Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stolen car alert-1911 emf-pitsburg, ca

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dan from Oakland, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Dan from Oakland

Dan from Oakland

Hi Guys- not really hot rod related, but car guys need to watch out for each other- please keep your eyes open- this should not happen to anyone. Thanks Dan

Hello Everyone- I just found out about this earlier today- please pass the word to your local club members and friends. This could happen to any one of us. A member of the local Horsless Carriage club chapter had his truck and trailer stolen from in front of his home in Pitsburg,CA last night. Worst part is his restored 1911 EMF was in the trailer.

Please send this to all your old car friends and clubs so Don and Joyce can get their car back.

Here is Don's e-mail with the information:

Everything was at my home in Pittsburg. Police reports have been made.

The truck is a white Ford F250 1996 with a white camper shell. It is a 2-door cab and a half with a short bed. License Plate Calif #5M67546. Mileage is about 40,000. Very clean and loaded.

The enclosed trailer is a black color 16' x 8' x 7' with a rear door ramp, tandem axle, with the large HCCA decal on the top right corner of the rear door. License #4GV7121 and is California permanent trailer tag. Trailer has an electric winch mounted inside.

The EMF ia a 1911 5-passenger touring complete car black fenders and burgundy body, excellent brass with speedometer (Stewart & Clark 26). All brass have cloth covers. License # HC 4978. Engine # 22959.

Also in the pick-up are a pair of all brass Solar 1177 headlights for a 1911 Chalmers. There is CMC on the bonnet. Lights have burners and glass reflectors.
    Please respond to me at"imnuts4fords(AT)comcast.net" Thanks. Feel free to forward to friends and other car clubs. Thanks.

Don & Joyce Azevedo
    <!-- / message -->

2. Toner283

Toner283

Could you post up some pics of the car so we know what to watch for? Personally I don't know what an EMF is or what it looks like. Pics of the truck & trailer too if you have 'em.

A 1911 anything cannot be very common & will stick out in a crowd.

Hope your friend gets his stuff back the car especially.

Thieves suck!

3. Dan from Oakland

Dan from Oakland

4. modeleh

modeleh

I will spread the word to members of the antique club up here. Best wishes for a safe return of the car.

5. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

6. RDR

RDR

hope it comes home....

Attached Files:

7. historynw

historynw

8. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

9. LeftCoastErik

LeftCoastErik

thanks, we'll keep an eye out

10. mattlepperd

mattlepperd

Hopefully they get freaked out by the rarity of the car and just abandon the rig where they get the door open.

11. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

the stealing of tow rigs and trailers has seemed to be going up..and most times they score with what ever is in the trailer, although it has seemed to be the case that what is inside is not what they were after, the last one like this i read about, the car that was inside the trailer was found, but the trailer and tow rig were not..

I really hope that will be the case with this one too..or even better , catching them in the act of pulling out the car to ditch it.

sorry to hear of this, thats a very nice restoration..I hope it comes back home

12. kurtis

kurtis
    from Australia

13. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

God I hate thief's!! Heres to hoping it comes back~!

Doc.

14. RAY With

RAY With

So far this year we have seen way to many ad's like this and its just the beginning of things to happen in the near future. There always has and will always be thief's out there looking to score but our economy and lack of law enforcement only stirs the pot a little more and especially this time of year. Its time for every one in the old car business to have theft deterrents installed on there cars, trailers and tow rigs as a whole. Killing a few would also help but you have to see them first.

15. This is getting ridiculous. We need to have more rights so we can shoot people that steal cars and other large things. I see two reasons for this, less tax money wasted on prisoners and population control at the same time. Oh yeah, and the ease of mind that people will stop taking our cars.

Maybe this was lifted by Jay Leno, he likes those cars too. As a matter of fact I'm pretty sure that he was driving one a few months ago and broke down on a main street in Burbank. Maybe he did take it for a parts car.

Okay all joking aside thanks for posting the car theft here so that we can put eyes out there for you and help the cops out to bring this car home. I really do hope you get your truck, trailer, and car back and have a happy ending to this situation.

16. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

17. That's a nice car I hope they get it back.

18. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Why is the classic car culture in Cali. putting up with this shit?
    your huge, its time your voice is heard, and its time they recognise your right to protect your property with force if necessary.
    its your insurance rates you will save,

band together brothers..its time to put an end to this, or at least make it more dangerous for the car theif.

19. T.KITCHEN

T.KITCHEN

Love the old EMFs (Every Morning Fixit). Will keep my eyes peeled. Tom

20. I like them too ( Every Mechanical Fault) I could kill when I hear of something like this. The truck and trailer can be replaced, but that E.M.F. !!!!

21. bumping up again

22. kurtis

kurtis
    from Australia

23. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

most of these car thieves have already been caught and convicted of all kinds of things.
    We just keep letting them out over and over and over.....

24. chrisntx

chrisntx
    from Texas .

You have identified the problem!

Its a political statement that I make next, but there is NO WAY to avoid politics in this life.

"We the people, still have the power to cause the government to do what we want, IF we choose to use our power"

Remember that the American people stood up and DEMANDED that the Viet nam war be stopped and the government stopped the war.

25. Catch'em, shoot'em, and problem solved! I am really tired of hearing about cars getting stolen lately. We have got to stop this crap!

26. Wow, I live in Antioch, one town over. I will definitely be looking out for this.

27. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

i still like the bait car idea

28. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Shottin em is a great idea..that way no one gets to let them back out again
    and your right crisntx, if some of these states dont get woke up to who has the voice and who should have the power..there doomed to continue to repeat the problem.
    For some reason were just not pissed off enough?, yet?

29. kurtis

kurtis
    from Australia

30. kurtis

kurtis
    from Australia