Register now to get rid of these ads!

pearsonville salvage yard?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 52phantom, Jul 30, 2004.

1. 52phantom

52phantom
    from socal

Has anybody been to the salvage yard in pearsonville, where the 14 and 395 meet out near mojave? I've driven by it many times and I'm thinking of making a trip out there to see what they have laying around.If anyone's been there let me know if it is worth the trip.
    Thanks

2. He has alot of stuff there, all old stuff. He's usually an asshole, depending on what kind of day you get him on.
    There are no walkabout tours there. If you dont have a specific part in mind, you dont get in. And if he feels like it he may take you to the car, or may tell you to come back another day.
    Then he wont pull your part the same day either, unless his help is up there.
    His attitude is he doesnt have to sell anything. He is filthy rich. He could give a shit if you buy a part. Its the same price perfect or damaged.
    Needless to say, I'm not a member of his fan club. Spend your time elsewhere.

65COMET likes this.
  3. prime mover

prime mover

I agree with all that but if they have it and you need it what can you do?

65COMET likes this.
  4. KiwiKitz

KiwiKitz

Old thread, but I'm really interested in what happened to this yard?
    I see the owner passed away and I take it his fine taste in American History was raped and pillaged?
    People now say it is abandoned?

5. Jay71

Jay71

Had some buddies sneek in there a few months ago. Nobody around and still lots of good stuff there. They took a few pics of some Edsels, mid 50's Cadis, and Oldsmobiles. Couldnt find anyone around to ask about the cars.

6. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

The pville.com website is still listing cars and parts so i Guess it's in business. Some cool stuff listed there.

Scotty.

7. 65COMET

65COMET

I spent the better part of a day there[after a three hour drive] trying to get them to cut a quarter off of a car that was almost completely stripped.They argued with each other,for hours,never would give me an answer,never got the quarter!!! They used to be a good yard for old stuff and well organized.It is too bad because they had some great old parts! P.S.,I called before I drove up there!ROY.

8. hotrod0317

hotrod0317

Time to dust this off and let you know what I know about this yard. I used to live about 10-15 miles from pearsonville and I tried to get them to sell a complete car I even had 5k cash and they wouldn't budge on that aspect. But the yard had crushed quite a bit of stuff and the yard is fenced off.

The fence does not extend all the way around the yard when you look at the yard in front of you if you go around to the right there is a huge section 150-200 feet where there is no fence you can walk right in to the old race track and there was an old 20's fire truck in there. There is also a group of guys that are playing paintball in there and just damaging the cars even further I ran across them a few times.

But there are allot of stories about the whole situation with the family and all I can say is oldman pearsons kids are not friendly to deal with. They also dont seem to know exactly what they have either I asked about a specific part for something like a 56 ford truck and they said they didnt have any mid 50's ford trucks in their yard at all and seemed kind of insulted when I told them it could be seen from the fence line.

Although this information is 2 years old now and I tried to deal with them for 2 years prior to that while I lived close to them.

9. My guess is the kids are typical desert crack heads and sellling stuff to scrap for instant cash.

65COMET likes this.
  10. B Ramsey

B Ramsey

Whatever they do, it is their property. Shame on you hotrodsomebody, you just invited truckloads of A-holes in there.

11. hotrod0317

hotrod0317

I told them they needed to put a fence up because there were people playing paintball in the yard and damaging their inventory and they did not seem too concerned even had pictures to show them. They did not seem to care and it is a real shame I had gone in a few times just to look to see if there was anything I wanted and it seemed that everything I was asking to buy they weren't going to sell.

I know that not far from there (maybe 1/2 mile) there is a little old garage where cars go in and never come out but they leave with tons of parts seems a little fishy and the people working in that little garage I would not want to mess with. As for letting truckloads of a-holes in there it has already happened the worst part is when you see some of the hard to find glass that has been shot with jawbreakers out of paintball guns in a window.

The tweakers are probably stealing loads of stuff out of there though. Most people around the area already know about the fence but pearsons junkyard will not finish putting up a fence even though they already know what is happening in there.

If you are looking for trucks in the area there is a guy near there named dan he has a train caboose in his yard he has tons of old trucks from when the state built the interconnected highway. he is not far from where 395 and 14 meet his place is on the right he is a pretty cool guy and willing to make deals.

12. hotrodfords

hotrodfords

I had never heard of this place before. I was out at Ridgecrest on business and as I always do when in a new place to me, took a drive around the area. Found the hubcap capital! Came back that evening, google it, and found this thread. The place is still fenced, and there's no apparent entrance. Too bad. Looking in you can see lots of good stuff.

Why do people have to be a$$holes?

13. retromotors

retromotors

The way I figger, God must love 'em, 'cause he made so many of 'em.......!

14. chromeazone

chromeazone

Wow! This thread just came to my attention and I agree with all the comments !
    It has been several years since I was in there and agree that owner(s) was a real turd !
    " No bumper leaves this yard for less than $250, I don't care if it's straight or bent up!" (NO NEGOTIATING !)
    When I told him I wasn't going to pay that much for a bent up POS, it was RIDE OVER, and back to the shop. (I had waited my turn for about 45 minutes.) Lots of "customers" aka sheep waiting.
    I was told that he owns all the yards around Ridgecrest, Mohave, etc.
    I suspect that yard will go like the rest around the desert and San Joaquin Valley. The local county will give an order to move it all and then condem the property and bring in the LA crushers.
    Too bad.... I guess the reason yards think their junk is gold is because there's always guys with Deep Pockets willing to pay it!

15. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

Ah, the creme d'la creme of the junkyard world; desert junkers. High, dry heat and meth don't mix well.

It's sad that every good old wrecking yard seems to follow the same path. The old man is a miserable old drunk that won't sell anything and chases everyone out of his yard at the end of a pipe gun, until he runs out of booze money. Then, he finally sells something so overpriced that only the most desperate of us will buy it.

When he finally kicks off from a rotted liver, the sons take over. They too don't give a rats ass if they sell anything, only because they're so tweaked out of their gourd that they can't sit still long enough to make a sale, not that they have a clue what dad/grandpa had been hoarding all these years.

They're not worried about selling to you because it's all going out the back to the local scrapper. They parcel it off a little at a time to keep themselves loaded. All the while, they and their tweaker buddy's are using the yard for their own personal playground, playing paintball, MMA/WWE or blowing crap up with rigged explosives.

Eventually the local municipality comes in, condemns everything and shreds it down for Chinese toasters.

What a waste. Too many yards gone.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

16. chromeazone

chromeazone

Very eloquently stated from another Valley rodder who has probably seen it all happen.
    I'd be surprised if Turner's up in Fresno is still in biz. They did seem somewhat professional and organized, but all local governments want to "cleanup" the area and will always prevail.
    I say we rise up like the terrors in Mad Max and go get us some precious junk !!!