Register now to get rid of these ads!

New project. '31 Model A C-Dan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kaboom, Dec 4, 2009.

1. kaboom

kaboom
    from STL, Mo

Thats exactly why I posted this, Im only 20 and need all the input from the Old Heads as I can get positive or negative. I will try what you said and will consider all my options now.

2. kaboom

kaboom
    from STL, Mo

Oh and another thing im going to do that I was told "will never work" is 8 Mikuni motorcycle carbs. I currently am the shop foreman for a high performance carb builder and have unlimited resources and tuning tools.

3. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

where are you going to put those BAGS on your sedan so that they don't look like a couple of tires being stored near the frame. "the rebel" in you is not a reason to make a bad choice on suspension - it would make about as much sense as putting that body on a narrowed Caddy frame and then bagging that suspension. Not every vehicle is a candidate for turning into a 'scraper' - that's just not the way hot rods look. Bag something made a little later - 28-34s just don't need to be sitting on the pavement all around. If you think so, you're missing the entire point of this forum. All HAMBers started somewhere, many of us started out in a direction that didn't turn out well, we're just providing what you asked - experienced sagacious input on your suggested mods. While I'm rambling on - leave the visor - removing it will NOT make your car look like a 32 in any way. And it's not an attractive modification for As...it's been done, and the look just isn't right.

nuff from me...

dj

4. Dude... please, for the love of God... don't put bags on it.

People will laugh at you.

I would hate for that to happen.

Like a friend of mine once said "bags are for weed"...

Otherwise... your plan seems pretty solid.

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If SoCal has a booth at a show that you go to check out their droppeaxle. 250.00 and forged. A guy here on the HAMB has a dropped and drilled one that I really like but that one probably isn't a student's budget for most student's.

6. sixpac

sixpac
    from Courtenay

Pretty nice I like visors I kept mine on. Nail head pretty sweet. 4 link with drop axle. for sure. I f want to save money save it in other areas of the car but keep the important stuff.

7. thathotrodkid

thathotrodkid

i agree 100% no airbags there for hondas and s10 its calld just drag it dont bag it but it is his car so he can do what he wants i guess i just hate seing technology destroy tradition

8. Tin Can

Tin Can

Looks like a cool project. I would say no bags too, but the multitude of carbs sounds cool

9. kaboom

kaboom
    from STL, Mo

I already picked up a super bell 4" drop.

The thing with the bags is you will never see them. The grill shell will be set in the frame completely covering them. The only thing you might notice is the widened cross member.

10. kaboom

kaboom
    from STL, Mo

Well heres a progress report.... Just got done cutting out the four sides of the frame.

Attached Files:

11. kaboom

kaboom
    from STL, Mo

Heres progress

Attached Files:

12. spike38

spike38

Kaboom!

Your an inspiration to me.
    I'm planning a 28 fordor to tudor project,
    And I'll be watching your progress. :)

Your off to a great start.:cool:

Spike:D

13. BAG IT, BAG IT, BAG IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol. did that make you change your mind?;), seriously tho most cars look like ass when there sittin on the ground. a decent stance will look better than any bag job. bags on an A just screams R*t Rod. apart from that i love ther direction youre headed keep up the good work, il be watchin this one

14. lowphat53

lowphat53
    from Virginia

I love the HAMB because it is a great place with a ton of knowledge. But the bottom line is build something the way you want! I am somewhat younger too and have always been around hotrods, customs. I just recently got my 31 model A sedan. The front appears "traditional" with a suicide front end and only the rear is bagged. It rides really good and gives me the option to lay it out when I want. I don't think there is anything wrong with bags as long as they are well thought out. I will be keeping an eye on your build and I wish you the best. Nice work so far!