Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looking for someone to dial in my 8BA Flatty in Fresno,CA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by krackerjack88, Dec 13, 2010.

1. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

Alright well i'm new to these flatheads. The motor sounds real good. I just need someone to Time it (possibly new points and condenser) and adjust the carb. I just don't know where to start. Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
  2. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

Anybody know any shops that could help me out? I know alot say they can just wondering if anyone has went anywhere with good outcomes.

3. to bad you not closer, i would be more than happy to help you out

4. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

Alright I got the points all dialed in (teaching myself a little at a time). Car is running 5Xs smoother now. Still have a little smoke from the tailpipes. Could it be timing and/or carb mixture? Doesn't seem to be burning all the fuel and no it isn't blue smoke. Thanks.

5. tobyjuarez

tobyjuarez

not sure if he is still working on engines, but Joe Bogosian is in town, and has been a flathead race engine master for years. His shop is at 41 and 180 area, if I remember correctly