Register now to get rid of these ads!

newbie from new yawk

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by rustywrench, Mar 2, 2005.

1. rustywrench

rustywrench

Hi to all! I'm 39 (40 in April) I have been into old cars since I can remember. My dad would take me to his buddies auto repair shop (still there today, Sinclair gas pump and all) He always had kool stuff parked around that place. 30s-40s-50s Chrysler,Dodge,Plymouth mostly but there was the occasional Ford or whatever. I ended up working there as a summer job and could not get enough of the place! Bitten by the bug I suppose. Of course I bought my first car there. A 55 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer with a Hemi!2 tone Black and white! Boy was I cool in High School or so I thought.Currently searching for that car.I went through a bunch of musclecars and race cars and ended up bored.In 1992 I went to the Goodguys indy showand got hooked on hot rods. I got a model a chassis going together now. I do all my own work,wrenching, welding, rebuilding,and I'll pretty much tackle anything.Got a 1918 lathe coming soon so time to make some chips! Yeah, I'm the guy who will stop and pick up an old lawnmower just to see how far gone it is and if i can bring it back to life! I'm a FAST learner and I want to say how happy I am to be involved with this HAMB and this hobby that has introduced me to some of the nicest people on the planet.:rolleyes:

2. popsrods

popsrods
    from macon,ga.

WELCOME!!! The garage is the best room. popsrods

3. Welcome from Michigan.

4. TRIUMPH TERROR

TRIUMPH TERROR

Welcome Nice intro

Later Shoe

5. Joe Riot

Joe Riot
    from N Y of C

Welcome to the HAMB from a former New Yawker!

6. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Finally a decent intro, welcome aboard.

7. rustywrench

rustywrench

Thanks to all! I feel welcome!