Register now to get rid of these ads!

Barry Lobeck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by saucerhead, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

I spoke with a friend today who has known Lobeck for many years. He said he talked with his family just yesterday and tried to talk with Barry but he was too weak to talk. Prayers sent to Barry and his family.

2. metal man

metal man

I'm hoping someone has shown him this thread?Maybe that's as good as it gets,as a card would have to do a lot of traveling.

3. slammed

slammed

Another prayer added to the list of people who care>.

4. CraigR

CraigR
    from California

Keep Smilin' Barry!
    You're an inspiration,
    All the best
    CraigR

5. sawzall

sawzall

Only met Barry once, but he left a huge impression.
    hang in there Barry

6. 32csr

32csr
    from cincinnati

Jimmy...I printed it out and got it up to his sister a couple weeks ago. He saw it and I'm sure appreciated.

7. metal man

metal man

8. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

Fastiques Best Wishes!

9. Kelly Burns

Kelly Burns

I agree with you guys. I hate to hear he was that weak! He's still in my prayers!

10. kjm762

kjm762
    from Maryland

My dad & Barry grew up together and Barry worked for my step-dad for many years. He set the look for cars when I was a kid in Ohio. I worked for him many years ago at his 1st shop.I go the call Thursday from a friend that Barry was not expected to live much longer. I hope him the best and there must be one hell of a rod shop in heaven.

11. 30modelacoupe

30modelacoupe

I'm really sadden to hear that Barry is in failing health. I knew Barry back in the mid 70's when I was a member of the "Street Rod Associates" car club in Dayton,Ohio. Barry was the Classy guy with the Bad Ass '40 Ford coupe. Hope you get well soon and I'll keep you in my prayers.

12. 33 sd

33 sd

I have known Barry for about 30 years.He has built a 30 RP for me and is finishing another.The level of quality workmanship that Barry demanded was always top notch. He was always fair and if he thought something was wrong he would do whatever to make it right, that is the way Barry does things . Top Notch, Barry is a good man and it is a pleasure to call him a friend Rick Bones

13. cjmac

cjmac

Best of wishes from a long time fan.

14. 26 roadster

26 roadster

get better Barry, OTHG San Diego

15. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

I saw him this summer at Back to the 50's here in Minnesota. I wish I hadn't been so shy about talking to a "Rod God" and told him how much of an inspiration his 40's were to me! Sorry to hear I may have missed my chance to do so in person. :(
    If you read this Barry....Thanks for the inspiration in look, color, stance, and "profiling" seating position!!!!

16. bdr1

bdr1

I have known Barry since I was a small child. He was always such a fun guy and a great car builder. Prayers with you bud! (he's still alive and kickin as of tonight)

- B. Dumont

17. Trichop

Trichop
    from Eaton,Ohio

Hang in there...Old friend
    Lots of great times
    I met Barry in the 70's
    Prayers sent.

Former Pres "Dayton Street Customs" 84-85

18. racinman

racinman
    Member Emeritus

Will keep him in my prayers... Barry has always been nice, and a good friend to me... Get well soon!
    Rick Powell

19. 79LOBECK

79LOBECK

Thank you guys and gals for all the prayers and thoughts i am showing him this web site every day keep them coming !!!!!!

20. Streetwerkz

Streetwerkz

Sorry to hear this about such a great talent.

Get well soon!!!

21. 39Dodge

39Dodge

Barry, there are over 13 thousand hits on this string, what does that tell you man. You are well thought of, your family has to be so proud of that. Wishing all goes well with you from a fellow rodder with stage 4 lymphoma.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2010
  22. HotRodDaddy-O

HotRodDaddy-O

When I found out that my Roadster had a Lobeck chassis, I called Lobeck's to find out some info on it. The man who answered the phone was very patient and had no problem taking the time to answer my questions. When we were hanging up, I said, "Thank you for your time, and by the way, who is this?" He said, "Your welcome, this is Barry Lobeck".

Hang in there Barry.

23. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

Lobeck cars always had that right "look" to me: correct wheels, stance, and details to make a real hot rod.
    Thoughts and prayers to the Lobeck family.

24. Sorry to hear this. I remember his 40 coupe back from the old Gatlinburg days. The firewall data plate read "a 40 without flames is like sex without a tongue". And his maroon 32 roadster speaks for itself. Talented, humble, lovely wife. You've been really blessed, sir.
    Godspeed to a quick and complete recovery.

25. Get Well, there's many more crusin miles ahead.

26. skinnydennis

skinnydennis
    from Austin, TX

My prayers go out to Barry, God loves 32's also.

27. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Like many have already said, you can spot a Lobeck car from almost a block away. It stands a real testimony to ones influence when a conversation can be started by, "Have you seen the latest Lobeck car?", followed by a vision in your head of exactly how its going to look........that distinct Ohio/Lobeck stance, great quality and outstanding appearance.
    Hang in there Barry, you've got a lot of fans pulling for you.

Frank

28. D-fens

D-fens
    from Huntsville

Lobeck got style for miles.

Get well soon, son.

29. 32csr

32csr
    from cincinnati

Still think about rolling side by side across country in our roadsters in 07' Barry.....great memories! Hang in there- "JEFF"

30. TimW

TimW
    from Kentucky

Had a magazine out last night and it had an article in it of Barry being inducted into the Rod and Custom Hall of Fame. There was a pic of his B-400 in it, and it made me smile...Barry and I have been friends since I was just a 12 year old kid, and he left that car at my house between the Nats and Evansville's run back in '93 when it was a very new car. He'd call everyday and ask me how I thought it rode and drove (I'd always tell him I was drivin it to work, lol), after several days I got the nerve up to take it out for a spin. Not only do his cars have the look, they handle fantastic too! I'll never forget the smile on his face when he picked it up and in the front seat I had laid a pic of the speedo somewhere in the neighborhood of 110 mph! He knows Hotrods are meant to be driven, thats why he builds them the way he does! Thinkin of you my friend!