Register now to get rid of these ads!

There's just something about the Phaeton....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bugsy, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

Every once in a while, I see a car that really gets to me and this is one. I ran across this a while ago on Ebay. I don't know what it is about this Phaeton but I'm digging it. It has really cool, local history too (so they say). Built in the 50's and came out of a Topeka, Ks. estate. Supposedly the builder's estate. It still has the Topeka High Trojans sticker in the rear window. It has a 21 stud flatty and some other interesting add ons like the Pontiac Silver Streak taillights and the 40 Ford wheel. They say it sat for 50 years and is basically original. I love the color and the interior and I think it really looks slick with the side curtains. I can't help but imagine how fun it must have been to bomb around Topeka, Ks. as a 17 year old in the car!! Like they always say...if this car could talk!! Wish like hell I had the dough!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
  2. alchemy

alchemy

That's a 60 horse and more like a '48 steering wheel, but still a fun car.

3. Crankhole

Crankhole

I like it alot. That's all I got.

4. 62rebel

62rebel

damn. i LIKE it. then again, i was taught to read by Floyd Clymer, almost... Dad had a bunch of his A restoration books and two or three A's at one time.... well; two and a half.

i love the way this one is preserved.... while i would certainly LOVE to own it, i'd be so protective of it, i'd never want to risk it among our dumbass drivers.

5. BulldawgMusclecars

BulldawgMusclecars

A friend of mine has a '29 A Phaeton (half-finished project)that I am trying to help him sell...wish I could keep it!

6. chaddilac

chaddilac

Whoa! Cooool!

7. Oh, I been watchin' that bad boy, too. Very nice car. Santa? You listenin'?