Register now to get rid of these ads!

bob bauder -32 sedan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lars, Nov 12, 2010.

1. Lars

Lars

I remember a dark red chopped, blown -32 sedan which Mr Bauder built in the early 80:s. It was one of the reasons I got a sedan myself. Now I would like to see a pic of that car. Anybody?

2. lars,
    it was featured in an old hot rod magzine but i cant recall which one.
    Al.

3. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

I also loved that sedan which he sold to Jerry Moreland in the 80's. I have some pictures that I can scan later today if I can find them. The top was chopped 4 inches and was painted regency red (Jaguar Color). Bob still has lots of 32's in his stable of hot rods.

4. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

I dont remember that one, but Carl Von Hofgaarden had a blown 392 black sedan, Art Chrisman motor, Steve Davis metal work, 3 1/2 chop, halibrands. On the cover of the June 1998 Rod & Custom magazine. Loved that car so much, Im on my second black tudor.

s55mercury66 likes this.

5. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Here is a photo of Bauder's sedan in the 80's at the LARS in Pomona. I always thought this was the coolest ride you could own. The top was chopped 4 inches as I recall.

Attached Files:

6. alchemy

alchemy

CANNOT build a 32 tudor any better than that car.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  7. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

That's a cool car, Bob Bauder has built some really nice stuff over the years.

8. LowA100

LowA100

Thats about an understatement!!

9. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

Carls' '32 at Arts' Christmas party , last year .

Attached Files:

10. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

Thanks for the picture.

11. matt73

matt73
    from va

think i remember the Bauder car was in Hot Rod 81 maybe?

12. customcory

customcory

It was in Street Rodder and on the cover with the hood open I think, I loved since I first saw it.:D

13. tinmann

tinmann

Bob Bauder was at Deuce Days in Victoria (B.C., Canada) this past July in a white deuce fordor with a for sale sign on it. Nice car, reasonable price. The guy has talent.

14. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Bob's sedan has been found. It is still in the LA area and is in good hands. He also owns a nice roadster hiboy and a panel truck that is over the top with detail. They call him the mountain boy.

15. flatheadjunk

flatheadjunk
    Member Emeritus
    from Orange CA

Bob recently sold the panel.Thought I had a picture but can't find it. I hated those full size panels until Bob built his. Anyone have a pic to share?

16. Here's Bob's panel taken at Del Mar 2005.

Mick

Attached Files:

17. Lars

Lars

I finally saw the picture today, many thanks. Now I am looking for Boyce Asquiths's red roadster, not the famous yellow one. If I don't remember wrong he also had a bad red one that he drove pn the streets

18. I know Bob, and he builds incredible vehicles. Unlike some, he drives them everywhere. He bought Lobeck's highboy years ago (the one Coonan owns now), and he used to drive that car hard. Man, that thing ran like a raped ape. I'll never forget the article they did one year on the Reliability Run in Southern California, and there was a picture of Bob in one of his hiboys doing a John Force burnout through a busy intersection in L.A. Typical Bob, foot to floor. He's a character.

His red Tudor was even lower than that picture at one time. His son Danny told me he remembered one year when they took it to the L.A. Roadster Show, and one the way home the front apron was shearing the reflectors off the centerline whenever they changed lanes.

19. rosco gordy

rosco gordy

I love hearin all those names .....from the 60 ,s 70,s and 80,s we are losing alot of them at a alarming pace let us not for get who kept this hotrod thing going cause they were REAL car people not just check writers doin it for tv exposure rip Boyd and Barry and all the others ....................oh Tom Vogle is in that group and still punch the keys did a ton of work back then

20. wingman9

wingman9
    from left coast

I saw this thing at Donut Derelicts not too long ago. Still fine.

21. pumpman

pumpman

AAAAAAH, the good old days. I remember when I was a kid, me and my buddies would ride our bikes down to this store every first Wednesday of the month to pick up the new Hot Rod magazine so we could what was featured and new. It was as close as we could get at the time, but it was the best.

22. Mpls 40

Mpls 40

fwiw, I thought he bought it from Coonan and Meyers owns it now ... regardless, it's always been a favorite ...

hotroddon likes this.
  23. frank spittle

frank spittle

I had never heard of Bob Bauder when I made a deal with Brian Burnett to buy this ultra rare '64 Dodge Hemi Super Stocker back in the late '80s. Bob had been working for Boyd but opened his own shop and was offering restorations on factory lightweights as well as Rods. Brian had already made a deal with Bob to restore it and I could assume the contract if I wanted. I took a big chance. Some of these pictures are from in his shop in the San Bernadino mountains. Bauder did a magnificent job on the restoration.

I had it a couple years and sold it to Dale Armstrong. Todd Werner owns it now.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
    Todd553 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  24. You are 100% correct. I got the ownership trail a little backwards, huh? Pretty impressive predigree on that little highboy, for sure.

25. IronFord

IronFord
    from NoDak

So what year and what magazine was Bob's tudor sedan featured in?

26. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

June 1980 Street Rodder.

27. brandon

brandon

All the stuff he builds is right on....one of those guys i would see in hot rod and rod and custom back in the 80's....and think those cars are bad ass

28. NealinCA

NealinCA

I saw the sedan at the Famoso March Meet back in 81 or 82. It stopped me in my tracks as an impressionable teenager. I still have a picture of it stashed away in a box somewhere...I guess I need to dig that out.

Neal

29. IronFord

IronFord
    from NoDak

Thank you

30. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

One of the baddest '32 2drs ever built. Am I wrong but didn't he re-chop it at least once looking for the perfect profile? I loved everything about it and if I ever get my '32 5w built I'm going to try and duplicate the color.

Frank