Register now to get rid of these ads!

wv,ky and ohio hambers?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sups2nick, Dec 18, 2010.

1. sups2nick

sups2nick

anyone from wv, ky or ohio??? basically anywhere around the area less than 250 miles away? i am looking for fellow hambers to meet, trade with, and just hangout and maybe goto a few shows together.

thanks, nick

2. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Columbus area!

3. Nick,

19 of us met in Winfield, WV last Sunday (12/12/10) for our annual hotrodder's Christmas gathering. I posted the open invitation on here and told folks to pm for directions to my garage, The Hot Rod Grille. We watched a racing video that was shot at the old Winfield drag strip in the mid 60's and had a "gently used" magazine table for swap/trades. Everyone received a Christmas ornament pinstriped by Shannon Humfleet to commemorate the event. The group consumed 9 large pizzas, four cases of drinks and several gallons of ice cream. The party lasted over six hours, so it is fair to say that everyone has a good time! Here are a few pics from the gathering. We usually gather like this a few times each year. We meet for breakfast throughout the year and travel to local shows and cruise nights. I usually post on here prior to any gathering, so watch for future announcements.

Jim

Attached Files:

4. Willy301

Willy301

I live about 40 miles NW of Columbus

5. jjflash67

jjflash67
    from Ohio

Way up here in Cleveland area

6. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

Nick
    I don't know if I'm 250 miles from you as I don't know where you are!
    I live in the Wheeling, WV area in Blaine, OH so maybe we can have a Meet N Greet somewhere in the middle?

7. twenty8tudor

twenty8tudor
    from Ohio

little over an hour north of wheeling wv in coshocton ohio

8. dorf

dorf
    from ohio

hi i am from the warren o area .wish i had seen you posting earlier could have brought down a few guys. nice looking place is it a resturant if so where is it located? have u been to hot rod city in new philly it is quite nice and worth the trip. merry christmas to everyone this post is for nick. ( screwed that up )

9. John B

John B

I'm in Northeastern KY about an hour from Huntington,WV

10. Sport Coupe 62

Sport Coupe 62

11. Hey Dorf,

The WV hotrodder's Christmas gathering pics in this thread's earlier post were taken in my garage, The Hot Rod Grille, which is located in my back yard in Winfield, WV.

Yes, I go to Hot Rod City in New Philly a couple of times each year (side trip when I take my wife to Sugarcreek, OH). It is an awesome place with some great automobilia and neon signs. Good food, too. Like you said, worth the time to visit.

I was in your hometown of Warren, OH early last spring for a coin-op equipment auction. They were selling jukes, pinballs, vids in what appeared to have been a large out-of-business grocery store. It was really cold and I wasn't able to buy anything, but still had fun!

Keep an eye out for our upcoming gatherings posted on here. We usually gather in the garage before going to Huntington, WV for the World of Wheels car show at The Big Sandy Arena. That is usually held in early March, but I haven't seen the actual date for the 2011 show, yet.

Here are a few more pics from The Hot Rod Grille Garage.

Jim

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 19, 2010
  12. dorf

dorf
    from ohio

hey that is great i think you have more nostalgia stuff than hot rod city. thanks for the reply iam in awe of your place. i will keep an eye out for your postings.

13. im in SW ohio near cincinnati prolly too far away

14. twenty8tudor

twenty8tudor
    from Ohio

kind of off topic but a guy retired from where i work last winter his brother is the one who owns hot rod city if I remember right....really nice guy

15. Jax2A

Jax2A

Center of Ohio but my HAMB friendly cars are projects only currently, no runners.

16. 48stude

48stude

I'm in the northern panhandle. Bill

17. thirty7slammed

thirty7slammed
    BANNED
    from earth

In Ky about 30 miles northeast of Louisville pretty good ride from you, nothing fancy about my shop, especially after seeing the photos posted , but if your in the area stop by............
    Later,
    Billy

18. briansbodyshop

briansbodyshop
    from Paducah ky

Im in Western Ky, Paducah..........

19. spoons

spoons
    from ohio

Dayton, Ohio....Right out route 35...

20. Ratroddude

Ratroddude
    BANNED

Southern part of WVhere , mercer county , right on the WV/VA border , I dont think there's any HAMBERS around this area though..:(

21. Toqwik

Toqwik

sups, where in WV are you?

22. beverlyhillbilly

beverlyhillbilly

23. Christian Bros Racing

Christian Bros Racing

Lexington KY here, originally from Ashland.

Quick question for you guys in the eastern Ky region - is there anybody on here that recognizes this car? My dad, Glen Christian sold this car to a "coal miners son" back in the late 60's. This car has a grand history behind it and I'd love to find out where it is now. Its a 1964 AFX Mercury Comet, altered wheel base, 427 wedge, 4-speed. It was originally given to Jack Chrisman by Sach's and Sons Mercury out of Downey CA, but he couldnt drive it due to an accident that messed up his legs. It was then given to Bill Shrewsberry, later on Roger Gustin and his brother Phil drove it for a bit, then my uncle Bennie Christian acquired it and finally my dad bought it from him.

Any help is appreciated.

[​IMG]

24. easystreet47

easystreet47

Northwest corner here, Bill. Still spending my Saturday nights in Toledo, Ohio!

25. DJKY

DJKY

Lexington, KY here.

26. rat seeker

rat seeker

Canal Winchester, Ohio just SE of Columbus

27. Dave B.

Dave B.

If that's the car I think it is, I remember it VERY well when the Gustins were driving it. At that time, it ran out of Gene Craine Lincoln-Mercury in Ironton, Ohio. As I remember, it was white with black and red graphics. At that time, my buddy Ralph Peters was the parts guy at Gene Craine and I spent a lot of time drooling over the Comet.

BTW, I know Bennie, too (although he probably doesn't remember my name). He comes to most of our cruise-ins, either bringing the old Plymouth coupe or the pick-up.

So, sups2nick, there are a few of us around the Tri-State area. I don't have any 'HAMB-friendly' cars right now, but I'm hoping that will change soon!

Dave B.
    Ironton, OH

28. Christian Bros Racing

Christian Bros Racing

Hey Dave,
    That is the same comet, ol Jimmy Lawson. A few weeks ago I was fortunate enough to get ahold of Roger Gustin and he gave me a rundown of the history of that car. I'm not going to stop until I find that darn thing! yeah, uncle Ben still has several cars.

DJKY! Hey buddy, maybe you'll recognize my screename on KYHP - X STi C.... lol.

RodKings, ive seen you over there as well, nice to meet you.

29. niterunner71

niterunner71

bluefield, wv about 90 mins south of charleston