Register now to get rid of these ads!

Model A troubleshooting help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jonb421, Dec 18, 2010.

1. jonb421

jonb421

Ok so I am trying to get the little 4 banger running in my 31 coupe. new battery positive ground with good electricity to the distributor arm and sparks when the points first open. now my problem is im getting no fire at the plugs. The rotor looks decent and the cap is relatively new and the wires are brand new. The plugs were a bit nasty but i cleaned them off.

The terminal box has the two posts right well are both posts supposed to have power to them?

Also the 6v coil which side should be connected to which side of the terminal box?

I have some basic trouble shooting experience but I just need a bit of help Thanks!

2. I assume you determined the no spark by pulling the coil wire off and holding it with a pliers (that have an insulated handle) about a
    1/2 inch away from the block while you crank it with the ignition on with the foot starter. Doing this you should have a nice white blue spark.
    If not try taking the cap & rotor off and with the ignition on , just take a flat screwdriver and open & close the points to see if there is a spark. There should be a nice spark & snap.

3. jonb421

jonb421

yea I checked the points like that I m going to try the coil wire to the block trick next thanks man