Register now to get rid of these ads!

DEUCE OF SPADES big World Premiere Back to the Fifties Celebration Sun 11/14 !!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HiboyGirl, Nov 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HiboyGirl

HiboyGirl

2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

You're correcting a couple of typos in a multi paragraphed sentence on the HAMB?? Petty, very petty.

Faith, I'm hoping you'll be at the GNRS as I'll get a couple of copies from you there. Great job, you deserve all the press and well wishes for all your hard work.

3. daddio211

daddio211

Wow Faith, that's awesome! Is DOS 3D next? Kinda looks like it with Johnny and the Deuce busting through the screen, LOL.

4. bag

bag

Got my 2 dvd's yesterday. One for me and one for my son. Watched it twice last night and will see it again with my wife tonight. Its about time someone made another great hot rod movie with a good plot!! Great work faith!! If you guys don't have a copy yes, better get one.

5. Just ordered my copy. Thanks.

6. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Got mine last night and loved it. Good job!

7. chubbie

chubbie

Faith,
    can't wait..like a little kid at christmas!!

8. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Faith, PLEASE, turn over the day to day sales and distro to some firm like Amazon or a cinema related firm that does the same thing!! Gary

9. gasserjohn

gasserjohn

think a directors cut is needed...the longer version you did 1st
    gave my 2nd copy to my son to watch&share
    his wife stayed up till 12'30 to watch it both enjoyed it >well done....

10. My double copy arrived yesterday..only 10 days from order to delivery to New Zealand. Didn't think it would make it here before xmas, so the plan was to watch it over the holiday break, however when it turned up super fast, it was like that xmas present you just had to open...One hour later when my girl got home, it was on!! All I can say is.... WOW!! Thank you so much for making this movie Faith! You have just topped off the year for us!! :):D:cool:

11. Faith my whole family loved this movie and hands down by far the best hot rod movie ever produced. I was able to catch up with you at Mooneyes for a picture with you and i'll tell you what, momma was jealous of me taking pictures with another woman and i still ain't heard the end of it, but that's one ass chewing i'm willing to take... Already got the picture developed and tucked inside the movie case.

Attached Files:

12. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

ordered mine today. its a christmas present but its ok if it doesnt arrive in time. very excited to see it!

13. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

I'm smiling from ear to ear for you Faith! You did good is an understatement!
    Merry Christmas and a DOS Hot Rod of a New Year to ALL!

14. kisam

kisam

Faith,
    You did an awesome job! I cannot express the emotion that I felt watching this movie, but it was "moving"(all three times)! My hats off to you!
    Kathy

PS I am mailing my extra copy to the widow of my 32's original builder. I think she might have known a guy like Johnny Callaway.;)

Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
  15. white64

white64
    from Maine

Been watching the progress on this movie, kindah torn! I had hoped it would make it to the big screens/small theaters across the country... spreading the gospel (could have done what American graffiti did for rodding.. again)! Had the local art film theater keeping a eye out for it too, they were ready!

But I got a big ass plasma now with surround so, close enough I guess...

16. HiboyGirl

HiboyGirl

Love your coupe, that is a beauty (and nice photo too !! )

LMAO - tell her to not worry I am totally Harmless. Was nice meeting you guys, we had perfect weather at that show didn't we :) ? Good memories.

It already was shipped :) took to the USPS in person this morning at 9AM. I am so on top of shipping right now it is SCARY :eek: - We are kicking serious butt. You shoud have it in time :D

Lea, did you get your package yet? I shipped it several days ago, with a little Christmas present in it - You're the bomb girl! Love you!

Awesome... She is going to love it I think. And I love your coupe too!

Film looked great on the big screen at Towne theater in Fillmore. It is big screen caliber, quality wise. Theatrical releases however require a promotional budget of about half a million to a million dollars. Even the big studios can't afford to release all their productions theatrically, so many of them go directly to DVD and there is no shame in that :), theatrical releases sometimes lose a lot of money cause of the high cost of promoting such release, so oftentime it just isn't feasable.

That said, have faith, and let us see what the Big Guy upstairs has in store for this film. I am just tagging along for the ride LOL. Right now we are building buzz and fan base and this is what it takes to do a limited theatrical release, which I would like to explore for 2011. So let's keep our fingers crossed and hope to bring DOS to select theaters, car events and more...

I'll keep you posted as this unfolds.

17. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Do you have any interest in the film being shown on TV, on Video on Demand?? I work for the local cable company here in Michigan and can get the DVD show this way. Of course a written permission slip is required.;) If you are interested let me know and I'll hook you up with our production department to get the ball rolling.

18. Dennis Lacy

Dennis Lacy

Faith,

I received my signed copy a couple weeks back and have now watched it 5 times, one of which with the commentary on, and have loaned it to several family members to try out. We all agree that it is almost unbelievable that you were able to pull off such a quality movie with your small budget, equipment and crew - which as it was shown were often times the actors themselves. I have to admit that I was not expecting much as you were making it but I couldn't have been more wrong. You have done one hell of an awesome job with this project and I enjoyed every minute of the movie. I very much enjoyed your commentary which gives such a great insight as to what you had to go through to accomplish your scenes. I also enjoyed seeing so many cars that I know so well and have seen all over SoCal. Major congratulations on a job well done!

Oh, and my 17 year old sister already has a major crush on Timothy Luke, hahaha!

- Dennis -

19. HiboyGirl

HiboyGirl

Dennis thank you for your great feedback it feels good to know all the hard work is appreciated :).

TELL YOUR SISTER SHE CAN MEET TIMOTHY IN PERSON AT AUTOBOOKS IN BURBANK TOMORROW!!!!

See my next post:

20. HiboyGirl

HiboyGirl

[​IMG]

SIGNING TOMORROW (SATURDAY DEC 18TH)

9:30 AM TO 2PM

AUTOBOOKS

2900 W. Magnolia blvd
    Burbank ca 91505

MEET STAR OF THE FILM TIMOTHY LUKE (Johnny Callaway) IN THE FLESH

and bring whatever you would like him or I to sign for you.
    We will have DVDs and some cool merch there as well.

Look for the black DEUCE OF SPADES table
    our big screen TV will be showing clips of the film, interviews and teaser.

See you all there!!​

21. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Dennis,
    It would've been very nice to have had our PRC RR in there as well. I think that we missed the boat on that one, :confused: Maybe in Part II ;).

Being in the film and having both a car and Cook's Machine Works-Home of Cyclone as Callaways is an honor I feel. Jim & Paul @ the shop spent a couple of the Sundays (Days off to spend time with the family,but were at the shop) to provide a site so this film could have an "Authentic Hot Rod Feel".

Faith,
    It was great seeing you @ Mooneyes, and having those fans wanting to take a shot of 'Zip's 34" If ya need me there tomorrow, Ring me up.;)

Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
  22. chubbie

chubbie

I just watched the movie.........thank you Faith
    Wayne
    I am Jodie and I just watched the movie with Wayne and I have to say that it is a very good movie. WOW good Job! Now my hubby wants to buy at 32 roadster!
    Just watched your movie it was awesome! Judy

Hey Faith thanks for the movie ya know its not how much money you have to build cars Its the story behind them thanks for reminding us of that !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Brandon

23. Dennis Lacy

Dennis Lacy

I remember you telling us about Faith at a committee meeting for RR#8, I think. Seems like the rest of us were pretty pessemistic about it at the time. Hindsight is always 20/20. Should she make another film revolving around vinatge rods I move that we offer her all the help we can 'cause after watching this one the first time one of the first things I thought was that I wish the club had been more open-minded. :(

24. wolfman52

wolfman52

Faith, we recieved the movie today and had to watch it tonight.I was amazed with the details.My son and I along with our friend Jay loved it.I sent a copy to a friend of mine,another hotrodder.We are going to spread the word about this film.Wonderful work. Thank You

25. duecevw

duecevw
    from oc calif

I have a question. When is the next Pasadena reliabilty run ???

26. Dennis Lacy

Dennis Lacy

PM me for info, I don't want Faith's thread to go off topic.

27. Stovebolt

Stovebolt

Faith,

do you have any copies in the PAL format for us Australians????

28. fat141

fat141

Stovebolt, this DVD comes "ALL REGIONS", no need to worry about regions 1 or 4. Also plays on the mac. Good movie.
    Cheers mate, Happy Christmas
    Rod.

29. Hi Faith , didn't know anything about the movie until I saw you guys at LARS this year and have just watched it , WOW , Myself and my wife loved it and you did an amazing job , we all have wanted a new car movie and Hollywood can't do it but you can , a Credit to you and the Crew .......

Cad

30. grapp

grapp

Faith, Congrats! I just ordered mine this morning~ Can't wait!~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.