Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mooneyes X-Mas party pics/stories...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TaylorCrawford, Dec 11, 2010.

1. 21tat

21tat

Great pics. Thanks.

2. elrobo818

elrobo818

fuck man... i had two that wouldnt get OFF of my car... or OUT of it for that matter...

3. KaddyKimber

KaddyKimber
    from Denver, CO

Haha, I had many people take my picture, I just didn't get any cards...oops. Guess I was too focused on my shoot with Varga that happened on Sunday (pics are too o/t to post). I saw you across the way though, I recognized the shirt since I have the same one in a girl cut. I'll be at GNRS, let's meet!

4. TaylorCrawford

TaylorCrawford

Hahaha that sounds like a good problem to me!

5. SVT2888

SVT2888
    from Bell, CA

I hope you guys don't mind, but I was encouraged to post my pictures from Mooneyes here on your site. All the pictures are click-able thumbnails and are available in wall paper size for free.

I'm just going to post what I posted on the other site. I hope you guys enjoy the pics.

This past weekend after Cars & Coffee instead of heading straight home I stopped by my mom's house to hangout with my little nephew for a little bit. But before spending quality time with him I had to check my Facebook! It was a good thing I did, because Speedhunters was at Mooneyes and they where giving their followers frequent updates on the show.

I quickly looked up the directions for Irwindale Speedway where the event was being held and then asked my sister if I could borrow my 4yo nephew for a few. This was to be his first hot rod show. He has previously attended this years British Car Show, Concorso Ferrari, and the LA autoshow. He got very excited as soon as I mentioned "car show" and started asking if there where going to be any Mustangs there as those are his favorite. I of course said "YES!" not knowing if I was even saying the truth. I just wanted to drag the little guy along.

After basking in the sun for what seemed like an eternity waiting to turn into the Irwindale Speedway parking lot, we where finally in! *Note to self fix the A/C*

My nephew was immediately awestruck by all the bikes. While his "Tio Leo" was being distracted by all the beautiful women in attendance on this beautifully sunny 80something degree Saturday in December.

We then started walking the show lot and drooling over all the wonderful custom machinery in attendance. He gripped my index finger as we walked around the cars and examined them carefully. Ever so ofter jumping from being startled by revving engines or asking to see the picture I had just taken.

As this was not only a car show but a drag race event too, I propped him up on my shoulders and took him to the side of the track so he could watch some 1/8th mile drag racing. This was his first time watching cars race and he really, really, enjoyed it. Especially since we stood right beside the finish line.

On the way towards the track he did embarrass me a little bit when he spotted a VW Bus and loudly proclaimed "Look TIO LEO a Bee Emmm Double U!!" Apparently, my sister always refers to Volkswagens as VeeDouble U's, thus his confusion. Oh well, it wasn't as bad as calling a Ferrari a Mustang...

...Below is my choice of what I think where my best pics from the event. I didn't cover everything as soon the little guy grew tired and we had to go home.

Hope you guys enjoy the picks of the pics:

[​IMG].[​IMG]
    [​IMG].[​IMG]
    [​IMG].[​IMG]
    [​IMG].[​IMG]
    [​IMG].[​IMG]
    [​IMG].[​IMG]
    [​IMG].[​IMG]
    [​IMG].[​IMG]
    [​IMG].[​IMG]
    [​IMG].[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
  6. SVT2888

SVT2888
    from Bell, CA

[​IMG].[​IMG]
    [​IMG].[​IMG]
    [​IMG].[​IMG]
    [​IMG].[​IMG]
    [​IMG].[​IMG]
    [​IMG].[​IMG]
    [​IMG].[​IMG]
    [​IMG].[​IMG]
    [​IMG].[​IMG]
    [​IMG].[​IMG]

7. SVT2888

SVT2888
    from Bell, CA

[​IMG].[​IMG]
    [​IMG].[​IMG]
    [​IMG].[​IMG]
    [​IMG].[​IMG]
    [​IMG].[​IMG]
    [​IMG].[​IMG]
    [​IMG].[​IMG]
    [​IMG].[​IMG]
    [​IMG].[​IMG]
    [​IMG].[​IMG]

As always the full gallery is available at CNCpics.com

Thanks,

-Leo

8. LOWDOWN2

LOWDOWN2
    from Ontario

Welcome, Leo! 'Bout damn time...haha!

Your "period" shotz from Cars and Coffee would be welcomed, here, too. Not that you need to go to extreme bother to sort/post...but welcomed just the same!

And kudos for exposing the "kid" to the scene...youth is our future!

9. SVT2888

SVT2888
    from Bell, CA

Thanks, I'll try to start something with the period stuff that shows up to Cars and Coffee every once in a while.

I'm going to make sure to expose him to every aspect of the automotive enthusiast world. Let him decide what he likes.

Though currently he won't stop talking about wanting a black mustang. :-/

10. sololobo

sololobo

Thanx for the pix, I have been hoping for some images of the event. Good job gettin out there, next time I am sure a hoodie and extra shirt are in order. Great sunset! ~sololobo~

11. Too o/t to post... who or what is Varga? Only problem with GNRS is it is the same weekend as the Turlock Swapmeet in Central California and GNRS is in Pomona which is roughly a 4-5 hour trip from Turlock :rolleyes::rolleyes:. Turlock Jan swap is kinda a big deal just as GNRS is. We'll see where the road leads me that weekend. Maybe both places.-Weeks