Register now to get rid of these ads!

cant keep it quiet any longer

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by smittystoys, Dec 17, 2010.

1. smittystoys

smittystoys

I cant keep it quiet any longer and i know you guys arent going to believe this but I found two of the coolest cars you could probably find..It is one of those to good to be true stories but i promise ya its completly true..me and my family own a muffler shop in odessa Texas we have been car nuts all our lives so a lot of people will always come in and tell me about cars they have for sale or hot rod parts etc. A guy came in my shop about three weeks ago i was doing some pinstriping for him he was looking around at my cars we were talking and he said you wouldnt know someone who would want to buy a couple of old cars would you I said what are they he said a 40 ford and a29 model a pickup.I thougt hmm. thats the my kind of cars. He said his dad had passed away about 4 years ago and he still had these two cars he wanted to get rid of.I still didnt think that much about it because alot of people tell me about stuff but then he said the 40 was in the dec 63 issue of hot rod .I thought crap ive got to find out about this sucker .I didnt havethe funds to buy them so i called my dad and told him that i found some stuff he had better go look at and i gave him his cell number and he needs to try to hurry up and go look at it.He called him and went and looked at it .He calledabout two hours later and said you arent going to believe the stuff he has and that he made a deal on all of it.He bought the 40 the 29 .. 2 model t coca cola go carts and a 350 chevy engine all for one price. the 40 is one of those one in a million deals ..the 40 was built by dave stuckey in 61/62 he worked for daryl starbird he built it for a guy named Don Moore that lived in Mid West City Oklahoma. Dave also built the lil coffin and several other famous cars. this car is unbeliveable it is a cross between a gasser and a custom.. in 63 it had a corvette 283 a b&m hydro trans 4`71 blower.. custom in and out every thing is chrome .. hurst airheart disc on the front .. halibrands all around. the car is just the way it was in63 except some one put a chrome halibrand quick change in it put a parachute on it painted it black they took the blower off some where down the line but other than that its the same way it was.its got quad headlights 59 corvette taillights and a edsel grill the body work is all lead .......the 29 is a super good roadster pickup built in the late 60s early 70s 327 std trans full fendered chromed front end cragers all around cool..car. we are going to take them to the roundup in the spring .. i couldnt wait until then to tellyall about them they are just to cool.i will get some pictures on here in the next few days i will have toget my son to do it it took me about 2 hours just to type this:eek: if anyone has a december 1963 hot rod maybe you could post some pictures for me thanks montie:D

2. RussTee

RussTee

this will be good you lucky begger good on your dad looking forward to the photos

3. SUCIO

SUCIO

Sounds like you guys scored! congrats

4. Sweet! We need pics asafp!

5. BISHOP

BISHOP

Thanks for sharing, I cant wait for the pics.

I want to see the go-carts too.

6. Roothawg

Roothawg

I heard about this score. Congrats.

7. chaddilac

chaddilac

Where's the Dec. 63 Hot Rod.... we wanna see pics man!!!!

8. Yes, we need pictures!!!

9. Babyearl

Babyearl

I might hafta drive to Odessa.:D

10. Another vote for those pics. I know it takes time, but the cat's out of the bag.

11. Toner283

Toner283

Yup, I agree.

We need pics.

You post up a story like this without pics???

Tease. :(

12. bugfink

bugfink

Start going through the little mags for some old pics! What great history.

13. SUCIO

SUCIO

I tried google'ing '63 dec hot rod images but couldnt find much. Im getting anxious on some pics...

14. al8apex

al8apex

pics
    pics
    pics

even crappy cell phone pics

15. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

It's always good to hear where someone fell into something that has been hid for all these years . Now you are able to buy them .
    That's really great you found them and then got the money to buy everything .
    I can't wait to see the pictures !

Glad to hear more great history has been uncovered !

Retro Jim

16. BELLM

BELLM

Man, I'm excited! I'm sitting here looking at pictures of the " 'forty with finesse" in my December 1963 Hot Rod that has my name on the subscription label, I was 15 at the time, so I can't part with the magazine. This is a bad ass car, truly awsome that you found it and are now it's caretaker. 3 pages of black & white (actually kinda green tinted) pics with the 4th page being a full page full color photo of this beautiful red car with a hot chick sitting in the passenger seat with the door open showing the beautiful black interior with silver piping. This thing is full custom, '58 vette taillights, Edsel grille shell, canted quad headlights, nerf bars front & rear, all work done with lead. You found yourself a helluva cool car! I will get this scanned over the weekend and figure out how to post the pictures and the article. PM me your e-mail address and I will send you good copies.

17. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

sounds like the real deal

18. El Jefe

El Jefe
    Alliance Member

here ya go boys.........Should be featured at the Lone Star Round Up this year......pretty wild.

Attached Files:

19. ...

Attached Files:

20. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

whoa!that thing is crazy!!

21. glasshole

glasshole

Congrats!!what an awesome score!

22. dieselc

dieselc
    from ohio

Yeah that thing is crazy love the back dont really care for the edsel grill, glad to hear it has not changed to much though.

23. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

what are the plans with it? will it remain as is?

24. Topless Ford

Topless Ford

Dude, paragraphs are your friend. Please slow down and go through your new rig. Awesome find by the way!!!!!

25. thesupersized

thesupersized

WOW! good for you guys, awesome car, that has some real history...

26. Deuces

Deuces

Make it look like it did in '63!! Hope he still had the wheels.....

27. milo1303s

milo1303s

Awesome find !!!

28. Muttley

Muttley

29. I remember that magazine coverage so I must have that issue of Hot Rod somewhere around here. It's 6am and now I'm headed to the basement to dig through my stacks of old mags. I'm usually not fond of '40 Fords that are radically customized, but this car and Cushenberry's Matador are notable exceptions. '40's are such a pure, well proportioned design, it's easy to screw them up with too much modification. Great score. Retain it's history as best you can.