Register now to get rid of these ads!

Operation Christmas HAMB III Drop Off Points and Deadline

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRodChassis, Oct 18, 2010.

1. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

Kev-
    I have a TON of 2009 magazines still in the boxes that I can donate to the cause. Will drop you a txt to set up a way to get them to you.

Larry

2. exartist

exartist

I’ll be swinging by my local VFW this week to drop some stuff off.

Is there any desire for cigars? I was thinking of including a box of Fuentes in my delivery.

3. mike bourg

mike bourg

Is there anyone in the Denver area helping on this, I have a lot of hot vws and fishing magazines that I wuld like to donate.....

Mike Bourg

4. slepe67

slepe67

I know we have received cigarettes and chew via mail, but not sure if that was legal or not...I don't see anything wrong with it, just make sure they aren't Cuban (i.e. contraband).

One thing to mention about customs over there is, SOMETIMES the packages get searched. And SOMETIMES the people there dont have much integrity. And SOMETIMES, things dont arrive (I've had my wife mail me a 4 pack of Red Bulls. When I got the package, it had been re-taped closed, and there was ONE CAN in the 4 pack)...so if it's valuable or expensive, don't mail it:)

5. exartist

exartist

Sorry to hear that. I want to make sure what I send end up with the guys who could use it the most. Probably better that I just get more of what's on your list.

6. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

We received more stuff the other day from the boys down in Indy. Still not much rolling in though. And our cut off date is rapidly approaching. I'm grateful for what everyone has give though. And understand if times are tough this year.

I just hope it's not because the news chooses to not report on Afghanistan and only on Iraq. And folks might think there aren't any troop to send things to not that most of them are out of Iraq.

7. Kev, I've got some stuff to drop-off. Are you "stuffin'" the packages on Wednesday the 24th?

8. slepe67

slepe67

Happy thanksgiving!

Roscoe just sent 3 boxes to my office, I got them shipped overseas in quick order.

Thanks for doing this again Kevin! We really love it!

9. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

No problem Jesse. We're stuffing boxes today (a much better way to spend Black Friday), and will be transporting them to the American Legion tomorrow around 11am for those interested.

10. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

LOL. I just got a text from my buddy who dropped off our contribution on the way to his wife's family gathering. He was relieved to find the shop, she was PO'd it took him an hour to do so!
    Another case of "No good deed goes unpunished!".

11. slepe67

slepe67

I just got another three boxes on Friday. Not sure who sent them, unless Rosco sent 6 boxes total.

Regardless, whoever sent them, thanks!

Got 3 going to Afghanistan, and 3 to Iraq.

Also, if anyone is going to send boxes to me, PLEASE let me know prior to shipping. I have a lot of prior coordination to do, and surprises aren't something the Flight Engineers look forward to just prior to launch. Something about extra weight! haha

Thanks for all the packages, we appreciate them!

12. roscoe

roscoe

Nope!
    Not from me... but that's great!
    We appreciate the ass-kicking you guys are doing.

Best Regards,
    Roscoe

13. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

So we took 130 boxes to the American Legion! All because of you guys and how much everyone cares about our Troops having a nice Christmas. Thanks so much to everyone that gave during these tough times!!!

14. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

BIG PROPS to Kevin for doing this for "our guys & gals" in uniform!

"you're a good man, Gunga Din".

(you puppies out there are gonna have to Google that one) :D

15. Sorry I didn't give you a heads up. I did put my HAMB ID under the HAMB stamp on the shipping label though. Thanks so much for making it happen. Merry Christmas and a peaceful New Year to all of our Girls and Boys serving us "Over There" and everywhere. Luke

16. slepe67

slepe67

Nothing to be sorry about!

The way I see it: As long as the fellas with boots-on-ground have something to kinda bring them closer to home for the holidays, its golden by me!
    I dont care how hard you are, NOBODY wants to spend XMAS in that shit-hole getting shot at.

Kevin, thanks again, let's keep this going for next year. Maybe we start collecting shit in July this time! hahah just kidding!

17. Actually, I think this is a GREAT idea.

There was a collection box at the HRC&C display at Pile-Up #8 and it should put be near the command center next year at the 10th Anniversary event. If anyone coming to the center for an event t-shirt were to bring one or more things from the list in post #1 we would have a lot more stuff to box in late November, and that's just the Pile-Up. It would be cool if others would organize something similar throughout the show/cruise season and HAMB relay the stuff to HRC&C.

18. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

Great idea Bob! Maybe we can do it @ a few events.

19. econolineherb

econolineherb

Hi . How can i find out if my package arrived in Addison ? Thanks .