Register now to get rid of these ads!

dangest things found in old cars

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by redhumphries, Jul 29, 2010.

1. davey_shumard

davey_shumard

my brother and i found a early 30's essex 4 door sedan body, when we went to investigate we found that the entire floor of the car was covered in plaster dental castings. there were some "real nice" chompers in there! haha

2. Bigjake

Bigjake

Look at the hind foot, that ain't a cat skeleton.

3. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

4. Bigjake

Bigjake

I'll be damned, I never thought they would be that long. Learn something everyday.

5. ibarodder

ibarodder

We found a Colt 1911 45 auto, years ago at a junkyard dont know what the boss did with it but he was a happy camper!

6. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

As for a monkey skeleton resembling the size of the one pictured int he trunk:

This is what a small monkey skeleton would look like:

http://www.bristol.ac.uk/university/media/centenary/cabinet/monkey.jpg

Monkey's hands and feet are designed much like humans'. The digits(toes) in the hind feet are a bit longer so they can use them to grab onto what they are climbing on. Their hands are much like ours-with prolonged fingers and a pronounced wrist joint at the bottom of the radius and ulna. The feline has a metacarpal and carpal joint farther up the front leg where the extra toe sits on the insde of their leg. Dogs also have the same location of the carpal and metacarpal joint. This is location of these joints is what is being exhibited on the creature found in the trunk of the car

Also; look at the spinal column and the vertibrae of the creature found in the trunk. The vertibrae strongle resemble those of a cat. The transverse Processes are elongated in the vertibrae that are closest to the tail bones much like the animal found in the trunk

http://www.spjc.edu/hec/VT/VTDE/Anatomy/images/22_vertebrae_lumbar.jpg

Monkey Vertibrae have totally different vertibrae that resemble human vertibrae. they are short, thinck, and round and have very limited, if any at all, transverse processes on the bones

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_fpX0-FHgX...KubfrmHL4/s1600/what+if,+the+chimarea+134.JPG

7. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

:D:D

Isn't it amazing? You wouldn't think all those bones would be able to fit in a tiny, think leg of a cat? those long bones in the feet allow them to be able to balance and hold onto what they are climbing on. It's what helps cats walk on such thin things; and not fall off!

8. DAMN!!! I liked the monkey story better!!! Total buzz kill

9. 64cheb

64cheb

6 cans of unused R 12 refrigerant. Also a set of black grips for a 1911 in my buddy's 63 econoline pu.

10. Dr. Frankensickle

Dr. Frankensickle
    from Kansas

Next thing you know they will prove that the hippopotamus in the other thread wasn't really a hippo after all .

11. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

Sorry :eek:

12. Never found anything as cool as a Cat/Monkey hybrid. In my mind its still a monkey.

13. 94hoghead

94hoghead

A buddy of mine found a thousand dollars rolled up in the seatbelt housing on his pick up. I've never been that lucky. Never even found a monkey...

14. chevnut55

chevnut55
    from ma.

i pickeled mouse in a 66 chevy truck overflow,i cant figure out how it got in because the cap was on tight and it inly had a 1/4 hole.
    found a 55 penny in my 55 chevy..still in there 25 years later.
    weidest i can figure it out still,a old chevelle ,i found a chain strap mounted to the underside of the seat,and a toggle switch to the rear wireing.

15. Kevinb71

Kevinb71

I vote we still call it a monkey. It's a better story than a dam cat!

16. wrench409

wrench409
    Member Emeritus
    from Here

But would a monkey eat 'Jerry'?

17. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

While working on my Austin I stopped to sweep up a pile of dirt on the floor that had shaken out of the frontend. I was getting ready to dump the dustpan when I noticed something od looking. I pulled out two minty green Canadian pennies from 1946 & 47.
    Guess that answered my other question about where it was imported to when new in 1946!

18. cobramerc

cobramerc

I found a 1943 mercury dime in my 56 chevy when i took the windshield out it was stuck between the dash and windshield.

19. 37mj

37mj

i think its him :D

Attached Files:

20. HobbyPoor

HobbyPoor
    from Cochran Ga

after seeing the monkey im not even gonna post....it would be useless to do so

21. Hey thats what I was thinking too. Its still there. I am busting ass and making real progress. Would love to debut it at Cobo but don't think I can pull it off.

22. cody1958

cody1958
    from wichita ks

In. My 79 truck I found 3 100.0 bills under the carpet when I ripped it out to fix the rust holes in floor

23. fossilfish

fossilfish
    from Texas

I dragged n old Austin Healey 100 out of a barn on Pineville LA. Got home and started cleaning it out and found the trunk, heck the whole car was filled with a possum nest. Basically everything found in and around the barn, including a mummified possum. My son was young and had a tooth fall out. He was happy because the tooth fairy was going to exchange it for some dough. Then he dropped and lost the tooth. He was crying because the tooth fairy was not going to get a tooth and as a result no dough for him. I pulled one of the possum teeth out and told him that the tooth fairy just needed a tooth to make his quota and handed him the tooth. Danged if in the morning the tooth fairy had picked up the possum tooth and left the cash. There is a moral here somewhere I just can't find it.

24. stainlesssteelrat

stainlesssteelrat
    from ms

well, when i brought my 46international coal truck back home to mississippi from antigo Wis. it's seat was stuffed with old coal bags... thats about it.

25. Rex_A_Lott

Rex_A_Lott

Folks used to do that to cut the rear lights, if somebody was following them....carry em toward a sharp curve fast, by the time they realized you were standing on the brakes, they just might not slow down enough to make the turn. Low tech way was to just tape the brake light switch down, so it didnt work at all.
    Not sure about the strap.

26. Flootiebuell

Flootiebuell

In an old caddy trunk I found jimmy hoffa

27. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

" must have been a second base car " LOL Good one

28. Ricci32

Ricci32

A few years ago i purchased a ford galaxie while cleaning out the trunk under the spare tire i found a kkk suit hood and all.

29. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

Found this little guy under the box of my Essex when I tore it apart this week...
    [​IMG]

30. J DE LUXE

J DE LUXE
    from Oklahoma

Roaches, cigarette butts and a tire with Honolulu Hawaii lettering on it.