Register now to get rid of these ads!

Good Model 'A" patch panels

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Vin-tin, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Vin-tin

Vin-tin

I finally started working on my 1930 ford cowl. The lower section of the cowl needs a patch panel, which i do have...but the shape is all wrong. It's just a straight panel with the beads stamped in.
    Does anyone know of a company that makes these panels with the correct curve in them? Or are all of them like this...needing a bit of work to make fit?

2. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There are two versions that I've seen for 30/31 cowls. There are cheap ones and expensive ones. Both are available at Mike's, or MAC's, or any of those places. The more expensive ones will be closer. No matter what you get, you may still have to do a little manipulating to get them to work perfectly and line up. Don't use the "lap joint" that comes on them, either. Cut it off and do a butt-joint with panel clamps, or the likes. you can shrink or stretch along the edge until it's closer to fitting.

3. Flop

Flop

4. crider

crider

I used the ones from howells. they fit pretty nice for a patch panel. had the correct roll to them too

5. Doohickey

Doohickey

Crider has the company. Howell in Texas. Give 'em a call or check online.

6. Vin-tin

Vin-tin

The panels i have now came with my "A". Don't know who made them or anything. Anyway, i checked out Howells online and Brattons. It looks like brattons have what i'm looking for. Their panels have the compound curve just like the originals. Howells panel looks flat. Snyders...can't tell from their site.
    Thanks guys.