Register now to get rid of these ads!

Corvair front suspension

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mattlepperd, Oct 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobkatrods

bobkatrods
    from aledo tx

do you think 36 3 window has ever ran a corvair suspension, or just what he has read or heard, be interesting to know!

2. Model A Vette

Model A Vette

"Sounds like the Corvair van suspension would make a nice swap into a bigger car or truck."

Here are some pictures of a Corvair van suspension.
    They are front steer and use 11" x 2" brakes #228.

Attached Files:

3. toddc

toddc

What is the track width on the van front suspension? XJ6 Jag is 58.3 inches wide, and is probably the easiest donor suspension in the world to adapt to other cars.

4. mattlepperd

mattlepperd

I am actually wanting to start putting corvair suspension under everything.
    I had no idea how much it would bother people.

5. papastoyss

papastoyss

In the late 80's I put a Corvair front under a 32 Chevy sedan. I swapped the spindles L to R to make it rear steer & adapted a Celebrity power rack. I made up a disc brake conversion w/ Chevelle rotors . The car drove &rode great, stopped good also.True, it was ugly but it did the job asked of it.It's your car, build it your way.

6. He has been around a long time, and is always willing to help. Pretty good dude in my book. That said, if anone wants a free '62 Corvair front and rear suspension, hit me up.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.