Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vern Tardel scam?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 50 weight, Dec 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 50 weight

50 weight

My dad ordered and paid for some of vern tardels books thru his website back in June and still hasnt received anything. He tried calling, emailing, and faxing but has never received a reply. I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else? I saw some old posts on here about the same thing but the guy got hammered for it being acouple years old so I thought id post a new one, thanks

2. Probably back ordered, books are not something that you just call the printer and say hey I need 2 more of these.

Vern won't cheat ya. Just keep trying to get ahold of him he'll get back to ya when he can.

3. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

Contact Ryan here on the HAMB, he is tight with vern's son maybe that will help.

4. 41woodie

41woodie

I've never heard anything bad about the Tardel's, the only oddity seems to be that it's best to contact him via fax because he doesn't respond to email/phone. If I hadn't heard anything since June I'd assume that the order got misplaced, never reached him etc. and would stick with trying to make contact via fax until the problem was resolved. Hard to imagine Tardel intentionally shafting anyone.

5. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Vern isn't capable of shafting anyone. He is capable of getting behind and letting customer service slide. I know, that isn't good... But it does happen.

Email: [email protected]

If you don't here back this week, shoot me a pm.

6. 41woodie

41woodie

A scam is an intentional act of fraud. Misplaced/unreceived orders are not. Why don't we reserve judgement until the OP makes contact with VT, hopefully the OP will post a followup that clear up the problem. <!-- attachments -->

7. Chev38

Chev38
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I had an order take longer than it should have taken, they were busy. To make up for it I received an apology and a gift. I wouldn't be too hasty they're really nice folks. Just my 2 cents worth. Wil

8. briggs&strattonChev

briggs&strattonChev

A couple years back I wanted a 2X2 slingshot adapter and I found Vern sells them. I sent an email and got no response. After what was probably a couple weeks, I was foolish enough to just send a money order even though I didnt have any contact and it would have been better judgement to stay away. Probably a week after I sent the money, I got my parts in the mail. Quick service, I would do business there again.

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Also stuff happens when items go though the mail. I found the box of bear claw latches I got from a fellow Hamber in the ditch in the snow in their priority box after the snowplow clobbered my mailbox and threw the mail down the ditch the other day.
    The sender did a great job, the mail did good and the jerkwad snowplow driver thinks my mailbox is a target.

10. 5window

5window

All very,very true. I don't know any of the folks involved and assume everyone is fair and on the up and up. But, the fact remains that if you are going to professionally advertise products for sale,you have a moral obligation to complete the sale to the folks that order your products in a timely manner; especially after having accepted their money. In this case, I do not believe that 50 weight's dad has been fairly, or reasonably,treated.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
  11. 50 weight

50 weight

Thanks for everyones help. I felt bad for my dad, and was hoping someone on here could relay the message. I'll be sure to post if we hearor receive anything. I hope I didnt offend anyone, I really like Verns hot rods and products but it has been about seven months without anykind of a reply. thanks again

12. 50 weight

50 weight

I just wanted to post an update. Vern called my dad two weeks ago and left a message apologizing about the delay and mix up. He said he would look back into his records to find out what happened. Havnt heard or received anything since

13. Grandma always told me to beware of hotrodders... :D

14. lawman

lawman

This may be called a "Vern Burn"!!!!!!!!

15. BTW - nothing against Vern.

16. U.K.ROADSTER

U.K.ROADSTER
    from Birmingham

Close this bloody thread. No need to bash someone's name on a public forum !

17. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

Don't close the thread. Looks there was problem it is being take care. Vern Tardel still upstand person just read thread. Freedom

18. raidmagic

raidmagic

If you bought something from someone on this fourm and you didn't get it or a response for 7 months you wouldn't say anything or tell anyone?
    Get real

19. True, but I wouldn't use the term "scam" until I found no one would help. Ryan seems to be good at helping situations like this.

20. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

Just a note from a "local", pretty close in Napa, and my neighbor across the street that owns the local speed & machine does quite a bit of work for VT, yes, he does seem to do a lot more "working" than "communicating" ;)
    If you check his website, it's pretty clear that he checks his fax quite often, and his email once a week :p Pretty easy to see a new sheet of paper in the fax tray as you walk by, have to intentionally check the email- I can't imagine VT with a Blackberry, pinging with every email. Seems pretty simple, send a reminder fax- or a couple
    From the website:

Hot Rods and Email

We like working on hot rods. We put up with email. (We’d be fine with simply having a can attached to a string, but it’s not a reality in this age of technology.)
    We try to set aside a couple of hours on Fridays to answer emails, pack orders, and do our internet duties. If you send us a message and we don’t get back to you immediately, it’s not you, it’s us. We get about 300 emails a week and do my absolute best to get back to everybody.
    If you’re car’s on fire or something of an equally urgent nature, please fax us as 707-838-6065.
    Keep ’em rubber side down folks.
    -VT

21. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

What were the books?

22. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

From what I've seen Tardel books will be worth the wait. Sounds like it's just a mix up.

23. 7 months for a few books is a joke and an all to common occurance with this outfit.

24. flying53gmc

flying53gmc
    from M-boro, TN

7 months is way to long. With the economy the way it is how hard would it be to hire someone for $10 an hour to deal with your internet orders. If your getting 300 emails a week it is a no brainer. I bet there are over 100 people on this mb that would love to work for Vern Tardel for that pay.

25. lawman

lawman

When I was in business (Classic Fabrication Inc) making Tri-chevy dress up parts (25 years) I always called my customer when I was behind. I tried to give them a date when their parts would be shipped or return their money if pre-paid. I always treated my customers as friends and how I would want to be treated.I aways hated setting and waiting.I guess that does not happen these days !!!!

26. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

Man if I screwed up six months on an order, I wouldn't blow the guy off for another couple weeks. I'd have that thing in the mail before the phone was hung up.
    First six months may have been an accident and understandable, but come on that's totally irresponsible and very rude.

27. 5window

5window

True, and since Ryan is a friend or VT's and VT is an Alliance vendor, it is past time to ask him to step in. Seven months, and two weeks since the last communication, is too long to wait no matter how great the books are. Something is just no quite right here-so I will report the thread and see if Ryan can straighten this out. Hope is does, because the VT books are worth having.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  28. brad chevy

brad chevy

I don"t know about the rest of you fellows but how many of you would wait 7-months before bitching.Not me thats for sure.Hell you could have sent a certified letter stating you wanted your product or a refund.

29. Ryan already posted (first page) and told the OP that if he doesn't hear back to let him know and he would take care of it.

30. Hell fellas let this one die and find someone else to bitch about.

Hell someone start a bitch thread about me if you want. Here are probably a thousand legitimate things that you could post on that one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.