Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hello and '37 Ford truck question

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by my37ford, Dec 16, 2010.

1. my37ford

my37ford

Been lurking around and finally joined up, love the info that everyone has shared on here, lots of time and headaches looking around.
    I have a '37 Ford 1/2 ton pick-up and would like to change the front end on
    (grille, fenders and etc.) does anyone know if a '36 front end would interchange with no major mods. The cab on both look like they are identical as far as the outside but I haven't found any references to the firewall area to see differences, any and all info is appreciated. Thanks in advance, Terry

2. Roothawg

Roothawg

3. ARTSWRK

ARTSWRK

Welcome from Kansas! '37 Ford pickups are cool! That '37 grill is very popular.

4. glasshole

glasshole

Welcome from Florida

5. flathead37

flathead37
    from boerne tx

If you decide to change your sheet metal i would love the 37 stuff...yes you can change to 35, 36, 38....I may be able to find some 35 stuff..please let me know if i can help you..do you have the 37 grille? email [email protected].....I have some 40 truck fenders, a right side door and hood...

6. big bad john

big bad john

7. fxfxr

fxfxr
    from eureka, ca

Welcome from Eureka, Ca. Just got my 37 1 1/2 ton truck in final paint. 35-37 are mostly interchangeable parts. Obvious windshield differences. Someone on here should be able to answer specific parts exchange /option questions.

8. my37ford

my37ford

Yes< I have all sheet metal for the front clip, the grille is in poor shape, I will try and get some pics of the front end as soon as I can. I also have all the running gear and drivetrain ( flathead engine running and tranny) that I will prob. sell here pretty soon.

9. Welcome form Connecticut

10. oldman2

oldman2

Hello and welcome from Missouri.

11. Welcome someone chime in if I'm wrong I'm not the expert but. My dad has a 37 cab and thought of the same thing but complained that the 35-36 hood top wouldn't work without some mods. Hope this helps but I could be wrong wouldn't be the first time.

12. Roothawg

Roothawg

35-37 front fenders are the same, cab is different, grill is one year only, hood tops and sides are different. Running boards and rear fenders are the same. Bed is longer on a 37 aft of the rear axle.

13. tcb-1

tcb-1

welcome aboard, from Shawnee, KS