Register now to get rid of these ads!

1949 Ford Crash,Long Beach,Yesterday?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, Oct 11, 2010.

1. jhabershaw

jhabershaw

I hope lots of people make it out to the Benefit Show! I'm looking forward to getting Dan out of the house and he is really excited to see everyone!

Jenifer Habershaw

2. BuickBorracho

BuickBorracho

Is it too early to ask how Gundy Insurance is treating you?

3. brock

brock
    from So-Cal

Just a last minute bump to let people know, the benefit show is on right now in Lynwood on Atlantic at Elmwood! Go support-- tons of bands, art auction, and raffle stuff! Plus booze!!!

4. b-bob

b-bob

Any updates or pictures? I hope it was succesful and everything went well for him.

5. Jon being Jon

Jon being Jon

Shit! That is bad! Hope they survived, and heal. I got screen captures...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Mopar Mama

Mopar Mama
    from Boise, ID

The first thing that crossed my mind is that someone capable of building something so beautiful could not possibly be idiotic enough to drink and then drive it. Dave, I'm sorry about your car. Dan, I'm sorry about your situation. I will make a donation as soon as I can spare some funds. In the meantime, get-better-juju is free, and I'm sending it your way!

7. Joe T Creep

Joe T Creep
    Member Emeritus

Man. I hope they are doing ok. I smashed my 30 a few months ago, but not that bad. Prayers for them.

8. Philbilly

Philbilly

Any updates? I hope they're doing ok.

9. glmke

glmke

sending prayers your way

10. ren

ren

Hello everyone. I'm Ren a.k.a Dan Habershaw. I want to thank everyone for all the support. The accident was a major event in my life but the support my wife and I have received following that day is beyond belief. As you know I broke both my feet my pelvis has multiple breaks with a foot long bolt holding it together. I broke my tailbone and my L2 vertebra. All my stitches are now out and mostly healed. I graduated from "can't move" to wheel chair to walker and now I'm sporting a cane and I haven't even hit the two month mark. I am way ahead of all my doctors expectations and I blame that on the support I get from my friends and the love from my wife Jen. So many people went out of their way to check on me at the hospital and then at my house, it was awesome. Both the benefits were successful and I also want to thank those who made paypal donations. Its cool to know when one of us goes down, the rest are ready to pick up. Thanks again, really there is nothing I can say that properly expresses my gratitude. Because of you guys I don't have to worry about loosing my house or bills piling up and I can say I'll see you at the Masterson/Barris Fire and the Mooneyes Christmas party. THANKS AGAIN. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

11. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

glad you doing well, all the best to you and yours!

12. Ren,Really glad for the good news,I had some talks with a good friend of ours (Joyce the hotrod lady in Portlland) and she told me what a stand up guy you are so this news is very cool.....hope the best on the further recovery and maybe run into ya someday.respects.............

13. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Dan I glad to hear your making a speedy recovery and were all glad you both made it out alive... keep up the good spirits and we will see you at the party!!

all the best,
    Piero

14. b-bob

b-bob

I am glad that this story has a happy ending,could have been a lot worse. Congrats to all those who generously helped out. That's fantastic.

15. Mr.Musico

Mr.Musico
    from SoCal

16. bugfink

bugfink

God, I just did a search for swivel seats and found this! Changed my mind on swivels. I hope both guys pull through ok. I have been in their place years ago and it was not fun. But I can say all the love here will be well received. Good luck.

17. white64

white64
    from Maine

Wow....
    If you look at pics of old wrecks you kinda realize how much safer cars are now. And thank God (or the guvmint) the trailer had the crash bars on it which prevents cars from going underneath the trailers. We all remember the days before they became required, ...35 years ago, 5 Maine highschool kids were killed at once from massive head injuries when coming back from a concert and ran under the rear of a trailer.

18. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

I had a wreck and "ate" the steering wheel, looking at the bullet on that steering wheel made my nut sac wrinkle, I hope all heal well and everything else goes as it should and no BS from idiots, insurance companies or legal people.

19. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

Hopefully no charges and no insurance "hiccups".

20. KustomRocket88

KustomRocket88

Wow....this is terrible (OBVIOUSLY). I'm in awe and shock. Very sorry this event took place. This tragedy reminds me of the Dream Truck when it rolled off the flatbed, only no one was injured in that case. I certainly hope everyone turns out alright after this incident!!