Register now to get rid of these ads!

Appleton help needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KoppaK, Dec 13, 2010.

1. KoppaK

KoppaK

Can anyone tell me anything about these spotlamps I've got the chance of ? Measurements are........The lenses are 4 7/8ths, and the overall dia is 5 7/8ths. The buckets are 5 1/4 deep.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

2. alchemy

alchemy

They've got the same "profile", but they are not the Appleton model 112 that everybody covets. The handles are the same and maybe some other parts might be good to use on a set of 112's.

3. KoppaK

KoppaK

Anyone know the sizes of 112 s?

4. KoppaK

KoppaK

5. I didn't have a squre to ensure the measurments were exact but I would say the 112's are the same size as the ones you have there. Are the lenses in the ones you posted? If so the 112s have a domed lense not flat like yours.

6. KoppaK

KoppaK

Any idea what year these are and maybe a model number anyone?

7. Interesting! They are probably earlier than 112's, looks like late 30's to me.... Autoreelite made spotlights in the 20's-30's and had cooperation with Appleton.
    Compared with 112: There screw on the top is not on 112's (Appleton Lorriane Mod 20 had the same screw) and the nut between the housing and arm is not on 112's. They also have one rivet more on the housing. Due to the flat glas, my guess would be a marine application. I'm saving information about Appleton and I've never seen these before. For your Merc (I assume...) a set of Appleton S-552 would be a cooler choice.