Register now to get rid of these ads!

1931 plymouth coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 66goat, Nov 25, 2010.

1. 66goat

66goat
    from missouri

Hi, I have a 1931 plymouth coupe PA body, I am in need of a frame for this body. What can a person get or use for this body. Thanks

2. 32 ford rails might be a good start

3. sawbuck

sawbuck
    from 06492 ct

or channel it over a Model A frame ....

4. Most cars of that vintage are pretty similar...my PA is on a '33 Chevy frame. It's widened slightly in the rear, but otherwise it fits like a glove.:)

Attached Files:

5. Ghost28

Ghost28

Yeah I was gonna suggest a chevy frame from 28 they were 107 inch wheel base. And then the early 30s I bellieve went to 109 inch. they are cheap in most cases, have a nice shape to them, and are easy to box.

6. 66goat

66goat
    from missouri

yep. my 31 plymouth has a 109" wheelbase. Anybody have a frame close to Missouri? Thanks for the help. Steve

7. marfen

marfen
    from sask

I'm not sure what to recommend but I have pics of my original PA frame to show some reference. Original rails were straight so i don't think deuce rails will work at all...model a will but the wheelbase will need playing with since you will need the original 109" wb because of the much longer PA body. I've seen guys use dodge frames of the same era but they don't have as high a kickup in the front and rear of the PA. I used my stock rails, rear crossmember, ditched the front crossmembers for an a crossmember up frt. although I had to stretch it. Can't beat the cool rear window.

8. marfen

marfen
    from sask

sorry having trouble uploading frame pics

Attached Files:

9. filthy frank

filthy frank

luckly, my 33 plymouth came with most of the frame,i got a repair manual and made the front rails with the print that was inside,took it to kinkos and had it blown up to scale,but the 31 frame rails are taller. plydo used to make frames , try them.304-475-3245.

10. FunnyCar65

FunnyCar65
    from Colorado

There are no frames that will work,just send what you have to me and I'll get rid of it for you.:D

11. oldschoolfool

oldschoolfool
    from indy

i am picking up my 31 2 dr sedan in a week or so, not planning on using the original frame , dont know if you can even use it but i dont think im going to

12. There is a guy on ebay selling a 1929 or 30 Dodge panel under 1930 Dodge Parts. From what I could see in the pictures he had he may have what you want, In think he is in California. I have one as well but I think that may just to far to come to get it. Rob.

13. If you can't find a stock 31 Plym frame I would agree with Ghost.... the 28 Chevy frames are out there.... contact coppercart here on the HAMB ... he may know of one fairly close to you

14. 66goat

66goat
    from missouri

Does anybody have a drawing of the frame specifications and dimensions for a 1931 Plymouth PA coupe? Thanks for all of the responses to my questions. Steve

15. Steve...send me your email and I will send you what you need....thanks to a fellow HAMB'er who sent it to me!

16. Steve...check your email and thank OLDBLUEOVAL as he provided the pictures and dimensions!

17. HotRodMetal

HotRodMetal
    from USA

Heres a couple pics of a coupe frame I have in the shop. If this one wouldn't work, I know where another one is.

Attached Files:

• 026.jpg
      026.jpg
      File size:
      494.2 KB
      Views:
    • 022.jpg
      022.jpg
      File size:
      482 KB
      Views:
    • 023.jpg
      023.jpg
      File size:
      488.6 KB
      Views:
  18. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

A little different, but mine's a 33 coupe channeled over a 33 Ford frame. The extra wheelbase fits the full hood well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. MoparFinman

MoparFinman
    from Okla

Hey MARFEN
    Cool Plymouth This is the way I'm wanting to build mine.Except I plan on using quarter Ellipticial Springs up front, pushing my axle forward.

20. OldBlueOval

OldBlueOval
    from Upstate NY

THANKS sandbarfarm :) I have pictures of my frame in my profile for you to look at also Joe

21. DanteInferno37

DanteInferno37

Hello i have a 1931 plymouth coupe & i was wondering does anyone know how the battery goes i have everything original & its a 6volt anyone knows if it (+ = -) & (- = +) or is it normal (- = -) & (+ = +)
    Please help thank you