Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods do you take offence to your car being called a Jalopy??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tub in da dirt, Dec 15, 2010.

1. 29sportcoupe

29sportcoupe
    from arizona

I agree, not so sure they are all what I call hot rodders. Collectors of automotive art maybe? Its like every group, some are in it for the right reasons. Might even be a couple of jack asses on here???? Well one for sure but this one needs to get that residual valve in the brake line so I can stop pumping the brakes every time I need to stop.
    IMG_1630.jpg

2. I consider myself a hotrodder who also likes Kustoms. I do not really care what anyone else calls me or my cars. If their names for any of my cars do not match what I consider appropriate, I just chalk it up to their ignorance. Don't take someone else's ignorance personally.

3. Mr cheater

Mr cheater

I think that it is a lot better than people calling it a rat rod especial when I don't have shitty welds and any rebar on the car.

Attached Files:

4. tom heath

tom heath
    from Enid, Ok.

my wife always call's my car which is in the early stages of work a pece of c--- jalopy woud be an upgrade,, last night we went past a local dinner and the corvette club was there and my wife sade how perty thay were , I told her we had part of a corvette, the engine and trans, she sead "realy" there is hope for her, may be she will start calling it a jalopy

5. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

I've always called my cars jalopys, It's never bothered me.

6. dolsen37

dolsen37
    from Nebraska

Hell no that is a compliment. This is the Jalopy Journal.

7. Tony B

Tony B

Hats off to Zombie with the photos of the great parts ! Nice !

8. ironpile

ironpile

A city cop called my 34 Ford an antimated ironpile,didn`t bother me plus thats where my HAMB name came from. Ironpile

9. ClimisCD

ClimisCD

Oh, well. Jalopy isn't really offensive since, whether or not it is now, most of us started out with an "old, decrepit, unreliable and often nonfunctional car which has limited mechanical abilities and is often rusty or dented or in an unmaintained shape." This however is offensive:
    An old car
    Lemon (automobile), a defective automobile
    Rat Rod, an updated term for "Jalopy"(or the 1950s notion of a hot rod)

And a reason why wikipedia is not a good reference.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jalopy_(disambiguation)#Automobiles

10. Willy301

Willy301

Yes, I would definitely take more offense to the rat term than Jalopy. and I am sure that guy "bought" his cars in a finished state, you should probably run him just to shut him up and teach him some respect.

11. davey_shumard

davey_shumard

you should tell him that his corvette would be a great parts car for someone's jalopy someday!!! HAHAHAHA

12. fleetbob50

fleetbob50
    from Waco,Texas

ONE OLD LADY TO ANOTHER AS WE DROVE INTO THE NATS IN MEMEPHIS IN 71 in my buds t bucket:
    " Look, it's one of those June buggies" we both laughted so hard we didn't have time to be offended

13. spudz

spudz

14. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

Dave,
    You have two assholes? Gosh! :eek: :rolleyes:

P.S. I don't mind the term "jalopy."

Attached Files: