Register now to get rid of these ads!

Have you noticed the number of high quality 1932 Ford cars and parts for sale?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sandbarfarm31, Dec 18, 2010.

1. I have been seeing a lot of original 1932 Ford complete cars and bodies and parts for sale in the HAMB classifieds. Just wondering what your thoughts are on why so many are now for sale and why it seems that they are coming out for sale now?

2. Xmas pressies.

3. filthy frank

filthy frank

everybodies losing thier jobs and homes, if i had a 32, id sell it too !

4. sr

sr
    from Monterey

where? let me know.......

5. they are for sale, but they are also not cheap
    tk

6. sr....speaking of 32 Fords for sale.... did you ever sell that awesome Westergard 32 roadster with the custom windshield??

tub in da dirt ... yea prices are high...but so is quality and stuf is mostly original Henry!

7. Checking this morning there are 2 %W Coupes and a Roadster in complete cars....scads of parts including cowls, windshield frames, rear fenders, snf running boards...lots of gennie Deuce stuff up for sale....... amazing!

8. Asphalt Outlaw Hero

Asphalt Outlaw Hero
    from Dixie

They were just a fad.

9. terry48435

terry48435

Yeah, for 78 years!!:)

10. wizzard23

wizzard23

The new belly button cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. rustyhood

rustyhood

Times are getting tougher, family always comes before toys. It's sad when your only choice to save your home or putting food on the table is selling that toy that you spent countless hours with.
    When times gets better, you can always get another hot rod, but not a home that you built equity in for many years. Been there.....done that.

12. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Some old timers who have been stashing parts away for years have come to the realization that they are not going to live forever or use them so it's time to let them go.

13. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

You buy low and sell high. Prices are higher now than ever. 32 Fords are not fads. Hot Rodding to a lot of people is a fad. But not for the DIEHARDS. Can you say You`ve been to 10 to 20 or more car events a year since you were 10 years old. When you didn`t have any money, when you got married, when your first child was born or your second. WHAT, you didn`t go to the show this year because the big game was on. Just look at the biker craze a few years ago, everybody wanted a motorcycle. Everybody wanted to go to Sturgis. Everybody watched Jesse James, Orange County Choppers and evey other show. So they buy a car, Whatever they can afford, They enjoy it until the fad passes. And then it sits in a garage(or in a barn)for 30 years until a DIEHARD finds it. Are you a DIEHARD!

14. Rolf

Rolf

Times are tough, some folks may have to sell to pay bills. However, this also makes this car more affordable for the rest of us.

If you really want a '32, you may want to make a move soon, when the economy improves, you will ask yourself: How did I miss the low??

Like Terry said: They are a FAD...for 78 years...

15. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

Correction, I buy high and sell low.

I buy when everyone else wants it and nobody wants what I have to sell. :)

Neal

16. Gman0046

Gman0046

A lot of folks are just fishin.

17. bobkatrods

bobkatrods
    from aledo tx

x2 on the fishin!!! i know two that are doing that

18. StuntmanJames

StuntmanJames
    from Denton Tx

Yeah some of these guys are asking retarted prices for some of this stuff too! I dont care how rare it is im not paying ten thousand bucks for a shell and half a frame... Too many nice classics for way less!

19. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

x3 on the fishing but that always seems to go on in the classifieds with desirable parts.

Some of that stuff is from sellers who hope to fund their retirement off HAMB members at the prices they have listed.

With disposable money being tight right now a lot of guys who have been stashing parts and cars away for future projects may be selling off pieces to fund the current project.

Life happens and peoples interests change. Family, work schedules, other hobbies and interests all get in the way for some. I used to hit 25 rod trots a year two day or more events) and now we hit maybe five and those are as spectators. But that is more because of the boring cars at a lot of the events around here. We will probably drive a lot of long distances to events that are for traditional cars but pass on the 700 car event that is half full of mid 60s so so cars 25 miles away that we attended every year for over 20 years.

For some with the high end cars it may be weeding out the collection or it may be that they have found something that they want more and need to sell one to buy another.

20. mt shasta steve

mt shasta steve

Here's a thought. I don't bend very well anymore, so I went with a car with a little bit more room. Still a hotrod, just easier to get in and out of. Plus a couple of buddies with '32 roadsters are looking to switch to closed cars.

21. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

There's always alot of this stuff for sale. I just don't see much of it actually selling. Who wouldn't take $50-60,000 for their half finished project '32?

Pipe dreams on most of them. It's just fishing like mentioned before. More like a bragging contest.

just my .02c

22. wingman9

wingman9
    from left coast

That's the story of my life in a nutshell, but at least I have a good time with the junk while I own it.

23. I think a lot of cars have been pulled off the market because of the low prices. There are a lot of houses for sale in town and some have never even had a looker. A couple of friends want to sell their homes but are waiting for the economy to improve. I think it will be a couple of years before there is some economic improvement. I always say the bigger the boom; the bigger the crash.

24. 32INXS

32INXS
    from Missouri

It is a great time to buy and a lousy time to sell right now. Probably there will be a lot more bargains after the first of the year too. It is a sad feeling when a car you built and loved is driven off by somebody else never to be seen again. Cars just are not bringing what they did 2 or 3 years ago, except for the perfect examples with lots of paperwork. Now is probably a great time to get the car you have always wanted and never could afford if you look hard and long enough. just my opinion too.

25. modeleh

modeleh

Do you think that in 20-30 years when the baby boomers are kicking off, there will be a major surplus of this old stuff, and even if prices crash, there will be a smaller group of people with the desire to look after antiques and furthermore because of high housing costs and consumer debts, fewer will have big garages to store this stuff. Say you are sitting on a barnfind 32 or whatever that may bring 20K today, the value might tank when estate sales are selling off Pop's collection of completed rides for a song because demand has dropped off? Am I out in left field here? To me, I don't care about the value of my old stuff, I just like looking at it and keeping it from the scrapyard so others can enjoy seeing the work of creative minds from a long past era.

26. 32INXS

32INXS
    from Missouri

That may be true. People who are looking hard for these sales will pick up bargains if they have the cash and are quick enough. Our cars are worth what someone is willing to pay cash for them today. Don't forget that the value of money is going down too, so keeping your cash in alternative investments may be wise too. 20k is not what 20k was 10 years ago as far as purchasing power is concerned.

27. " It's the economy, stupid."

28. banditomerc

banditomerc

I agree with you 100%.

29. They thought they were going to retire off their collections but didn't count on a recession. Remember gold don't rust.:D

30. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

I have sold some 32 stuff in the last year or so ... and I almost never sold much 32 stuff. :confused:

The fact is that I am 62 and have decided that I have built my last 1932 Ford. I have LOTS of spares. No one needs more than a dozen 32 grill shells, 15/20 fenders, 4 or 5 original fuel tanks and the list goes on and on. I know folks that have a LOT more 32 stuff than I do( did ). I saved the GOOD STUFF for myself. I have two complete up and running 32 Fords. A 3W coupe for the anytime drive and a ROADSTER for the warm, sunny pretty days/nights.

I am going to build something else ... and not quitting the old car hobby ... but I have been a 32 Ford owner/guy for over 30 years. Time for a change. I plan on keeping my 2 Deuces and enough spares to fix them should something BAD happen to them ... but I want something different. I have a old pickup that I am playing with but I am looking for another 40 Ford ... a coupe. A standard businessmans coupe in my price range. Kylon 32 has one I would like to own. I just have not gotten serious about the 40 Ford thing YET :eek:

As for 32 Fords going cheaply, I have NOT seen that ... and have CA$H waiting to add another Deuce to my garage if that really happens.

:) :D :rolleyes: