Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lets see 30's Dodges/Desotos/Plymouths

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 55chieftan, Oct 4, 2009.

1. robertog

robertog
    from kamloops

my 1935 plymouth as you can see missing grill :mad: can anyone help with that ?

Attached Files:

2. moparmonkey

moparmonkey
    from NorCal

That '34 is awesome! I love the early '30's mopar coupes. I mean, straight from the factory with a roof that looks chopped compared to the Ford's, suicide doors, the works. Drop in an early hemi and go! :D

The poly looks great too, those valve covers are awesome. More unique than even the hemi covers.

3. rbradber

rbradber
    from Choctaw

View attachment 1144342
    My '34 that I've owned since 1966. I had a '33 coupe swiped and began looking for another, found this 2 door with 52k miles. No rust ever, original plywood floor and wood rails. Chopped 2 inches, 2 in removed above the windshield and the top pancaked to fit, Olds wagon insert, smoothed drip rails, shell, running boards, gas filler door, hidden hinges, 318 904, air, widows, secret audio, MII tubular arms, cover of Street Rodder in 1987.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2010

4. Looks like a minter Bob! Congrats!:cool:

5. nmbuellist

nmbuellist

My 39---built 20 years ago--drive it almost everyday--V-6 auto--paint is so thin now ,half the people think it's original, white leather interior

Attached Files:

6. signalsteve

signalsteve
    from NH

heres mine, ready to get started on..

Attached Files:

7. Hotrodhell35

Hotrodhell35

8. Mean Lean

Mean Lean

'32 Plymouth PA
    The grinder is waiting....

Attached Files:

9. RustyRedRam

RustyRedRam

Here's my 39 Dodge Tudor. It has a 271 Super Red Ram Hemi. It's been one of my daily drivers for almost 10 years.

Attached Files:

10. hotrod_32

hotrod_32

another 32 P.B. They only made 11,126 of this model ! I have seen a couple on this page. I love those P.B. roadsters,rare as hell !

Attached Files:

11. hudsy-wudsy

hudsy-wudsy
    from MN

Loryder, I'm not sure if you know this or not, but your '38 Plymouth is a very early production model which differs in appearance from all of the other '38 Plymouths pictured on this thread. Do you know what the difference is?

[​IMG]

12. rebstew187

rebstew187

Here's my 34 I had a couple years ago.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I was wanting another one so I bought this 33 to cut up.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    454/400 with 8.5 411 posi. Raised the wheel wells up. 4 door to 2 door and took out the center post. I still have a ton of work to do but hoping to get it on the street this summer.

13. SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS

SKOTY CHOPS KUSTOMS
    from BAY AREA

more recent pics of my plymouth.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. donnie gt

donnie gt

my car is a year too old for this thread, will i get gonged?
    sure a lot of nice taildraggers!
    although mine isn't quite as nice it's a work in progress
    1929 plymouth sedan chopped 3", body dropped over the frame.
    and yes a 1969 sbc powering this 3500 lb machine down the road!

Attached Files:

15. rebstew187

rebstew187

I love this thing. Perfect!

16. lemondana

lemondana
    from Lincoln NE

The headlights were mounted lower and farther back on the later cars. Less of a bug-eyed look.

17. hudsy-wudsy

hudsy-wudsy
    from MN

Your right! The dealers threw a fit because people were laughing at how bug-eyed the new '38s looked. The factory scrambled to make a quick change by dropping the headlights two inches and moving them back four inches. The change was made within the first two months, so ones like Loryder's are fewer in numbers, relatively speaking. My first car was a bug-eyed '38 Plymouth four door -- not exactly what I had dreamed of owning when I was a kid, but at $25, it was a start.

18. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ok, it's a '41 but it's my current project. It will be a mostly traditional street rod when I'm done.

Attached Files:

19. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

OH YEA that Airflow is beautiful.I had to re design mine to my liking.The headlights looked like Mercades so I used 37 Ford and I redesigned the lower half of the grill.I realy like the stock hood ornament. Thanks for posting.

20. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

My mom's new ride!
    [​IMG]

21. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Headlight placement!:cool:

22. donnie gt

donnie gt

23. Ric Dean

Ric Dean
    from Central NY

… 1936 37 Dodge Woody, Beautiful Body Style, one resto-rod; one restored; and one unrestored, the only 3 known to exist.
    … The unrestored one with parts is for sale $32 K.

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->

Attached Files:

24. bigrickl74

bigrickl74

I love them all. Bug eyed or not that 38 above is one bad ride. Keep the pictures coming. :D

25. itsa425

itsa425

Here is my 1929 dodge senior six sport coupe that I'm building as if it was the late 50's.

Attached Files:

26. 55chieftan

55chieftan
    from Maryland

Wow...tons more early mopars! Loving it!

27. 'Great thread, come on there must be more 30's MOPARs out there.
    My avatar - my '39 Ply P-7, '55 Dodge 230 punched .060, Edgy cam, Edmunds intake w/2Carters, Langdon cast iron headers, duals w/Smithies, Fenton aluminum head, soon-to-be-installed Mallory dual point dizzy. Since this photo- Fulton visor, skirts, rear drop w/Posie's super slide springs.

28. Mudgy

Mudgy

I haven't started yet, but here's the blank canvas........
    1937 Aussie build D5 sedan 4 door TJ Richards body.
    Gonna remove the original undercarriage, repl with Jag XJ 6 Mk 2 or 3 front & rear susp, SBC plant, A/C, PWR windows, channel a bit to get a decent stance that will tackle speed bumps & gutters. Got to pass the legalities, so nothing too fancy. Just want to drive a sturdy ol' vessel for many trouble free years to come.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  29. 36plychuck

36plychuck
    from San Diego

here is my new ride 1936 Plymouth
    [​IMG]

30. hooliganz 1

hooliganz 1

heres mine 32 4door cut down to a pick up

Attached Files: