Register now to get rid of these ads!

CHINESE CRAP Vise Grip

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 32Gnu, Dec 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 32Gnu

32Gnu

This is ridiculous... It just gets worse and worse...

I work on my cars in my home garage and also in the shop where I work.. I borrow the bosses tools when I need something at the shop and he has a pair of shitty vise-grips... I went to buy him a new set for Christmas and the new ones are made in China, now that VISE GRIP has merged with IRWIN .. They can shove the vise grips straight up their ass. I'll be buying every pair I can that were made before the merge..

I REFUSE TO BUY IN TO THIS CRAP THAT WE NEED TO SHARE OUR JOBS WITH THE WORLD.

ALL I WANT FOR Christmas is my goddamn country back.

2. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

Yeah, the majority of my tool purchases are made at swap meets these days. I was elated last year at Englishtown when I bought a complete '70s vintage S-K 1/2 inch drive ratchet and socket set for $30.00.

3. amen

4. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

No kidding... I just bought four vintage pairs of vise grips at an estate sale for $2 each!

5. Deuces

Deuces

We could start by hanging up signs all over the place saying to "Buy American" Think people would notice???.........

6. Flexo

Flexo
    from Maine

AMEN

I refuse to buy things made on the outside,
    Ive been buying from antique stores and the local farmers for my food

FTW !!!

7. firingorder1

firingorder1

Until we stop being penny pinchin' misers and be willing to pay for quality tools all our jobs are going to disappear to China, India et.

8. filthy frank

filthy frank

i second that motion !

9. RDR

RDR

had a car sitting out by the road for sale...now I know why the visegrips for the inner door handle ARE MISSING!!!! $@*+.....

10. silentpoet

silentpoet
    from NWA

I once got a cheap set of chinese vice grips from the dollar type store. Very first nut I tightened it down on, I broke the dang thing. I mean I like to think of myself as strong, but not enough to break tools with just my manly grip.

11. StudebakerBob

StudebakerBob
    from Lapeer MI

I always remember old Ross Perot saying, "If they pass NAFTA you'll hear this giant sucking sound as all the manufacturing jobs leave this country" That old coot knew what he was talking about!

12. AJofHollywood

AJofHollywood

We could start by not shopping at Walmart.

13. firingorder1

firingorder1

I have for years refused point blank to shop at or even go into Walmart.

14. Deuces

Deuces

I only go there to buy food........

15. Black Primer

Black Primer

Problem is the whole damn country has the Walmart mentality. Sadly its gotten to the point that its all most can afford. I'm sure all of santa's elfs are chinese children.

16. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

Instead of being reactive be PRO-ACTIVE! It starts at home, raise your kids to respect the local farmer markets, by from local merchants, and as hard is it is look for the MADE IN USA label and buy it. In the long run it doesn't cost that much more, and you know where your products come from and who it is helping in the long run, YOU!

17. kwmpa

kwmpa
    Member Emeritus
    from Pa

half the crap you get from partsstores is made in mexico or south america or china....we ordered a GM crate motor it was made in mexico....lots ofjunk out there

18. eaglebeak

eaglebeak

I know a representative for a large American company. He was sent to China to check out their manufacturing standards. He didn't like them.
    But, the Chinese manufacturer told him that the Chinese do not have people in USA selling products. It is the American companies looking for bigger profits that go to China to have things made.
    Don't blame the Chinese.

19. floydjer

floydjer
    BANNED

O.K. I`ll play devil`s advocate here. We can easily have all our stuff made here in the U.S.A. Everyone willing to work for 2 bucks an hour with no benefits.....Raise your hand. Anyone?

20. Thank you! I've just gotten the best possible Christmas present ever from two people I've never even met! :D

You are hearby officially designated as the second and third smartest people in this forum. :cool: Just slightly lower in the rankings than myself, of course! :rolleyes:

21. indyjps

indyjps

I appreciate buying old tools, I love them, they have character and are good quality.

BUT, its not doing anything to keep took manufacturing in the US.

Get this, carb on my snowblower was leaking, Techumseh engine, went to the store to get a rebuild kit, no kits for that carb, service part # is whole new carb cause Techumseh moved that engine to China for assembly. Tube of silicone will get me thru the winter until I get out the gasket material and cut some new ones.

22. furyus

furyus
    from Virginia

I won't set foot in Wally, either, but we're not the problem. It's our fellow countrymen who live to consume and dispose. Heaven forbid paying a few extra bucks for a pair of Vise-Grips when Chicom grips are so cheap. Apparently they don't teach "you get what you pay for" in school anymore.

I was buying tools the other night and saw that VG's were made in China - back on the wall they went.

It's going to take something radical for us to ever get back to the great country we were. A lot of people will go kicking and screaming, too.

furyus

23. This happend about two years ago I sent an E-mail explaining they had just lost any biz from me and my new sets would be used as I wont own tools not made at home in other words in the USA ! but damn its getting hard to find even parts made here.
    I put new U joints in my 60 olds drive line and I be dammed I got made in the USA and every box had the wrong part in them ? Its shit like this that makes it easy for venders to jump ship and go China made

24. kwmpa

kwmpa
    Member Emeritus
    from Pa

that maybe true....but its also greedy companies that can make a product here for $20 and sell it for $50....or make a part overseas for $5 and sell it for $50

25. furyus

furyus
    from Virginia

Tecumseh went under several years ago. Rumor has it that they may be coming back to life with an American production line.

furyus

26. Ratroddude

Ratroddude
    BANNED

"ALL I WANT FOR Christmas is my goddamn country back" amen x2

27. Jade

Jade

Make that x3

28. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Guys, I share your concern but here's the real bottom line. AMERICA'S corporations have taken the jobs to other countries, they've reduced their cost to manufacture products and they've padded their bottom lines, their executive's incomes and wall street's baron's incomes with the extra profit. (Let's don't even talk about the politicians who bought into this charade and sold us down the creek.)

If you shop for "Made in America" products, you will likely have a hard time finding any. Just about every company has followed the leaders. You now have the choice of buying "off brand" offshore manufactured products or "name brand" offshore manufactured products.

Someone mentioned Ross Perot and, I agree, he was right. Now, the jobs have gone, the quality of the products we buy have been reduced and our country is in deep shit. The only way we will ever get back to some reasonable semblance of "what was", is if we make our politicians do it. They have to sit down with the captains of industry and make them bring jobs back to the USA.

The down side of that is that everyone will pay more for goods but there could be some offset with improved quality. If they don't change something, the separation between the "haves" and the "have nots" will continue to grow and our children will be unable to find jobs to support themselves and their families..........not to mention the heavy tax burden they will face to pay off our deficit.

Rant over. :mad:

29. BulldawgMusclecars

BulldawgMusclecars

If you want that to change, you need to hang a lot more than signs. Got rope?

30. jdj9410

jdj9410
    from Paris TX

I'll third that. And haven't been in Walmart for food or anything in 2 years. Buy lots of American made stuff on the Web or get used stuff and refurb it if it needs it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.