Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Dave Lukkari,.... RIP my friend.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Harms Way, Dec 23, 2010.

1. ProEnfo

ProEnfo
    from Motown

That says it all, Rip Dave..

Attached Files:

2. Wow, Dave was a great guy! I've known him since the Crosley days, stored it at our clubhouse when he had problems on the road.

I was honored to sign the dashboard on his modified.

Prayers for you my friend.

Mick

3. skirtless33

skirtless33

I remember him driving around the hotel parking lot at a early Nats. with the body of the Crosley up in the air. R.I.P. Bill

4. dieselc

dieselc
    from ohio

Sorry to hear that RIP.

5. Great guy and these are some shots from Des Moines in the 90's when we were traveling around the country with the old farts club and he would park in front of the tent. Poor quality photos, but he was such a neat guy who had the answers.
    God speed old friend.

Attached Files:

6. donut29

donut29
    from canton MI

Very sad to hear he will be missed RIP

I think I was around 8 when he took me for a ride in his car I will always remember it

7. 296ardun

296ardun

I never met him, but read much about him and his modified...another Ardun guy gone, RIP.

8. It was my privilege to meet him a couple of Nats ago. Set with us a while to beat the heat.

Well, he's running on streets of gold now. God bless him.

9. Same car with donated oil bottles and change in seat while at Power Tour stop in Horn Lake MS (Memphis)? Steve Magnantes, passenger, was reading a book in a right hand drive '25 or so Dodge Bros. closed cab pickup and waving to nervous folks?
    Knew a tidbit about the man through his car in the magazines, wish to have met. May he rest in peace!

10. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Met Dave at the Detroit Autorama the year he had finished the Crosley and displayed it. I was there at move in and noticed a little car arriving that "looked a little different". Got a chance to walk over and give it a quick going over. Spied the Ardun lurking under the hood and couldn't keep from noticing the Model a fenders and thought "now that's neat". Came back the next day and he had raised the body (funny car style) and was completely blown away. I managed a short conversation about the car and spent some time trying to wrap my head around all of the construction details...............AMAZING!!!
    God Speed Dave. I know where your at and you're definitely Resting In Peace.

Frank

11. Very sad news. Before moving to California, Dave was a fellow car club member. I have a film of him running the hell out of the Crosley at the Memphis NSRA Nationals in 1975 when he was crowned Grand National Champion.
    RIP my friend.

12. weez

weez

Wow... too bad, Dave was a super nice guy- I used to spend a lot of time talking to him on the Hop Up runs and and at Bakersfield and such... He sure drove that Ardun a lot man!

13. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I'm so sorry to hear that HW. That's terrible.

14. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

Sad news indeed. Had the pleasure of going on one of the High Desert Roadster's Almost to Big Bear runs back in '06 when I drove out for the Roadster Show & Swap. It was a fun day and enjoyed spending time with Dave and the other club members. I know he's in a better place but it's hard when one of the good ones passes on.

Lee

15. well....could wish a little RIP...but from what I'm reading....think someone upstairs is needing a street rod built...we've lost a few good ones this year...sorry I never met him -wish I had - condolences to the family...

16. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

17. rick finch

rick finch

Met & talked with him on several occasions, very interesting man. Sad day.......:( R.I.P.Dave.....

18. Harms Way

Harms Way

We were really worried about Dave from 2004-2006,.. because he was having health issues,.. Then in 2007 he snapped back and all was well with the world,... He came to the FMRC Dearborn Swap Meet as he always did in July of 2008,.. He stopped by Harry, Clydes and my spaces and "made the rounds".

We decided to walk around the show field,... Talking with Dave was great,.. you may have not seen him for a year,.. But you picked up right where you left off,... We were talking and having a really good time when we stumbled across a stock Crosley,...

I said Dave,... "I've got to get a picture with you and this stock Crosley",... He said "Yeah,... your right,.. so the world will know what they look like before you make em' better " with a laugh,....

I have lost a lot of friends in the past, I'm sure of his solid faith,...and where he is,
    But this one is tough,... :(

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 24, 2010
  19. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

I never had the pleasure of meeting him , but it seems like he had his life pretty well figured out , and lived it to the fullest . We should all be so fortunate . RIP

20. Church

Church
    from South Bay

Awwww Nooooooooo!!!!!! Dave was a GREAT guy.

I had the pleasure of meeting him in Bonneville a few years back. I politely asked him if he would move his blown Ardun powered roadster into the open salt so I could snap a few pics away from the crowd. He said NO.............then he tossed me (a complete stranger) the keys and said "it's a 3 pedal car, don't forget to the clutch when you start it." With a huge grin on my face I cruised his gem into the great wide open and had a had a blast.

Gonna miss you Dave.
    RIP.

21. Spoke to Dave a couple of times at the Antique Nats, he always had time to talk to a dumb Aussie.
    The world has lost another great old HOT RODDER.

RIP Dave

22. Deuce3wCpe

Deuce3wCpe
    from New Jersey

..guys that do stuff like that are always interesting characters...that quirkiness
    is part of their genius.

RIP Dave

23. E Burfield

E Burfield

Thank you every one for your kind words. Dave passed today at 8:12am. I was setting at his side holden on to his hand. He is a very special person to me and my family. He opened my eye's to his view of the world.

I will let you know when his services will be held. Still trying to deal with everything. Thanks agin for your kind words Erick.

24. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

Oh no this is a great shock I've been friends with Dave since I first arrived in Ca in 1988 , I stayed in his back room with fiberglass panels in Pico Rivera. Dave Lukrazy was indeed the real deal , who else would start a bonneville car putting a flathead in a Corvette----Dave Lukrazy. I did Ascott, El Mirage & tons of other stuff with Dave ,You will be sorely missed my Friend
    RIP
    Steve & Carol , James & Emma.

25. Muttley

Muttley

Man, this sucks. My Dad shared a shop with Dave and a few other guys back in the early '80's. I used to love seeing the Crosley there. I was around ten years old and that car was the wildest thing I had ever seen. I'll never forget Dave lifting the body on it and letting me sit in the car. RIP Dave.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Real sad news to hear, i had followed Daves various builds over the years but only met him in 2008, He was a real nice guy, RIP Dave.

27. 3rd Gen Hot Rodder

3rd Gen Hot Rodder
    from Indiana

That is an amazing story. It is hard to loose someone at any time, let alone during the Christmas season. Prayers at this time to his family and friends.

28. Gonna miss seein ya Dave.
    Was always a real pleasure yakkin witcha over the years.
    Gods Speed.

29. therein1951

therein1951
    from onsted mi.

This is real sad. Dave was a real friend. I was in Cal in the 90's and called him and he drove 80 miles to where i had parked my truck and brought Millie and i to his home to see his current stash of projects. He has visited us in Florida and we usually managed to see him in Mi. each summer. He was a real rodder. He was a founder of Ford and Merc restorers club and an early member and officer of Motor State Street Rods. He will be greatly missed.