Would traditional chop's/bob's be a no go?

5. yblock32

yblock32
    from Australia
    1. Cranksters

Sounds like the makings of a great event . There'd be a few up this way that'd like to take part !

6. John in Oz

John in Oz

Shame I'm so far away, it sounds like a good run, is it for roadsters or open cars only ???

7. bates

bates

Sounds like a great idea, happy to help out on the day or in the organising leading up to it

8. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

I know you are working on invite only and I did make a comment earlier but for those of us that may not qualify, what about help on the day ? or so people can come and see the event ?

9. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Thanks for the offers to help out with this event.

I'll take a list of names, and contact you all as to the goings on.

There are spectators at the start of the PRC RR, so it's been done before.

10. I had a lot of spare time due to the rain so I knocked these up.

Every Reliability Run needs a brass participant tag.
    [​IMG]

& T shirt
    [​IMG]

11. edweird

edweird

I'm not an aussie, but last night i watched crocadile dundee 1 and 2. I sure would like to go there some day. You guys are pretty damn cool !! Gaday mate !

12. Whatya mean your not an Aussie ed , it is our constitution that if you sit and watch both Dundee 1 & 2 is succession you become an instant Aussie Citizen , not just get a small boat and head our way :D:D Too Cool !!!!!

13. Oh , and put me down to help as I have a coupe so can't enter :D no Seriously put me on the list , I would like to see this work so I will be in as a helper ....

Cad

14. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Jamie

That's fantastic!!!

What about one for the fictitious club "River City Coupe and Roadster Club"???

Running the event under this name would mean coupes and roadsters are the participants;)

15. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

as stovebolt said,jimmy that is some brilliant artwork,i think now that you have been officialy drafted as artist in residence and official
    historian:).

The offers of help is truly gratefull,i can't see a problem of an informal
    parking area for non entrants(hamb friendly cars)at the start of the run,i think it will only add to the atmoshpere.

To all our american hambers,you've got 12 months to plan your holiday downunder.
    thommo.

16. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

p.s,i really like ''river city coupe and roadster club''

17. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

I've been hanging onto that idea for a couple of years now, specifically for this type of run :D

18. This sounds like the beginings of a great outing.
    Some of us have driven further for 'lesser' events.
    'Always looking for more interstate Hot Rod adventures.
    CM

19. The interpretation of 'HAMB friendly' is a mile wide. Glad I won't be on the gate policing that one!

Good work Jimmy, I like the tag.

20. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

It's easy to police the gate when it's an invitational event , as only those with an invitation can partake in the event. Depending on the thoughts of the organizing committee, other may be able to tag along, but won't have the full rundown of the event, and the final destination like the entrants.
    The important thing in this regard is to maintain the integrity of the event

Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
  21. 63Compact

63Compact

Just a though why not involve restorers and historic racers? Roadsters only would be cool but why not make it a topless event and hope Melbournes fickle weather holds out. Keeps a theme and involves more body styles.

22. Stovebolt, I was talking about the 'HAMB friendly ' carpark. :rolleyes:

Re. the invites. How about if all invitees who accept get mailed a tag or special document that they have to show up with to participate as well? May help eliminate blow-in arguments and will also help cross check the right car with the invited owner.

23. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

The problem then Jason is the event may get bigger and harder to run. Many old racers are on H Permit so another thing would be required is club sanction. Best left as HAMB friendly invites :).

24. garth slater

garth slater
    from Melbourne

I will volunteer to help as I am roadsterless but would love to be involved

25. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Thanks Garth

I'll go through this thread closer to the time of the get-together and notify everyone of the "meeting"

Those who offerred their assistance will also be notified

26. Sound good Mark....

Keep us in the loop - lookin' forward to getting some kinda ball rollin' !

Rat

27. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

happy new year to eveyone, well headed to mornington for the new years day show,great day,reall good to meet stovebolt(mark) and compact(jason).
    i was'nt really that warm to the idea of having stockers to the run as mentioned by compact,but after seeing a beautiful stock 32 roadster i have to say that a sprinkling of stockers and/or specials could only add to the event,this is something to be debated and discussed.

regarding first meeting date,i was looking at weekend after aust day,
    just a thought though,if interstate/rural hambers are heading to town for the melb rod show is it worth bringing date forward to long weekend.
    let me know what you think,
    cheers,thommo.

28. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Mark

It was great to meet up with you both yesterday.

Re Australia Day - I wonder is the ASRF would give out 2 sanctions for the one day???

29. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

mark,sorry,just meant our first organizing/commitee meeting on that weekend.

30. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

I'd be a silly Billy ;)