Register now to get rid of these ads!

Junkyard pics-in indiana again!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 390Merc, Apr 17, 2010.

1. 390Merc

390Merc
    from Indiana

I'd never been in this one before! Been picked over pretty good, probably years ago. A good selection of cars though. I still came home with some good 2-dr hardtop specific trim pieces from some of these cars, like the 57 Merc & 56 Desoto.

Attached Files:

2. 390Merc

390Merc
    from Indiana

I may try to get back here and get a few more things when its not quite so hot out.

Attached Files:

3. Thats the tooth iam missing in my grille!,looks like gold to me....

4. 390Merc

390Merc
    from Indiana

Still some good pieces out here, just depends whether or not the right person finds and needs some of this stuff.

Attached Files:

5. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

dont suppose your going to tell a fellow hoosier where this is at are ya?

6. 390Merc

390Merc
    from Indiana

Plenty of Mopars, Fords, Chevys, Buicks, and a few others scattered about.

Attached Files:

7. 390Merc

390Merc
    from Indiana

Its on 18, maybe 20 or 25 miles east of Interstate 69

8. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Last edited: Apr 17, 2010
  9. You don't see much missing off those cars. I noticed the pontiac in the first group said, "Do Not Part". Are they willing to part out now or is it whole cars only? Not like I wouldn't mind buying a whole car...like I need another.

10. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Much better view on google earth... 67 North out of Muncie. Take 18 to the West. 18 jogs to the right at a 45 degree angle and then back to the left straight again. Right after it straightens out, this yard appears to be on the left hand side.

The pics appear to be from the southeast "back" portion of the yard (you can see the neighbors blue silo on the posted pics and also on google earth.)

There also appear to be several hundred vacant spots were cars were likely removed and sold for scrap when iron was so high a while back.

Will the owners let someone walk back and scout for goodies?? And will they sell them??

11. moparforlife

moparforlife
    from Rolla, MO

I think I spotted a few late '60's B-body Mopars in the background of a few of those pictures. How was the '64-'74 Mopar selection?

12. Id love to pick through that 50 dodge in the 6th pic!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. 390Merc

390Merc
    from Indiana

The yard is open regular business hours and they didn't mind letting me go back in there with my wagon full of tools. I meant to ask about the 53 Pontiac, if the "do not part" still applied. Not sure about Saturday hours though.

14. can you give the name of the town its in? I dont know Indiana roads very well..but do make regular trips to Elkhart and maybe if its not too far I could stop in I could use some parts from that '53 Pontiac

15. 390Merc

390Merc
    from Indiana

No town nearby, but its about 15 miles or so east of Montpelier on 18 if you want to look that up. I think the phone # is 260-997-6785.

16. 390Merc

390Merc
    from Indiana

I don't remember much in those years, they were picked through pretty heavily that were left. A Duster I think, some other small bodied stuff, but no Charger/Roadrunner type cars in there.

17. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Arrowood, Go back up and look at the mapquest I posted. It is the site and is not difficult to find.

Good to hear that these people are actually open and doing business.

From the looks of both the Mapquest and Google images, there have been several hundred cars removed somewhat recently (probably scrapped a little while back when the iron prices were highest). Get em now while you can.

PS: Hope this guys pricing is reasonable and some of these parts can go back into automobiles that are being resurrected...

18. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Is that a '47 Ford woodie or convertible in the second grouping next to the '60 Merc?

19. pinstripebob

pinstripebob
    from Carmel, IN

Looks like a pretty cool place! Any 1940s Cadillacs hanging around in there?

20. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Looks like its Houghs and if it is I cant belive I missed the 55 Ford convertible,the first time I was there it was a day after a big rain storm and water was everywhere and the other time it was hotter then hell. I am planning on heading up that way again soon.

21. Ron

Ron

Is that Hough's or something like that? If so I've been there but been a few years. There are a couple more not far from there. Off st rd 3 one east BK Autoparts, and one west Bryants(spelling?) both used to have some old stuff a few years back.

22. indygasser

indygasser

23. hotrodhillbilly23

hotrodhillbilly23
    from Indiana

been a few years, but is there still a yard in Modoc on state road 1? drove by it a few times half dozen years ago, but never stopped, looked small but interesting, lots of 50's stuff?

24. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Bought a 57 Ford station wagon seat at Modoc's a few years back.. Pretty good yard to scronged..........

25. hotrodhillbilly23

hotrodhillbilly23
    from Indiana

cool, have to make it down there in the next couple weeks!

26. Drock-1958

Drock-1958

I know I'm years later but can anyone tell me where this place is in seen a few 58 plymouth pictures from muncie

27. Did you read the hole thread everything you need is there even the phone number. Also if you want to play on the hamb you play by the rules. Introduction is needed.

28. Fat47

Fat47
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Modoc is still open. I picked a couple of parts for my 49 sedanete week before last. They no longer are keeping the brush cut so you have to work at finding stuff and a lot of it is now rusted beyond use, but there are some useful parts, particularly for the 50's up.