Register now to get rid of these ads!

60s Vans making come back?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by low budget, Sep 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaygryph

jaygryph
    from oregon

[​IMG]
    Does anyone know if this van is still there, or if by chance it may have ended up somewhere else? I'm going to doubt it's around but a friend of mine wants it so bad he about cried seein' it (I know wierd right?)

Thanks.

2. rev106

rev106

There's another thread that deals with old e-100's on here called econoline madness...there is extensive lowering tips on there for your van.

3. LaidoutRivi63

LaidoutRivi63

4. draggin37

draggin37

Im doin my part to bring 'em back. Heres my 66 sportvan. she just got a 250/full synchro 3spd and dual res brakes. Both axles flipped, Just gonna be a driver.
    [​IMG]
    And for the photoshop junkies.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  5. refried confusion

refried confusion

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  6. RABs32

RABs32
    from new jersey

Found a couple uploading......Rich

Attached Files:

7. I haven't gotten through all the post so forgive me if I repeat. I've had 3 flat windows ('64-66 Chevy/GMC) and think they are pretty cool. I posted some pictures so please check them out if you get a chance (titled: don't laugh it's paid for).

The guys over at vcvc.org are a great bunch and there is a lot of useful info there.

I know the old vans are the brunch of jokes and if I hear 'Scooby Van' one more time I'll go on a spree lol! I never did like the 70's crap I saw in Truckin'. Working on the old vans is very challenging and lowering them is a bitch so I never tried. I like them pretty much the way they are and if you can stick a V-8 in there, so much the better! I had 2 with the 6's and powerglide and one with a 3 spd (dreadful btw). I set one up with the Clifford duals and it sounded pretty cool!

I have noticed the prices creeping up and it's deserved but on the other hand, we van guys (well, ok former) like agood deals and the old vans have always been a good buy. But hey, Falcons used to be cheap too so there you go. Maybe I better buy another one, I need a cool hauler!

8. dub warrior2

dub warrior2

This is, without a doubt, the coolest vans I have ever seen.
    I have clicked on the link to watch it being painted and am blown away bu the work that has been put into it.

Just one thing I dont get though, sorry.
    Why was the first coat of blue applied before the flames were painted?
    Would it not have been easier (less masking) to paint the flames and then have blue edges pinstriped on afterwards?
    I am not a painter and this is by no means a criticism. I love this van and paint job so much.

9. aramwest

aramwest
    from seattle

Hello I just got a 67 chevy. Normally a ford guy but could not find an econoline for a good price. So the chevy has a 6 cyl and a great interior. the outside is rough!! All will be fixed in time.

I could use advice on doing a disc brake conversion, and parts finding.

Thank you.

10. Gman0046

Gman0046

God, I hope 60's van's are not making a come back. Who would want one????

11. Choff

Choff

Good to see that the Van's are still cool!!
    I started with my first Van in 1972 at age of 19 and after 5 vans from old to brand new at 57 year young I am still driving a 2005 GMC AWD Coversion van.
    VAN MAN FOREVER.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE.:)

12. me!!!!!!

13. Me TOO!!!!!!!

14. andrewlw

andrewlw
    from whittier

15. George T G

George T G

I'll take ANOTHER Dodge anytime ,64-70.:D

16. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Me Three! I got a 429 that would love to be dropped in behind the front seats! :eek::D

17. 65COMET

65COMET

Back in the glory days there was a first generation black Econoline with a cross ram FE stuffed behind the seats!! I have a picture somewhere in this mess. ROY.

18. slammed

slammed

Back? They never left. The MAGAZINE'S that generally showed the gaudy, over done one's (hint, it's a never ending theme w/ 'em) cast 'em aside. Clean, well done ride's never go out of style.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
  19. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Oh man I'd like to see that!

20. Spork!

Spork!

Awesome thread! I had a few vans in the 70's. Remember spending countless hours cruising around, getting high, listening to Boston, Charlie Daniels, lynyrd Skynyrd, John Denver!

Remember going to the drive ins, parking in the back row, parking backwards and opening up the back doors?

I had a sticker that said, "Don't laugh.....your daughter might be in here!":eek::D

21. Gizzy

Gizzy
    from N.W,Ohio

Sounds like you were doing in California what I was doing in Ohio!And yes...I DO remember those back row drive-in's:D

22. Only now it would say----"Don't laugh your MOTHER might be inside":D

23. I had an ecology sticker: Eat a beaver, save a tree

24. Church

Church
    from South Bay

Gnrs?

Attached Files:

25. shortypu

shortypu

I luv these old vans,sad thing is there not good parts cars because they were so hard to work on that most people just drove em til they died. Here's one that is just to cool.

Attached Files:

26. Capochi

Capochi

Amazing work man!!

27. scrubba

scrubba

Uh Me too an I want muh panel back on de road too! scrubba

Hell yes , I'm still alive ha hah hah hah !!!!!!!!!!!!!

28. Church, your van just kicks ass! When I get done with my '64 Chevy van I'd love to do another along the lines of your Econo!

29. 1929CDAN

1929CDAN

The red ford with lift is too cool. Need to see more vans. Thanks guys for your pics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.